GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script MBNA / Arrow Global vs FOS? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MBNA / Arrow Global vs FOS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MBNA / Arrow Global vs FOS?

Cheers Oscar,

I be back with an update at a later date no doubt.

Thanks as always
    Scrappy Coco
    "I just want to make people silky-smooth!"

Comment

Good luck hope you win.

Just had my final response from them which was a great big do one.

Comment

Originally posted by ken100464 View Post
        Good luck hope you win.

Just had my final response from them which was a great big do one.
        For credit card charges? - Was this also their first response?
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Oscar

Second letter response and yes credit card charges.

All the banks trotting out no charges beyond 6 years and £12 is fair.

The letters all look like its coming from the same company which of course it aint.

Part of me wonders if its the OFT ruling being 6 years ago and no longer having to defend the really high charges.

My options are now FOS or court. FOS appears to be a waste of time so that leaves me with the one option.

Comment

Oscar

Second letter response and yes credit card charges.

All the banks trotting out no charges beyond 6 years and £12 is fair.

The letters all look like its coming from the same company which of course it aint.

Part of me wonders if its the OFT ruling being 6 years ago and no longer having to defend the really high charges.

My options are now FOS or court. FOS appears to be a waste of time so that leaves me with the one option.
            Strange. That must be a recent change with MBNA then. However, no one has ever said £12 was fair, just the OFT wouldnt get involved if charges were at t hat level or below.

6 Years seems to be the standard as they hide behind DPA - we all know they have statements going back further, but they dont have to supply them.

Suppose the fact the ruling was 2007 could well be correct as you say - although if you have financial difficulties, they are still meant to investigate.
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi Ken,

Sorry to hear that. I'm still going to try though as have nothing to lose.

I've been doing a lot of looking around the net this evening and from what I have been reading online the banks and credit card companies seem to be taking a hard line and telling most people to feck off.

What I have notice though, in most of the threads I have read is that once court papers are served they seem to back off and pay out. Not in all instances though.

I suppose they don't want to disclose what their admin costs really are as that would open up a true can or worms and the possibility of hundreds of thousands of claims against them.

Thanks as always
              Scrappy Coco

Comment

It does make me laugh though.

You owe them money and they will ruin your life and hound you to the end of the earth.

They owe you money and you hit either a wall of silence or a get lost reply.

Talk about double standards

Thanks as always
                Scrappy Coco

Comment

Perhaps we should all club together and employ our own DCA to get back at them and give them a good old fashion

Thanks as always
                  Scrappy Coco

Comment

difference is, they have all the time, money and manpower in the world to hound us like dogs, we on the otherhand dont, if we did, we prob wouldnt have any debts lol

Comment

Maybe I could start one, nooooooooooo not get a licence, there again could send the Boys around?

Comment

Hi Scrappy.

Thats my view aswell on what you see now on the forums. A definite hardening of the banks stance.

One or two of them also now seem to be defending everything in court although not sure about MBNA.

I really do think the articles telling you how easy it is to get these charges back are now misleading.

But wish you well on your claim and be interested how you get on.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrappy Coco View Post
                          What I have notice though, in most of the threads I have read is that once court papers are served they seem to back off and pay out. Not in all instances though.
                          I strongly suggest you do not consider this, they are not walking away - they are defending in full.....
                          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Totally agree SXGUY.

All they have to do is work out who is serious and who isnt. Most of us aint so can be swatted down with run arounds or just plain feck off letters.

They will have constant background chatter from the masses but the skill I should think is to see the one thats heading right for them.

When they get a serious one just bring the big corporate guns out then.

Comment

Totally agree SXGUY.

All they have to do is work out who is serious and who isnt. Most of us aint so can be swatted down with run arounds or just plain feck off letters.

They will have constant background chatter from the masses but the skill I should think is to see the one thats heading right for them.

When they get a serious one just bring the big corporate guns out then.

And in some cases we bring these out to counter them: -
                              Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 1 December 2012, 15:48.

Comment

Evening all,

Back again, wrote to Blake Lapthorn sent recorded yesterday and they caught me off guard and called me today.

Anyway, the bloke I spoke to was very pleasant and asked if I could send him copies of the following:

Offer from MBNA
                                Statement showing account charged off
                                Credit report showing Default Date
                                And last but not least, the default notice dated 2 weeks after the actually defaulted the account.

I asked him why he needed this information and his reply was, if it is true what I am advising in my letter, then they will advise their client (Arrow Global) to contact MBNA and ask for an explanation.

He also told me that if this is all correct then MBNA shouldn't have sold the account and as this is a regulated agreement and MBNA haven't followed the regulations with regards to DN then it is most likely unrecoverable.

My important question is, Should I send him copies of all this information??

So glad I did a SAR twice to cover my arse, as I wouldn't put it past MBNA/Arrow or whoever to created a default notice with the correct information on it.

Cheers as always
                                Scrappy Coco

Comment

Working...
                                X