GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script In a mess head spinning. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In a mess head spinning.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: In a mess head spinning.

They tend to get block signed, so you may not get a signature image but you should get basic confirmation that it was delivered (plus you have proof of posting) which is fine.

Good luck!!!

Shep x

Comment

As someone said earlier, sending CCA requests to PO Box addresses is fine.... I've sent many over the years wth no problems at all.

One word of advice to you though... if you are sending out several CCAs, get hold of a few plastic polly-pocket files to seperate your correspondence from each creditor/DCA. That way, you'll know where you are with each one and won't be pulling your hair out.

They sell them in Tescopoly for around £2ish....
      Remember the mantra:
      NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
      Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
      Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally Posted by Drowning Not Waving
        Getting on top of the paperwork can be a full time job in itself, but once you're organised (I use a concertina box file and labelled each pocket for each creditor) it becomes much easier and a fairly simple process -
        • Open letter
        • Staple envelope to letter
        • Date it with date actually received
        • Read it
        • Update your own records and/or records here
        • Reply if necessary
        • File letter along with your response (most recent correspondence goes at the front of mine for easy referral)
        • Done!

Good luck with it all
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank's PriorityOne & In 2 Deep. Great Advice.

Snudgerchops.

Comment

hi snudgerchops

welcome to the site, i have just started on the road to UE, and as i (we) have many debts, you may see my name pop up quite a bit, please feel free to read and comment on, any of my threads

best wishes NW (mutley)

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
              hi snudgerchops

welcome to the site, i have just started on the road to UE, and as i (we) have many debts, you may see my name pop up quite a bit, please feel free to read and comment on, any of my threads

best wishes NW (mutley)
              Thank's NW,

Best Wishes to you too.

Comment

Originally posted by snudgerchops View Post
                Morning all.

Been looking at my credit file again.

I have an AP listed next to Barclaycard, from what I have read this is bad. Am I right in thinking that even if I continued to pay them it would still show on my credit file for 6 years after the final payment?

I'm concerned about the mortgage, I am not on a fixed rate which is ok right now but if interest rates go up I'm screwed. Does anyone know how my current mortgage provider would look upon this? Bad I guess?

I HATE BARCLAYCARD.
                Originally posted by swanfan View Post
                Depends if/when you've been defaulted. It'll drop off your credit file 6 years after a default regardless of whether you pay or not.
                Originally posted by snudgerchops View Post
                That's the thing they have not defaulted me....ARGHHH
                Ahh if they've not defaulted then really you need to cease any repayments you have with them until they do, otherwise what you'll end up with is many years of false data, ie 6 years of AP's history when your file should be clean..... best way to achieve this is to default it by not paying, however is it really that much of a big deal? Only you know the answer to that......
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                  Ahh if they've not defaulted then really you need to cease any repayments you have with them until they do, otherwise what you'll end up with is many years of false data, ie 6 years of AP's history when your file should be clean..... best way to achieve this is to default it by not paying, however is it really that much of a big deal? Only you know the answer to that......
                  Thank's for this.

I have ceased payments now.

Comment

Received this from Experto Credite today.

Letter was dated 5th March 2012.

Dear Snudgerchops

We write further to your letter dated 03/03/2012 and you request for documents under section 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. We are in the process of liaising with MBNA for these documents and will make evry effort to provide these within a reasonable time frame.

Whilst we are aware of your statutory right to request documentation under the Act, please be aware that the purpose of Section 78, is to ensure you have been informed of your rights and not to provide that an agreement exists.

Should we not provide the documentation within 12 working days, we understand we will enter into a period of non-compliance. During the period of non-compliance, this agreement will be deemed as being unenforcible until such a time as the period non-compliance is remedied.

The case law in the matter of McGuffick -v- Royal Bank Of Scotland Plc (available on-line) adds clarity to the term "enforcement" (paragraph 74 to 85), under the heading " The Meaning of Enforcement". In any event, should it transpire that the agreement is unenforcible, we will of course notify you of this.

The Office of Fair Trading has produced an informative guidance for consumers within their Guidance on Sections 77/78/79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. We enclose a copy of this guidance for your attention. If you are unsure of what to do next, we urge you to seek advice from a non-fee charging organisation detailed at the back of the guide.

You will see that requesting payment from a customer during a period of non-compliance or unenforcibility is not deemed to be "enforcement". There remains a contractual liability for the customer to maintain payments, which will have a positive effect on you credit file.

We want to work with you to progress this matter constructively and look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Yours Sincerely

Please note:

They did not enclose the "guidance"

The letter was not signed.

I have updated my diary.

Any thoughts? Just standard?

Thanks

Snudgerchops.

Comment

just ignore sit and wait...........

Comment

Working...
                      X