GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script MBNA / Arrow Global vs FOS? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MBNA / Arrow Global vs FOS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MBNA / Arrow Global vs FOS?

I thought Blake had returned the account too Arrow?

It could be that they are looking for evidence to get their money back from MBNA.

I would be very suspicious until you know why they want it. Ask them why they need it.

Comment

Hi Vint,

I thought exactly the same after the last conversation I had with them but it turns out not to be the case.

I'm really suspicious as what he told me just doesn't add up.

"Arrow have been unable to get a response from MBNA" Surely that's their problem not mine?

I've already sent them a copy of the DN & Statement showing account charged off, balance zero and that's when he confirmed that statutory regulations had been broken. His words not mine.

I don't want to play right into their hands as there is one concern I definitely have about all this. The adjudicator informed me of the following which I have queried as in both SAR's there is nothing relating to this letter at all.

"MBNA provided me with system notes which indicate that a letter was sent 19 May 2009 outlining its intent to add a default to ** ******* credit file. MBNA has also told me that this was not done as a partial settlement was subsequently agreed, as outlined in its letter dated 18 September 2009"

Look at the date range, I hadn't made a single payment for 6 months I think, yet MBNA thought it would be prudent to not default me and contact me 4 months after they supposedly sent this phantom letter to make an offer I couldn't refuse. Another thing that doesn't ring true, system note relating to this letter, where is this letter then?? They couldn't provide a copy to FOS either.

Just doesn't add up. MBNA are reknowned for 6 months of no payments automatic default. Something smells of corruption and system entries being made after the event.

The other thing is I'm not sure if they are saying what they sent was a DN or just a letter informing they would be issuing one. Either way I didn't get anything and I can prove this with the 2 SAR's with 2 years between them.

Make sense? I'm confusing myself.

Thanks as always

Scrappy Coco
      Last edited by Scrappy Coco; 12 January 2013, 21:00.
      "I just want to make people silky-smooth!"

Comment

Afternoon all,

I have double checked both SAR's for any mention of this phantom letter MBNA say they sent me and there is absolutely nothing there at all.

No letter, no system notes nothing.

So it will be interesting to see what they come up with should the ombudsman overturn the adjudicators decision and then Arrow press for enforcement.

Thanks as always

Scrappy Coco

Comment

Evening all,

Got a letter from Blake Lapthorn today asking for a copy of the adjudicator decision for their client.

I'm somewhat concerned about sending this information to be honest.

And if I'm really honest I'm somewhat paranoid about sending them anything as I wouldn't put it past them to nobble the Ombudsman and he overrules the adjudicator..

I have got the DN to fall back on should it all go tits up as that's as faulty as the day is long.

Do I send a copy? or do I email advising not really my problem talk to MBNA?

Any suggestions really welcome

Thanks as always

Scrappy Coco

Comment

Talk to MBNA tell them you do not do their bidding?
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
              Talk to MBNA tell them you do not do their bidding?
              Cheers TC but I'm going to need help wording my reply as I'm sure there's rules & regulations being broke all over the place.

Default from MBNA & Arrow showing on all 3 CRA so I'd like to go back at them in such a way that they seriously tell their client to dump ASAP like I thought had had already done.

Bloody cheek of it though, asking me to do all the running around like I'm some sort of

Thanks as always

Scrappy Coco

Comment

Originally posted by Scrappy Coco View Post
                Evening all,

Got a letter from Blake Lapthorn today asking for a copy of the adjudicator decision for their client.

I'm somewhat concerned about sending this information to be honest.

And if I'm really honest I'm somewhat paranoid about sending them anything as I wouldn't put it past them to nobble the Ombudsman and he overrules the adjudicator..

I have got the DN to fall back on should it all go tits up as that's as faulty as the day is long.

Do I send a copy? or do I email advising not really my problem talk to MBNA?

Any suggestions really welcome

Thanks as always

Scrappy Coco
                Did you ask them why they wanted it?

If they will not respond, I would suggest that they contact their client or the adjudicator
                Last edited by vint1954; 22 January 2013, 20:37.

Comment

Evening all,

Forgot to post Blakes letter the other day.

