GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Ruthbridge - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ruthbridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruthbridge

In the past 2 weeks i have had 3 letters asking me to contact this company.There is no mention of what debt they are chasing me for and i have no intention of calling them.
    The only unpaid debt i have is from 2 credit cards both from the same company and i have not made any payments for at least 10yr.I don't know if any ccjs were issued or if this debt is statue barred any advice on how to deal with matter would be most welcome.

Re: RUTHBRIDGE

Originally posted by GEO View Post
    In the past 2 weeks i have had 3 letters asking me to contact this company.There is no mention of what debt they are chasing me for and i have no intention of calling them.
    The only unpaid debt i have is from 2 credit cards both from the same company and i have not made any payments for at least 10yr.I don't know if any ccjs were issued or if this debt is statue barred any advice on how to deal with matter would be most welcome.
    You need to send this as it is, unedited as it protects you legally...

---> Our Templates | Harassment & Intimidation Templates | You know nothing of the Debt / Prove It

Best of luck
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

If they can't be arsed to put in the letters exactly what they are chasing, then I don't see any point in replying or reacting to the letters.

They obviously aren't even sure whether they are writing to the right person/address.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by rizzle View Post
        If they can't be arsed to put in the letters exactly what they are chasing, then I don't see any point in replying or reacting to the letters.

They obviously aren't even sure whether they are writing to the right person/address.
        Yea there is that but sometimes (and due to the age) the lender could have already received judgment so best to check, but then again sometimes it's best to leave sleeping dogs and all that!

Thing is if it is 10+ years anyway, no matter what it's SB so yea, I am inclined to agree - feck em
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

The first 2 letters state we are trying to contact MR xxx if you are MR xxx please contact regarding a personal matter.
          Today's letter state Dear Mr xxx you have been traced living at the above address please contact our recovery division.

Comment

Indeed. It's always a judgement call whether to reply or ignore.

When they are writing what seem to be "trace" letters, e.g just asking for contact without revealing the debt, I often think it's best to leave it and see if they then write with details. If the reason they left it out on the first is due to data protection as they are unsure they are writing to the correct person, then following up with details with no confirmation arguably drops them in it DPA wise.

Also depends on how confident of your position, and how pro-active you want to be. Sometimes people prefer to see things off right at the start, rather that just reacting.

I've done that, seeing off a DCA I found out had been passed a debt before they even had the chance to get 1 letter in the post to me.
            Last edited by Riz; 7 March 2012, 16:34. Reason: DPA! doh!
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Is there anyway i can find out if they have received judgement without contacting them ie court register.Problem is i am not sure of the date or address it would be registered to

Comment

Originally posted by rizzle View Post
                I've done that, seeing off a DCA I found out had been passed a debt before they even had the chance to get 1 letter in the post to me.
                Yea similar to the £100 I got off Lowell last month, before they actually wrote to me I spotted the Default and then got it removed with a £100 cheque before they'd even written me a bloomin letter - I love it when that happens

* talk about buying a dead duck

Comment

Is there anyway i can find out if they have received judgement without contacting them ie court register.Problem is i am not sure of the date or address it would be registered to
                  Yes you visit Trust Online - Linky here - CCJs, court orders & fines - Search yourself and others - Trust Online

If you do this, let me know what (if anything) appears

Comment

Had a look at that link and it appears to only hold register for last 6yrs.

Comment

I would probably add, that if a CCJ did exist (and presuming the DCAs knows that) then they are very likely to mention that fact if they ever get around to sending formal demands for payment rather than these "fishing" letters.

A DCA isn't likely to miss the opportunity to say "we have a judgement, pay up or else. Nah nah na nah na..... etc".

Also given this is a 10 year old debt, no guarantee that any CCJ that did exist wouldn't have fallen off the CRAs and Register of judgements after 6 years, with possible consequences if enforcement was ever to be sought.

If it was me I think I would wait and see if they actually write giving details of the debt. Which if they did, would also hopefully say if they thought they had a CCJ that could be enforced. Odds are against a CCJ, but you never know.

But as said, you may feel you want to take the bull by the horns....
                      Last edited by Riz; 7 March 2012, 16:52.

Comment

Think i will just sit tight and wait to they show their hand.

I just hope that it doesn't damage my credit ratting as i have a good credit ratting the last 6yrs with no missed or late payments infect i recently got a credit card from the original lender with £3,500 limit so they obviously haven't got me on their system anymore.

Comment

Think i will just sit tight and wait to they show their hand.
                          Good plan

Comment

will update here when they write to me again

Comment

Just checked trust online and nothing regisetred

Comment

Working...
                              X