GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Paid off Mackenzie Hall but now find I never had to. Help? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paid off Mackenzie Hall but now find I never had to. Help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Paid off Mackenzie Hall but now find I never had to. Hel

well done. Ermmm, my score against Mackenzie must be treble figures already lol (ie 100+).....
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Nid,

The saga goes on. Just received a letter from "MeritForce Doorstep Collection Agent". They state that they have been instructed by "Mackenzie Hall Limited" to collect this debt on their behalf. The same debt that they refunded me stating that is was indeed SB. They go on to state the usual that "An autherised collector will make a visit to your property within the next 10 days". Thier address is the same as MH and the phone number is the same too......lol

I was going to send them the letter from MH stating that this account was closed and a refund was given on the grounds is was SB but just wanted to see if you wanted to add anything else Nid.

Your Thoughts (apart from these people are clowns).
      Started with a debt of £18,323.68 in May 2005. Everything now paid off but trying to sort out credit file now which is shot to bits. Now begins the journey.

Comment

Yeh as has been stated, although the debt is statute barred they can still ask for the money....... although after you have informed them its statute barred they shouldn't really do that. Looks like they sold the debt on and a simple "statute barred" letter will stop them in their tracks.

Then again, as you are in Scotland i think it is different from other parts in the UK in that the debt is actually "EXTINGUISHED" in Scottish law and so shouldn't actually even exist anymore. All too technical for me so i'll wait til Niddy gives the exact expertise !!
        I hereby promise to treat Debt Collection Agencies with the same values that they treat me. UTTER CONTEMPT !!

Comment

Hiya

You wanna start getting heavy with these clowns.... At the end of the day its dead, the debt does not exist - as Billy said, it's extinguished.

Do a strongly worded letter and advise then you'll be seeking advice if their harassment continues.
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
            Hiya

You wanna start getting heavy with these clowns.... At the end of the day its dead, the debt does not exist - as Billy said, it's extinguished.

Do a strongly worded letter and advise then you'll be seeking advice if their harassment continues.
            Niddy,

Did what you said and sent a strongly worded letter to MeritForce (same address as MH) and heard nothing back. Would you believe the following just came through the post from MH again. How many Recorded Letters do I have to send them? They refunded me because it was SB??????
            Attached Files
            Started with a debt of £18,323.68 in May 2005. Everything now paid off but trying to sort out credit file now which is shot to bits. Now begins the journey.

Comment

Re: Paid off Mackenzie Hall but now find I never had to. Help?

I would have thought with the evidence you've got now you have a clear case for harassment. So folks, is it OFT or N1 to the courts?

Comment

Originally posted by livi.till.i.die View Post
                I was going to send them the letter from MH stating that this account was closed and a refund was given on the grounds is was SB but just wanted to see if you wanted to add anything else Nid.
                Mate no need to do this, again. If they ignored the last one you sent and/or try and enforce then let them issue court papers and take them on - muppets! Don't you start action against them, not worth it when it's clearly just their inability to read their mail - put simply, don't stress - they cannot do anything (legally or otherwise) so fook em!

Just keep their letters and ignore them, don't give them the time of day!

Comment

Thanks mate. Just winds me up that THEY gave me the refund because THEY were in the wrong and THEY sent me a letter saying sorry and here was the money back. Muppets is not the word for these people. Will just sit here and see if anything else comes through.

Comment

Originally posted by livi.till.i.die View Post
                    Thanks mate. Just winds me up that THEY gave me the refund because THEY were in the wrong and THEY sent me a letter saying sorry and here was the money back. Muppets is not the word for these people. Will just sit here and see if anything else comes through.

Comment

Working...
                    X