GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script PPI Claim - Providian/Barclaycard - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PPI Claim - Providian/Barclaycard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PPI Claim - Providian/Barclaycard

I would resend the email and ask why you have not had a reply.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks cymruambyth. The email address I used was - antony.jenkins@barclays.com I assume this is correct?

Comment

Yes, that's the one that I used.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I've had a confirmation of my email to Antony Jenkins, but Barclaycard are confused.

They have replied to my email by a letter in the post (from Cust Relations Dept.), stating they have already given their final response.

The are confusing the Providian card with the current Barclaycard claim I also have going too. "Card number last four digits: 1234" on this letter - This is the Barclaycard.

What should I do now, as it seems they are treating both the account formally run by Providian, and the Barclaycard as one claim?

Comment

Maybe wait a couple of days to see if you have a response from ceo's department, them explain the situation to them.

Comment

Ok, but they have stated

"Thank you for your email of 22 April 2014 (they don't even know what month it is lol) addressed to Anthony Jenkins. we are sorry we have been unable to resolve this matter to your satisfaction. We wrote to you on 22 Nov 2013 and 22 feb 2014 to provide you with our final response in connection with your complaint about mis-sale bla bla. Please find enclosed a copy of our final response"

Yet the card digits on this letter are from the Barclaycard.

I'm trying to claim PPI from a Providian card (different number).

It seems this is the response to my email, and I doubt I'll get another one.
              Last edited by chrissyw28; 27 February 2014, 13:36.

Comment

Right, I would reply to tell them that you have 2 ongoing complaints, neither of which have been satisfactorily resolved. The 2 cards are xxx and yyyy. Could they please clarify how each case has been resolved and forward details of their complaints procedure as you wish to take your complaint further.

Comment

I've received a letter today which I assume is to do with my email about the Providian card (although it doesn't mention Providian), the reference number on the letter is different to my Barclaycard claim, which makes me think this.

It says "Thank you for getting in touch regarding your complaint. I am sorry you have had reason to complain and want to assure you that we are dealing with your complaint as quickly as possible. We aim to resolve matters by the 24th March 14."

No doubt they will tell me to go forth, but I'll post back with any more responses.

Comment

They played sill y games with me, I'm sure you will win .......... Eventually!

Comment

Still no reply from them about this, looks like I'll have to chase.

Comment

Yep keep on at them, show them your not going anywhere x

Comment

I've had the following response from Barclaycard.

I note, They say I had a 'Barclaycard account' ? (it was Providian).

They say I have not had PBP in the last nine years - this only takes it to 2005, and I possibly only had the PBP from 2000-2001.
                          They say they attached a copy of the first & last statements over the 9 years.. they did not enclose these.

Now when I SAR'd them they sent statements, but only from 08/2003 - 01/2006. The possible PBP was from pre-2003, and they say they don't have the earlier statements.

I don't know whether to just drop this, or pester them with the facts that I may have had the PBP in pre-2003, (not in the last 9 years).

Comment

Definately address to them where they have failed to attach the statements they said did enclose and do not leave it there, ask for whatever proof they hold that proved that no insurance was paid, if you email them then do copy the email to the CEO as well.

Comment

Working...
                            X