GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Ruthbridge - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ruthbridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RUTHBRIDGE

Got another letter of these idiots today asking me to contact them within 5 days or one of there agents may phone me.
    I think they would have phoned me already if they had my number
    Still no mention of what debt they are chasing so as far as i am concerned there is no reason for me to contact them.

Comment

Re: RUTHBRIDGE

Oh dearie, dearie me. Their latest gem goes like this:

"Dear evilcartman,

We note that you have failed to respond to mail directed to you.

YOU HAVE BEEN TRACED AS LIVING AT THE ADDRESS STATED ABOVE. PLEASE CONTACT OUR RECOVERY DIVISION IMMEDIATELY ON [THREAT-A-GRAM LINE].

If you have not established contact with this department within the next five days [letter is conveniently dated six days before receipt :], an agent may telephone between the hours of [blahblah]."

Because of course failing to respond to a phishing attempt is clear, conclusive proof of... er... "something", isn't it?

Mail arrives all the time for people who either don't live here any more or never did, despite the Mailing Preference Service being informed. I can't be arsed to return everything to sender, most of it just gets binned. Failing to respond to a letter that states nothing specific and isn't even signed for is hardly evidence of "tracing" someone.

What a bunch of absolute THICKOS!

Last edited by evilcartman; 11 May 2012, 13:28.

Comment

Re: Ruthbridge

HELP!!! I've just received a letter from Ruthbridge asking me to contact them but they don't specify why. I had a loan and a credit card which I was paying until
        Christmas 2011 but stopped as I'd struggled to get my head around things (my marriage broke down, I've had health complications since my 4th daughter was born) and I'd heard nothing from anyone. I'm not trying to escape paying my debt but I don't know who Ruthbridge are chasing for. Do I ignore Ruthbridge and contact the lender and credit card company or do I go through Ruthbridge after all?

Comment

Letters from dcas usually say who their client is. If the letter doesn't specify, I'd be sending Our Templates | Harassment & Intimidation Templates | You know nothing of the Debt / Prove It to Ruthbridge.
          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by HateRuthbridge! View Post
            HELP!!! I've just received a letter from Ruthbridge asking me to contact them but they don't specify why. I had a loan and a credit card which I was paying until
            Christmas 2011 but stopped as I'd struggled to get my head around things (my marriage broke down, I've had health complications since my 4th daughter was born) and I'd heard nothing from anyone. I'm not trying to escape paying my debt but I don't know who Ruthbridge are chasing for. Do I ignore Ruthbridge and contact the lender and credit card company or do I go through Ruthbridge after all?
            Originally posted by Pixie View Post
            Letters from dcas usually say who their client is. If the letter doesn't specify, I'd be sending Our Templates | Harassment & Intimidation Templates | You know nothing of the Debt / Prove It to Ruthbridge.
            Or just and see what they do next......
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
            X