GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script 1st credit - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st credit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1st credit

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
    Thinking back now i actually think 1st credit sent us the SD when the account was in dispute
    In dispute, how? There have to be certain specific elements for an account to be classed as formally in dispute. CCA related issues do not formally raise a dispute.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      In dispute, how? There have to be certain specific elements for an account to be classed as formally in dispute. CCA related issues do not formally raise a dispute.

We sent the CCA in March or april and gave them the 12+2 days to reply they never aknowledged the request and took until July to reply and send their copy which i sent you to look at just yesterday, during this time they then sent us a SD for that account knowing that we had requested the CCA

Comment

When mu hsuband went to court to defend the SD , he told them had sent off for a CCA and showed the judge what they sent, the judge said regardless of the CCA we still owe that debt and need to pay it back , but set aside the SD , so this is why we have been disheartened about going down the CCA route

Comment

We sent the CCA in March or april and gave them the 12+2 days to reply they never aknowledged the request and took until July to reply and send their copy which i sent you to look at just yesterday, during this time they then sent us a SD for that account knowing that we had requested the CCA
          Have you got proof you sent the CCA ?
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
            Have you got proof you sent the CCA ?

well they sent one back to us , but unfortuantley i don't have the posting proof as i said earlier we got burgled in 2010 and the thieves went through everything and then decided to scatter some of our documents in the passages which we found later when the snow had started melting and they could not be saved .

Comment

wonder as the house is in negative equity we should jsut stop paying the creditors and let them bankrupt us we would probably get to keep the house , it would save all this hassle although i know bankruptcy isn't that easy as they make out , i don't know .

Comment

wonder as the house is in negative equity we should jsut stop paying the creditors and let them bankrupt us we would probably get to keep the house , it would save all this hassle although i know bankruptcy isn't that easy as they make out , i don't know .

if you are thinkg of this - then please have a read of our BR section here as you will find those who have gone BR and their stories - it was something i did consider very carefully but this was over 3 years ago now.

BR has a huge inpact on your life - it really does....... so you need to totally weigh up all the options.

Personally (after doing the DMP) I decided on the UE route as althought some of the debts may have been enforcable - it bought me some time - but this really had to be your decision - and I know that i did lots of research in to it all. Please consider all options.

As for your house as I said before there could be a chance you could keep hold of it - each case is different - so feel free to post on the BR section.

Comment

Originally posted by LooLoo View Post
                  if you are thinkg of this - then please have a read of our BR section here as you will find those who have gone BR and their stories - it was something i did consider very carefully but this was over 3 years ago now.

BR has a huge inpact on your life - it really does....... so you need to totally weigh up all the options.

Personally (after doing the DMP) I decided on the UE route as althought some of the debts may have been enforcable - it bought me some time - but this really had to be your decision - and I know that i did lots of research in to it all. Please consider all options.

As for your house as I said before there could be a chance you could keep hold of it - each case is different - so feel free to post on the BR section.
                  thanks i understand what your saying , its knowing which way to turn for the best , will read through the BR section see how i feel after that .

Comment

When mu hsuband went to court to defend the SD , he told them had sent off for a CCA and showed the judge what they sent, the judge said regardless of the CCA we still owe that debt and need to pay it back , but set aside the SD , so this is why we have been disheartened about going down the CCA route
                    The thing with UE here is that we try to avoid court action being taken, and IF it got to that point you would have a lot of support so it would not be anywhere near as big an issue as going it alone - and you would not be saying to a judge look at this bit of paper its UE, you would have a proper legal arguement which is a huge difference.
                    When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

I personally agree with FP which is why i did what i did - but do have a read and do some research and it is something that you and your husband need to talk over.

Good luck remember we are all here to have our brains picked so ask away about anything......

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
                        ...also remember we are NOT Payplan!

Here we look after the debtors' interests, not the banks'!
                        Come on get yourselves back on a good footing follow the advice on here - All For One & One For All
                        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
                          You can try the UE route first and then decide on BR at any point if you think it's more suitable, however, you can't do it the other way round, once you start the BR process there's no going back.

You've got nothing to lose by trying for UE first and see what comes back. If a lot of debts turned out enforceable then you could look at the BR route. You don't have to make a decision right now.

i know what you mean , i even looked at the booklet the ndl sent us about asking the creditors to write off my debts,but i doubt that would work, i even looked at the template letters on here for that too ,i am just so scared of the creditors how pathetic is this ?

My husband will come on here later and he will know what to do for the best he likes the idea of UE route .
                          i look at every possible avenue sometimes it gives me headache lol
                          Last edited by Spent2much; 5 July 2012, 15:43.

Comment

Banks write off debt - claim tax relief etc? then sale an alledged debt to Debt buyers for pence per £, then crash your record - = overgrown ninkcompups worse than kids, no wonder the country is in a mess.

Comment

Originally posted by GANGSHIELD View Post
                              Banks write off debt - claim tax relief etc? then sale an alledged debt to Debt buyers for pence per £, then crash your record - = overgrown ninkcompups worse than kids, no wonder the country is in a mess.
                              yes agree i came over to this forum from another because i was told i should be ashamed of myself for having a sublime mortgage and i am the cause of the banks being in so much trouble

Comment

yes agree i came over to this forum from another because i was told i should be ashamed of myself for having a sublime mortgage and i am the cause of the banks being in so much trouble

Disgraceful of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X