GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Thread deleted - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thread deleted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

Once again I must also stress that they discontinued the claim in 2017!

I think you were very restrained in providing no response to TM Legal's letter.

Let's see what they do next - for entertainment purposes only

Di
    so wifey had an email from TM Legal yesterday stating this communication acts as pre-notification of an application of enforcement and that they want to review the case with a view to making an attachment of earnings application to the county court. They then go on to say they will be passing the account to a third party supplier (probably someone in house) to obtain contact details and employment information.(I don’t think so) She has until the 21st to not reply to this request. In all seriousness this is probably all bluster again at their end as I am sure they have sent similar threats previously but just posting so this is kept in view.

Comment

Does the email state a claim reference number?

I wonder whether they failed to file the Notice of Discontinuance at court.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post
        Does the email state a claim reference number?

I wonder whether they failed to file the Notice of Discontinuance at court.

Di
        Hi Di

no the correspondence just states their own reference number. The claim was definitely discontinued on MCOL. There have been previous emails in a similar vain. Is it worth checking with the courts that the notice of discontinuation was registered? Also what what impact would this have if it wasn’t?

Thanks in advance

Comment

So today received another email from TM Legal wanting to set up a payment plan! Wish they would make their minds up! This goes to show their threat of AOE was just that and was probably just spewed out by a computer.

Comment

Originally posted by scottygees View Post
            received another email from TM Legal wanting to set up a payment plan! Wish they would make their minds up! This goes to show their threat of AOE was just that and was probably just spewed out by a computer.

I think you've summed up the situation neatly.

If they do decide to make an Application for an Attachment of Earnings on this debt where their claim was Discontinued, do let me know.

Di

Comment

20/5/22-a further pre-notification of potential enforcement action letter received.TM LEGAL will review case to recover via either warrant of control or attachment of earnings. Usually these come via email but this is by post but very similar to previous threats of enforcement. As I keep saying there is no CCJ for this account so not sure what they will achieve if they do go to the courts for enforcement.

Comment

13/7/2022-so a couple of letters have been received fromTM Legal now stating they will be instructing Resolve call to try and reconnect my wife to themselves if no contact made in next 14 days. Is it likely Resolvecall will actually knock on the door or are they just likely to put a card through the door? If they do physically knock is there a best practice in how to deal with them? This again may well be another idle threat from TM Legal but would like to be prepared with what to expect and how to deal with them. Thanks

Comment

13/7/2022-so a couple of letters have been received fromTM Legal now stating they will be instructing Resolve call to try and reconnect my wife to themselves if no contact made in next 14 days. Is it likely Resolvecall will actually knock on the door or are they just likely to put a card through the door? If they do physically knock is there a best practice in how to deal with them? This again may well be another idle threat from TM Legal but would like to be prepared with what to expect and how to deal with them. Thanks
                  Be pleasant and ask them to close the gate on the way out. No need to confirm who you are or answer security questions.

Comment

no comunicatioin with the local agent doing a job on commission, they leave a card asking you to ring an office number! of course you shut door and ignore. local agent job done. file away card as an event by date.
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Resolvecall are not hard to deal with, had them at my door a couple of times, Just say no thank you i dont want to speak with you now you have a nice day and please close the gate on your way out. file away the card they post through your door. job done

Comment

Many Thanks for the advice. Just one more thing. Will Resolve call send a letter in advance of any visit or do they just turn up unannounced?

Comment

Yes Resolve all sent me a letter first! Then I sent them the doorstep letter. Then they replied to that with the usual flannel. Then they turned up about a week later. Don't worry about them tho. Honest they are putty in YOUR HANDS

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinarut View Post
                            Yes Resolve all sent me a letter first! Then I sent them the doorstep letter. Then they replied to that with the usual flannel. Then they turned up about a week later. Don't worry about them tho. Honest they are putty in YOUR HANDS
                            When I replied to their letter, they tried to tell me the rules didn't apply to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post

When I replied to their letter, they tried to tell me the rules didn't apply to them.
                              yes thats what they want us to believe. They go on about downloading letters from the internet that are harmful to the consumer etc etc.
                              Not nearly as harmful as engaging with those clowns

Comment

Resolvecall Ahhhhhhh (OLs Snotcall oppsss Scotcall).
                                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                                X