GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script This is the problem - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is the problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: This is the problem

Thanks for posting that up, most helpful. The first thing I notice is that the CCJ is against “Lewis gr”, which of course is Coward Hohen, the most litigious rat in the entire DCA sewer. What a surprise.

Well, there are only two out of twenty-five which are subject to court orders. How many of the others were taken out before April 6th 2007?

You say you've already sent off for the CCA on some of these? How many, and exactly what came back?

SH

Comment

So your total debts are £43440.70

If you could work out when these commenced then UE is a big possibility
      I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

Originally posted by evenlessdopey View Post
        Spent

are all of these debts being paid out of the 76?
        are some of them getting less that one pound per month?
        I get it that all are getting around 1.77 a month after the other figures are taken into account
        I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

Spent
          Can you confirm that you paying 76 a month to Payplan?
          and that includes the CCJ and the charging order? which come to 33

this means that the DMP will last in the region of 47 years, what were Payplan thinking???

Comment

Hi Spent

Sorry I'm having a particularly thick day to-day, so are you saying the total you pay to Payplan is 76? and the CCJ of 3.89 and the charging order of 27.77 is included in that? How many debts is the rest against and what are they?
            yes altogether total £76, we are skint

Comment

Spent
              Can you confirm that you paying 76 a month to Payplan?
              and that includes the CCJ and the charging order? which come to 33

this means that the DMP will last in the region of 47 years, what were Payplan thinking???
              the total is £76 a month, we have 25 debts one is a charge for £27.77 and a ccj for £3.89 the rest goes to the other debts , total £76 a month

It started off at £225 a month but our business took a dive and we had to reduce it, there is no option .
              Last edited by Spent2much; 14 July 2012, 17:01.

Comment

Originally posted by kilasuit View Post
                I get it that all are getting around 1.77 a month after the other figures are taken into account
                some are getting a bit more the rest a £1 odd, but what can we do its all we can afford, i would go bankrupt tomorrow if i could afford to and its also the house too , we would have to rent a house , its all such a mess.

Comment

any equity in the house?

Comment

Originally posted by jen_br View Post
                    any equity in the house?
                    At the moment the house according to zoopla is worth £104.450 we owe £102.300 and the charge is £5.200 i think

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                      1st credit don't do ccj's. They go for SD's normally

yes thats what they did i couldn't think of the word and now i remember statutory demands, thats why we had to fight in through court .

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
                        yes altogether total £76, we are skint
                        If you are skint after paying these debts, then you're paying more than you can realistically afford and it needs to come down.

This can be done whether or not you decide to go down the UE route but if I were you, that's the route I'd be looking at.

Remember the mantra:
                        NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
                        Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
                        Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

the total is £76 a month, we have 24 debts one is a charge for £27.77 and a ccj for £3.89 the rest goes to the other debts , total £76 a month

It started off at £225 a month but our business took a dive and we had to reduce it, there is no option .
                          There is an option.

If the debts were taken out before 2007 there's a good chance that they will be unenforceable. That means that you won't need to pay them, though obviously you'll still have to pay the charge and the ccj. That would still leave you with an extra £44.34 a month.
                          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

ok

If it were me I would be looking at the dates the accounts started, a lot must be pretty old. What happened to the CCAs that you sent?

The DMP is essentially useless, it's just prolonging your agony because you will never pay it off in this life and that is not what a DMP is about. Payplan should be noting this and talking to you.

I would have a look at UE and I would also have a look at the CCJs, who got them, where were the debts originally and did you defend?

Are you sure you're gettng all the benefits you are entitled to?
                            and are any of those debts more recent than the DMP?

I know it's a pain but to try to help, we need all the available information, no one will judge you here, we're all in the same boat, and to some on here, your 43k is a drop in the ocean!!
                            Last edited by MrsD; 2 July 2012, 20:47. Reason: crap spelling

Comment

Originally posted by PriorityOne View Post
                              If you are skint after paying these debts, then you're paying more than you can realistically afford and it needs to come down.

This can be done whether or not you decide to go down the UE route but if I were you, that's the route I'd be looking at.

I would really like to lower the payment but i am scared the others will go more charges on the house

Comment

I would really like to lower the payment but i am scared the others will go more charges on the house
                                If they're UE they can't take you to court so they can't get charges on the house.
                                Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Working...
                                X