I haven't responded to them. If Arrow were quick enough to buy this account and TRY and make a healthy profit on it then Arrow can surely go back to MBNA and find out what exactly is going on with this matter.

At the very least I would of expected Blake to have contacted their client like they advised me and inform them this account could cause them somewhat of an issue at the very least.

Surely after seeing the account statement showing the termination and zero balance dated **/**/** and then the DN dated 2 weeks later would start the alarm bells ringing.

From what I have been reading Blake have dumped a few accounts and Arrow have appointed new solicitors.

I got everything crossed that for once the Ombudsman does his job correctly and agrees with the adjudicator. Nothing would give me more pleasure than calling up Arrow direct and telling them to remove their default immediately or trouble is coming their way.

GETTING AHEAD OF MYSELF.

Thanks as always

Scrappy Coco
                  Attached Files

Comment

Evening all,

Had a call today from Blake Lapthorn basically advising that unless I send proof that the FOS as dealing with this matter their client has instructed them to start proceedings in 14 days.

WTF, why am I the one that is doing all the running around??

I asked why he hadn't sent this matter back to his client given all the breaches and the current circumstances as he advised me. He then went on to deny he ever said this. To which I replied would you swear on that in court as I have a recording (I haven't) but he went very quiet and transfered me to his manager. Gutless prick.

She then started with the usual bollocks and threats of court etc so I stopped her dead in her tracks and pointed out some serious flaws in her argument.

I also invited her to take me to court and lets see what my locla DJ has to say when he finds out the following:

1. Account sold while in default of CCA request - Open wide
                    2. MBNA renaged on a written agreement - No, wider
                    3. MBNA terminated & charged off account on agreed payment date - No even wider
                    4. Default notice sent two weeks after termination & charge off - abit wider if you don't mind
                    5. FOS ruled in my favour in round 1 - Need to open up just a little bit wider.
                    6. So many bloody breaches which one would you like me to tell the local DJ first with all the evidence you could ever wish for?? - That's wide enough, Boom take that you whore.

She then asked me if I could possibly please send them a copy so they could advise their client accordingly. What, like last time you lying cheating fucks.

Thanks as always

Scrappy Coco
                    Last edited by Scrappy Coco; 17 April 2013, 18:09.

Comment

normally Scrappy

I would say don't talk to them on the phone.................however................

I would imagine this unfortunate pair of wasters will be putting you on the

steer well clear list

this week's winner of the ear ripping prize - Scrappy

just remember you have no record of the call unless of course you did actually record it?

Comment

Thanks Mrs D,

I need a good telling off as I do get somewhat carried away.

If they don't want a gob full then don't call me and make threats they can't possibly back up.

Oh, and don't ever lie to me as I don't forget anything unless I've been out on the lash that is

I have provided everything to them in black and white yet they still seem to think I'm going to roll over and have my tummy tickled.

If FOS (who are in effect worse than useless) can see all the breaches and MBNA aren't being upfront with everything then how can a law firm think any differently???

MBNA can't seem to find the phone recording of the call to make final payment even though I have provided, date, time and advisor I spoke to. How bloody convienent for them???

It's beyond belief.

Oh and I've told them in writing only from now on - I've seen the light

Thanks as always

Scrappy Coco

Comment

I know how it feels

I'm a very good ear ripper and I yearn occasionally to macerate a few ears but stick with the plan, in writing, papertrail papertrail papertrail

Comment

Afternoon all,

Got a call this morning from Blake advising that they had informed their client not to proceed with this matter for the following reasons.

FOS (Adjudicator) has ruled in my favor
                            Default Notice is invalid and has broken Stat Regs
                            Account sold while in default of CCA request
                            Etc
                            Etc
                            Etc

Basically everthing I proved to them months ago in writing they have now acted on. Tossers.

Asked for confirmation in writing but I doubt I'll get anything from them so have drafted a letter requesting this info if not forthcoming in a few days.

They are awaiting their clients instructions once their client has spoken with MBNA

Thanks as always

Scrappy Coco

Comment

Great news!

Comment

If they do not confirm, you can always confirm what they have said back to them in writing.

Comment

Working...
                                X