GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script PPI Claim - Providian/Barclaycard - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PPI Claim - Providian/Barclaycard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPI Claim - Providian/Barclaycard

I'm trying to claim possible PPI from an old Providian card I had from 2000/01.

Here is what I have done so far -

1st July 2013 - SAR posted (eventually received some statements but not all - ones possibly showing PPI were missing).

16th sept 2013 - Providian FOS questionnaire sent to Barclaycard 51 Saffron Rd. (Del'd 18th Sep 13).

I have not received any missing statements, nor heard anything at all since sending the questionnaire to BC, and it was received by them 4 months ago.

I've just read this thread http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...ight=providian and it looks like they managed to email CEO.

Is it still possible to do this?

I suppose my other next step may be going to the ombudsman?

Re: PPI Claim - Providian/Barclaycard

Hello and welcome Crissyw28

If you have heard nothing yet then FOS is not the way forward yet. You really need a final response off the bank first.

If you have signed for proof of the letter being recieved then a complaint to Anthony Jenkins CEO Barclays would be a good place to start.

I prefer the snail mail version but many use email nowadays.

One thing I did notice in your post is that statements with PPI were missing. Do you have any statements showing PPI on them?

Comment

Hi and thanks Ken. I have a Royal Mail signed for receipt showing they received the FOS questionnaire, and I did send another letter on 20th Dec 2013 asking them to respond, but received no reply.

Do you have any address or email details for Anthony Jenkins CEO Barclays?

The statements they sent did not show PPI as they were after it was cancelled. They said they didn't have earlier statements, and Monument said my account was retained by Barclaycard. I am not 100% sure I had PPI, but think there's a very high chance I did, as I had it on a Barclaycard I had at the same time, and was the type to fall for the hype back then.

Comment

Tricky one this.

But even if you didnt have PPI you would of thought they would write back and say sorry we have no record or something like.

If you written twice then indeed complain higher up the food chain.

Try that link.

http://www.ceoemail.com/s.php?id=10648

Comment

Originally posted by ken100464 View Post
          Tricky one this.

But even if you didnt have PPI you would of thought they would write back and say sorry we have no record or something like.

If you written twice then indeed complain higher up the food chain.

Try that link.

http://www.ceoemail.com/s.php?id=10648
          Thanks Ken. I was thinking the same.

So, do I just need to write and explain what's happened, or is there a template I should be sending?

Comment

For a complaint just what happened.

You sent in a claim/SAR whatever it was and you got nothing back. Then you sent a chaser and you got nothing back. Have a read round the internet. Barclays is saying it wants to be consumer fluffy bank and trusted again. This is Mr Jenkins vision.

Ignoring consumers isnt going to get him anywhere in his vision. Normally gets a reply if you can quote something they just uttered to the press I find

There has been a considerable amount from him in the last couple of weeks so am sure a choice quote and a place he spoke at can be found. If its about trust/consumer nicey nice stuff.

Oh the final thing that normally helps is the FCA (regulators) pet project. Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) Ignoring customers doesnt quite square with this vision.

Good luck

Keep it simple. I prefer snail mail as there is evidence emails are filtered whereas letters should be knocking about his office and he may see it per chance. But the choice is entirely yours.

Comment

Will this letter be ok?.. If not, could you suggest any changes please?

FAO: Antony Jenkins – Group Chief Executive

1 Churchill Place
              Canary Wharf
              London
              E14 5HP

Dear Sir,

Re: Providian credit card XXX-XXX-XXX-XXX

I recently made a claim for mis-sold PPI. I S
              ent a Financial Ombudsman Service questionnaire to Barclaycard on 16/09/2013, which was received on 18/09/2013. I did not receive any response.

I then sent a follow up letter on 19/12/2013 asking for a response, but this was also ignored.

I am concerned to note that you have not responded to this claim at all.

I'd like to draw your attention to these quotes from your recent 'Strategic Review'.

• And customer and client expectations are rising. Either we solve their problems as soon as they
                appear or they will, rightly, walk away.”
              • But we want all of them to feel that in Barclays they have a partner that they can always trust to deliver.”
              • By “people‟, of course, we mean our customers and clients. They must always be at the
                forefront of our minds.”

Ignoring customers does not quite square with this vision.

I expect a response regarding my claim within 7 working days, or I will refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service .

This refers to the account number above formerly run by Providian.

Comment

Hi there and welcome.

I note you said you done a SAR but not received any details about the PPI, so I take it there was no Credit Agreement enclosed (CCA)?

For a CCA, you can request this separately to the data dept of the business (Barclays) for a £1 cheque or postal order and they have 12 days to comply.
                Anything about PPI will be enclosed on the CCA.

Sorry if you have already done this.

As Ken suggests, by contacting a head of the business like a CEO (Chief executive officer) it oftens gives them a nudge, so do send you letter to the CEO and a copy to the complaints team, so they are aware of this.
                What the CEO usually do is forward the details of your letter/complaint to an underhand to get this reviewed, and put forward what he things they should do, for example, overturn your complaint etc, but as you said it's been completely ignored, they need to be clear of the poor customer service of his complaints team staff.

Hope you hear some good news soon. Good luck.

Comment

Hi Di30, the only 'credit agreement' I received was this.

Is there a separate address to send a copy to the complaints team?

..and do I need to make any adjustments?
                  Attached Files

Comment

I cannot see anything relating to PPI on that?

The complaints team is at Leicester I believe. Where did you send the original requests?

Letter
                    Feel free to write things down in a letter but please remember to factor the postal service into our response time.
                    Write to us (no stamp required) at:
                    FREEPOST: RLTA CSUE TCHC
                    Customer Relations
                    Barclays Bank Plc
                    Leicester
                    LE87 2BB

Comment

I sent the questionnaire to Barclaycard at 51 Saffron Road, Leicester.

As I said, I'm not 100 there was PPI, but cannot find out for sure as I can't get any early statements.

Comment

We got back to 2002. But was via a sar and needed Mr Jenkins office to get it for us.

Comment

Hi
                          As Ken says, it maybe worth requesting for the original, it will enclose if you did take out ppi or not, but this one looks more like an application but not the orginal agreement.
                          For a £1 cheque or postal order, you can request for this by 12 days x

Comment

Hi, sorry I missed this thread. My Providian PPI was as the result of a phone call and would not have shown up on CCA. As I stated in my thread, it was called Payment Protection Plan. I took my card out at about the same time as you did. Once I got bored with waiting I only used emails to the CEOs office.
                            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
                              Hi, sorry I missed this thread. My Providian PPI was as the result of a phone call and would not have shown up on CCA. As I stated in my thread, it was called Payment Protection Plan. I took my card out at about the same time as you did. Once I got bored with waiting I only used emails to the CEOs office.
                              Thanks, I sent my email to the CEO office on 22nd feb, I haven't had any acknowledgement or reply.

How long did they take to get back to you?

Comment

Working...
                              X