GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Can't remember my loan account number to reclaim - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't remember my loan account number to reclaim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't remember my loan account number to reclaim

I know i have asked about this a few years back , but i never got on with it . I had a company who want to see if i have any PPI due , I'm not going with them they would take 33% of anything if anything i am awarded, I know i can claim by myself but i just can't find the account number , I know the bank account number that the loan payment was taken from .

Any suggestions if any please ?

A SAR should give you missing details

Comment

Do you still have bank statements, it might include an account number as reference.

Otherwise, and to save waiting for a request under GDPR , maybe a phone call to the company asking the question 'what was the account number of my loan account?'

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
        I know i have asked about this a few years back . . . I had a company who want to see if i have any PPI due , I'm not going with them they would take 33% of anything if anything i am awarded, I know i can claim by myself but i just can't find the account number , I know the bank account number that the loan payment was taken from .
        Is this question about a debt which you believe has recently become Statute Barred (in June)?

I’m just thinking you need to establish whether a PPI reclaim could destabilise (or not) the situation if there’s any doubt as to its SB status which is not always dictated by your last payment.

You say you’ve asked the forum about this issue “a few years back” so is there a thread on that which you can link to? Or is the history on your Diary thread somewhere?

Has this loan account been assigned from the original creditor to a debt purchaser?

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

Is this question about a debt which you believe has recently become Statute Barred (in June)?

I’m just thinking you need to establish whether a PPI reclaim could destabilise (or not) the situation if there’s any doubt as to its SB status which is not always dictated by your last payment.

You say you’ve asked the forum about this issue “a few years back” so is there a thread on that which you can link to? Or is the history on your Diary thread somewhere?

Has this loan account been assigned from the original creditor to a debt purchaser?

Di
          HI, no this loan was paid up in full , I don't remember making a thread i can just remember asking about it as i was going to see if i could claim if owed, but I couldn't remember the account number . The loan was with the TSB and I paid it off , it was before we got into difficulty with our debts which are now SB . Although the bank account was included in my UE diary and is now SB .

Comment

You won't necessarily need a number. Just send a SAR off to the bank with your name and address etc but also advise them of your address at the time the loan was active if you've moved. You can also SAR the bank where it was coming from if you really wanted to as their duplicate statements will show the transactions. A SAR is free now so no harm in this instance to send one to both banks / unless it was the same bank of course.

Also attach a copy of ID and should be fine.

I sent a SAR to TSB 2 months ago and still nothing - this carry on they're having has put everything else on hold!
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post

The loan was with the TSB and I paid it off , it was before we got into difficulty with our debts which are now SB . Although the bank account was included in my UE diary and is now SB .

When (what year) did you pay off this loan and did you continue to have any other financial products with TSB after that because banks tend to only hold records for six years after the account has been closed?

So after you paid off the loan did you still have a current account with TSB, and if so when was that closed?

Here's the ICO's lengthly explanation of the new GDPR storage limitation principles > https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations...ge-limitation/

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                You won't necessarily need a number. Just send a SAR off to the bank with your name and address etc but also advise them of your address at the time the loan was active if you've moved. You can also SAR the bank where it was coming from if you really wanted to as their duplicate statements will show the transactions. A SAR is free now so no harm in this instance to send one to both banks / unless it was the same bank of course.

Also attach a copy of ID and should be fine.

I sent a SAR to TSB 2 months ago and still nothing - this carry on they're having has put everything else on hold!
                Hi niddy , hope you're well ? I've been in the this house 12 years in October and it was a few years before we moved well quite a few when the loan was taken out with the TSB. I will send a SAR . Thank you .

Comment

I don't know what year it was that we had the loan , but even when we paid it off we did continue to use the bank and both had a credit card and accounts with overdrafts which are now SB .

Comment

Working...
                  X