GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script PPI from way back - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PPI from way back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PPI from way back

Getting back on this now iv some time to spare... can anyone tell me when I send the sar in, do I have to put our old address where this account was held and explain that we have moved.

Comment

What you do is send it with your current address and they will send you any info of all accounts you taken with them, so that should include accounts under different addresses as well.
      Because they should go by the account number you provide them x

Comment

Ok so finally I have my huge packages in reply to my sar, to say im boggled is an understatement! I have no clue what to look for as it all in gobbledegook. I have a massive pile of statements and different pile done up in elastic bands. HELP!

Comment

Hi

Have you found details of any ppi?
          Settlement figures etc?

Comment

Having gone through a number of SARs recently, can I offer the following advice:
            1 for the moment, leave all (there may be more than one set depending on the number of accounts you had) the statements to one side. You may need to come back to these.
            2 the bank may have sent a series of abbreviations they use in communications, again leave these to one side. You shouldn't have to come back to these.
            3 they may have included Customer Service Agents (CSAs) notes on telephone conversations with you, again leave these to one side. You shouldn't have to come back to these.
            4 what's left should be a much smaller pile. You are looking for the silver bullet, the original credit agreement. This should give details of the original loan, the length of the loan, the PPI amount and the associated interest.

5 If you find this, complete the FOS's PPI-consumer-questionnaire (from the FOS website) and send it to the bank.

6 If you don't find it, you need to check your statements (from 1 above), and providing there are itemised instances of "PPI", or "insurance" or "Credit care", or similar, again complete the FOS's PPI-consumer-questionnaire as best you can, and send to the bank.

7 The bank should acknowledge your complaint, then respond within eight weeks to say whether or not they have upheld it.
            8 If you're not happy with their decision, complain to the FOS.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
              Hi

Have you found details of any ppi?
              Settlement figures etc?

I have found one that has ppi back in 2004 just a tick in a box, we had to do that otherwise they wouldnt have let us have the loan back in them days. The one I was looking for I cant find. It was 1998 c & g mortgage thing. I have the papers but cant see it. They sent statements and the amounts are on there.

Comment

Originally posted by colonelsensibl View Post
                Having gone through a number of SARs recently, can I offer the following advice:
                1 for the moment, leave all (there may be more than one set depending on the number of accounts you had) the statements to one side. You may need to come back to these.
                2 the bank may have sent a series of abbreviations they use in communications, again leave these to one side. You shouldn't have to come back to these.
                3 they may have included Customer Service Agents (CSAs) notes on telephone conversations with you, again leave these to one side. You shouldn't have to come back to these.
                4 what's left should be a much smaller pile. You are looking for the silver bullet, the original credit agreement. This should give details of the original loan, the length of the loan, the PPI amount and the associated interest.

5 If you find this, complete the FOS's PPI-consumer-questionnaire (from the FOS website) and send it to the bank.

6 If you don't find it, you need to check your statements (from 1 above), and providing there are itemised instances of "PPI", or "insurance" or "Credit care", or similar, again complete the FOS's PPI-consumer-questionnaire as best you can, and send to the bank.

7 The bank should acknowledge your complaint, then respond within eight weeks to say whether or not they have upheld it.

8 If you're not happy with their decision, complain to the FOS.

Thank you I am wading through using your advice, it seems never ending. Some I cant even tally up, and a lot have all been dated by someone else! all the same date.

Comment

Well i think i found what i was looking for, some numbers starting ppi gave me a hint lol, i have filled in lloyds own forms to send off, as best i can, had to miss out some bits i didnt know but fingers crossed.

Comment

Originally posted by joshing View Post
                    Well i think i found what i was looking for, some numbers starting ppi gave me a hint lol, i have filled in lloyds own forms to send off, as best i can, had to miss out some bits i didnt know but fingers crossed.
                    I have my fingers crossed for you joshing
                    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

All crossed by me too, please keep us posted and if any probs let us know so we can help.

Comment

Confirmation letter of complaint received this morning. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Lloyds made a telephone call to my ex to get his version about 2 weeks ago said they were investigating so hopefully wont be too long before we hear something.

Comment

Why are they calling your ex, unless it's a joint account and he's still on it.....
                            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Yes it was a joint account, it was his suggestion that we did it although of course i did all the paperwork as usual. All from my address though Im not stupid.

Comment

Keep us posted, fingers crossed x

Comment

Working...
                                X