GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Prescribed terms - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prescribed terms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Prescribed terms

Originally posted by ScabHunter View Post
    @Niddy or site admin - By the way, every time I go to a different section of the site where the templates are, I get asked to accept cookies again. Should that be happening?

SH
    On main site yes, as I stopped doing it to add the code here first, eventually the site will have similar effect as here, i.e. it'll go once you accept it...

sorry - it's a pain I know but I'll do it, maybe even in morning!
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      sorry - it's a pain I know but I'll do it, maybe even in morning!
      No, don't worry about that. It is only one mouse click. Just wanted to make sure everything was working as it should be.

Take your time and get some kip, we can't afford to have you burning out.

SH

Comment

Just a little update:-

Sent missing PTs letter off recorded delivery today but just got home to find a letter from them "giving us the opportunity to manage our finances more easily" by offering us a 60% discount if we pay within 10 days.

60% seems a rather high discount, even more so as they haven't received our letter yet and so don't know that we know what they hope we don't know... lol

Will update further when we get a reply to our letter.

Comment

Well it's still so they'll try and get a tenner, which is better than nothing right now to them

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

UPDATE!!!

We received a letter on 23rd June saying our concerns were being looked into and we should hear back from them shortly. We've heard nothing since then, apart from today when someone knocked on our front door. We don't usually answer the door as it's normally cold callers etc so I just watched him out of the front window. After trying our door for the second time he went next door. He got no answer there so he then proceeded to go to the house on the other side of us. Before he knocked there my hubby opened our door and the fella came back. He asked us why we weren't paying this debt at which point my hubby got annoyed and asked him why he'd been next door. He started stammering and my hubby said something about him harrassing us and trying to cause embarrassment and we would "have him for it". lol He left us a statement of means form which I have no intention in returning to them.

Any advice as to the next move?

Thanks

Comment

Just wondering if I should send off the letter about no doorstep visits and put in a little paragraph about them attempting to contact neighbours etc even though our last communication from Cooperative was them saying they are looking into this and will write again soon?

Thanks

Comment

Thanks, Flowerpower. Will send something off tomorrow.

Comment

Have tweaked the letter a bit to suit. Does this read ok or should I take out the bit about their recent visit?

Further to your letter dated xx/xx/xx stating you will get back to me shortly regarding my CCA, I note that I am still awaiting your further reply.

In the meantime, please be advised that I will only communicate with you in writing. Should it be your intention to arrange a doorstep visit, please be advised that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make such an appointment with you, particularly after the recent visit from one of your representatives in which they attempted to speak to my neighbours, clearly with a view to causing harrassment and embarrassment to myself.

There is an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v Sheppard & Short Ltd [1959] 2 QB 384. per Lord Evershed M.R.). Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and, if you do so, you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, police attendance.

Thanks

Comment

Chat to one side, the first neighbour he tried. They weren't in so he got no answer. We caught him before he managed to knock at the other side.

Sent the letter off yesterday to Cooperative and copied the company that visited in too. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
                      Ah so he didn't get to speak to anyone. Was just asking because it would be a breach of DPA to discuss your debts with other people. I once read about a lodger who got evicted because a doorstep agent spoke to the landlady about the lodger's debts!
                      Its also a severe breach of their CCL so if they have spoken about your debts with anyone other than you, complain to ICO, OFT & FOS

Comment

Got a response today from Co-operative. Please can someone have a look at it and advise as to our next step? Thank you
                        Attached Files

Comment

Usual Banks saying:- we telephone to try and arrange help/repayment as we are leagally have to do so our calls are not harrasement, we can do this, later on - your details have been removed and correspondence in letters, sounds like they been talking to the Hanshu Snub Bankers Corporation.
                          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Looks like a load of drivel to me. If the agreement is UE they know there is little they can do court wise.

One thing to note though is according to the second page, your account has only been open 4 months (April 2012) so obviously wasnt that well investigated or even proof read!
                            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I would ignore this letter.

They say you opened it in April 2012, really?

Nothing much to panic over here

Comment

Thanks all, I shall wait now to see what their next move is.

Will update as and when.

Comment

Working...
                                X