GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Car Loan PPI Paid but not on agreement - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car Loan PPI Paid but not on agreement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Car Loan PPI Paid but not on agreement

Hi, I sent the lender the claim form and they have replied with their final decision that they are not responsible and suggest I contact the car dealership. I have written to the car dealership to try and get some information from them as to why there seems to be no actual agreement for PPI but they have not even bothered to reply. I still maintain that the PPI should have been on the HP agreement as was the GAP insurance. Since the finance company took the PPI payment each month and passed it on to their insurance company where do I go now with my claim? To the FOS? If so would they be interested in the fact that there doesn't appear to be an agreement for PPI at all or just the fact that the salesman told me I had to have it to get the loan?

Comment

What I would do is send the car dealer a copy of the letter you received and make a reclaim through them first, then if this fails, hopefully you will be eligible to complain to the Financial ombudsman service (FOS).

This is where I got muddled, when it comes to a car dealer dealing with an account, it can be confusing on who is responsible, but normally the ones who set up and sell you the account are the ones liable, so it's probably the direction I would have taken in general (car dealer complaints or head office).

Write to them first then and enclose the copy as stated of the letter to them too.

Comment

Hi Di, Did as you suggested and got some vague reply from Stoneacre about them being licensed for the sale of PPI. Sent them another letter asking if they had the original agreement. They then sent me a copy of the agreement which is exactly what I have had from the finance company (and also what Stoneacre gave me when I collected the car in 2007)but also a separate sheet with the agreement number in small print and a box saying I apply for PPI and the £37.30 will be collected along with the finance payment. This bears a signature which is very similar to but not definitely mine. There are no other terms on this extra sheet such as APR or total amount payable etc. I will post it up when I return home at the weekend for you too have a look at. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Bugsy View Post
          Hi Di, Did as you suggested and got some vague reply from Stoneacre about them being licensed for the sale of PPI. Sent them another letter asking if they had the original agreement. They then sent me a copy of the agreement which is exactly what I have had from the finance company (and also what Stoneacre gave me when I collected the car in 2007)but also a separate sheet with the agreement number in small print and a box saying I apply for PPI and the £37.30 will be collected along with the finance payment. This bears a signature which is very similar to but not definitely mine. There are no other terms on this extra sheet such as APR or total amount payable etc. I will post it up when I return home at the weekend for you too have a look at. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
          Hiya

Thank you for your update and yes please do post it up when you return and we shall take a look anyway.
          Maybe Niddy will have some advice in regards of the signature matter, with that not being yours.

The agreement is normally that of the lenders, even if it was sold by the broker, also the same for the main of the paperwork, but the application would normally just be that of the broker, in your case the dealer.

We shall take a look when you get to post it up on your return, no probs.

Comment

Hi, I have a link now to what the Stoneacre have sent me. Basically when I purchased the car all the paperwork they gave me I kept in one envelope. When I did a SAR to the finance company they sent me a copy of everything that I already had in the envelope from the car sale. On neither of these was any mention on the agreement of PPI but I did have the terms and conditions for the PPI insurance.
            As I said the car salesman told me that the finance company had insisted that I take PPI in order to get the car loan, that claim the finance company deny.
            Now having asked the car sales people if they had an agreement that I had signed for PPI they have eventually sent me a copy of what I have in the envelope from the sale of the car plus this

http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/s...lue/PPIBox.jpg

As you can see there are no prescribed terms in this PPI box section and it is strange that it is a piece of paper on it's own which wasn't supplied originally with the car nor in the SAR from the finance company.

As far as the signature goes I cannot say for sure that it isn't mine although it does have a similarity there are a couple of differences in some of the letters to my usual one, but I couldn't hand on heart say that it was not mine.

My real questions are
            1) Should I claim back PPI from Stoneacre or the finance company

2) Is the PPI signature box that Stoneacre have sent me an addition to the agreement or part of the original and if part of the original why did it not appear either when I purchased the car or in the SAR from the finance company.

3) Should that be part of the reclaim or should I just rely onthe fact that I was told by Stoneacre that the finance company insisted I took PPI out eventhough now the finance company deny this.

Any advise is appreciated.

Comment

Hi, I have a link now to what the Stoneacre have sent me. Basically when I purchased the car all the paperwork they gave me I kept in one envelope. When I did a SAR to the finance company they sent me a copy of everything that I already had in the envelope from the car sale. On neither of these was any mention on the agreement of PPI but I did have the terms and conditions for the PPI insurance.
              As I said the car salesman told me that the finance company had insisted that I take PPI in order to get the car loan, that claim the finance company deny.
              Now having asked the car sales people if they had an agreement that I had signed for PPI they have eventually sent me a copy of what I have in the envelope from the sale of the car plus this

http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/s...lue/PPIBox.jpg

Hiya

Thank you for posting this up, I will click on the link shortly and take a look.

As you can see there are no prescribed terms in this PPI box section and it is strange that it is a piece of paper on it's own which wasn't supplied originally with the car nor in the SAR from the finance company.

As far as the signature goes I cannot say for sure that it isn't mine although it does have a similarity there are a couple of differences in some of the letters to my usual one, but I couldn't hand on heart say that it was not mine.

My real questions are
              1) Should I claim back PPI from Stoneacre or the finance company
              It's whoever set up your policy is the ones you pursue, although Stoneacre may have said that the insurance company insisted, Stoneacre are responsible, because they should have checked that you wanted the PPI and that you were fully eligible, in case you ever needed to make a claim as such.

2) Is the PPI signature box that Stoneacre have sent me an addition to the agreement or part of the original and if part of the original why did it not appear either when I purchased the car or in the SAR from the finance company.
              I would have thought additional, but it may differ from one business to the next, but surely in my opinion there would be more information on the policy.
              3) Should that be part of the reclaim or should I just rely onthe fact that I was told by Stoneacre that the finance company insisted I took PPI out eventhough now the finance company deny this.

Any advise is appreciated.
              The finance company may have insisted (that is what Stoneacre have said) but again it was still down to Stoneacre, so I would pursue this company and send them a "copy only" of any letters you received from the finance company about them denying it was them.

Hope that helps and please feel free to wait for other opinions as well, good luck. x

Comment

Di,

I have now heard from Stoneacre who are saying that they will investigate with the usual 8 weeks to reply and then if I am not satisfied I can go to the FSO. However they are also asking for my permission in writing for them to contact the Finance company with respect to my account. Is that normal and am I being paranoid?

Comment

Di,

I have now heard from Stoneacre who are saying that they will investigate with the usual 8 weeks to reply and then if I am not satisfied I can go to the FSO. However they are also asking for my permission in writing for them to contact the Finance company with respect to my account. Is that normal and am I being paranoid?

Hiya

They can work in different ways, but believe they can do this too, if your not sure wait for other opinions on this as well, but it seems they just want your permission in order for them to continue with the investigations of your complaint, so to do this they need to contact that stated company to forward your details.

Hope that makes sense lol.

Comment

Cheers Di.

Guess I am just a bit over suspicious at times.

Will let you know I get on.

Comment

Cheers Di.

Guess I am just a bit over suspicious at times.

Will let you know I get on.

Your very welcome, good luck x

Comment

Working...
                      X