GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script TTC - O.H. Capital One PPI Claim - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TTC - O.H. Capital One PPI Claim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: O.H. CAPITAL ONE PPI

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    Oh shit I totally forgot

Sorry
    You need a secretary or 3.

Comment

Re: O.H. Capital One PPI Claim

Mate this thread is JUST for the PPI element, the diary thread is over here --> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/showthread.php?10166-TCC-OH-Capital-One-Diary
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Re: TTC - O.H. Capital One PPI Claim

LOL @ Niddy !!! No probs.

Got your PM, TC, and of course I'm glad to help if I can. I haven't posted any advice in here since joining AAD last year, as far as I recall. I have been a busy working on some other projects, but I offered to help with PPI if needed, and of course that offer still stands. Also I agree with Niddy - keep it all here for continuity - as long as I can access your anonymised completed spreadsheets to check figures or troubleshoot, then we should be good to go. I haven't been in contact with Turbo for a while, but I think he's still around.

It looks like we may need to add some estimated figures to the claim, TC - and I can help with this. If so - this should increase the claim. The difficulty with estimates is in proving when the PPI was taken out, and calculating the estimate itself. If the accounts were still open, then a CCA s.77-79 request should get you the agreement copies which might then show if PPI was active from the outset. These would also show the account inception date, so even if PPI isn't shown - we can still use this date to provide a 'reasonably estimated assumption' of when PPI is likely to have commenced. Sometimes, if you can pick an argument about something else, which production of the agreement would settle (in their favour) - they may still send you it. But of course they are no longer obliged with a closed account, which is why you have to 'box clever' sometimes.

Getting DSAR data older than 6 years is getting difficult these days, but sometimes persistence pays off. I believe Di has had some success in this respect. I'm not sure what spreadsheets there are here, but I think Turbo may have posted them up a while ago, so I think they should be fine for this.

If you have an older incompatible version of Office/Excel, and can't find your master MS Office disk, you can download the OpenOffice suite, and this will usually open it. You can then save it as a newer Excel spready.

Comment

have the old SAR , account started in 2002, PPI later date!the O.Hs spreadsheet has the date and amount of charge. computer packed up so got a laptop now, trying to find old Excel/office disc. typical computer packed up just after 2 yr extended warranty ran out..
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Great - well done - so it looks like no estimating needed. If you can post up your old spready here, I could probably read it, as I'm running an old version of Excel, and have OpenOffice Calc as well. I think Turbo's spreadsheets here should do the job with this, but we have updated them since. I'll be happy to post up later copies here if it's OK with admin.

A further point - if a successful claim was made under the policy, then the amount paid out should simply be deducted from the final PPI reclaim settlement. There can be a complication where the PPI was underwritten by more than one insurer over the period of the account. This can occur if insurer A paid out more than the PPI which insurer A actually took. In this case, insurer A does not refund any PPI. But insurer B cannot offset the difference against the PPI which insurer B has to refund. Erm...if you see what I mean ?

Comment

Sometimes it's easier to email your calculations etc to each other, although you can by all means post them here....
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

spreadsheet!
                Attached Files
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

spreadsheet attached Bill

ooppssss duplicate
                  Attached Files

Comment

sorry wrong spreadsheet (Default charges), will down load PPI soon.

Comment

PPI spreadsheets O.Hs
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                        Sometimes it's easier to email your calculations etc to each other, although you can by all means post them here....
                        Thanks for that Niddy - I see that TC has posted spreadies already, so that's good.

TC - I can see the figures in the JPG's that you posted, and this gives me an idea of the size & outline of the claim. When you get your Excel sorted, though, can you upload the spready(s) in Excel or OpenOffice format ? I can then make more detailed checks, additions, alterations etc., without having to manually punch in all the figures again.

Just to get a few things clarified, if I may. Firstly, we rely on the FOS and the FCA rules & guidelines with PPI claims. This includes the methods of calculation in different cases. The method for credit cards has changed from the earlier method, and is now more complex than the method used above. You can still use the simpler method, but you will not then be able to calculate the 8% Simple (Statutory) interest. In order to do this, you need to enter the monthly account balances into the sheet.

Also - you may be able to reclaim some of the penalty charges, if they were solely attributable to the PPI. Account overlimit charges in particular, but late payment charges also in some cases.

Comment

deleted

Comment

Please PLEASE study and tax the offer fully as it is most likely wrong.
                            One of my claims went from £4k,to £12k and eventually £65K.
                            Fight,challenge and fight a bit more.
                            Good luck!
                            Matty

Comment

still looking for disc for spreadsheets download, delays in the kitchen fitting due to supplier delivery of replacements, so still upheaval.

Comment

You may have misunderstood my earlier suggestions, TC.

1. You don't have to be able to open an Excel file in order to send it or upload it. Simply send it as an attachment to a post here, or as an email - without opening it.

2. If you do need to open it before sending it (eg. to update it, etc.) - then you can use Apache OpenOffice Calc., which is within the OpenOffice suite. This is a safe and well-respected piece of free software that is an excellent alternative to MS Office. There are some differences between OO & Excel - but it will at least enable you to open and work on Excel files until you locate your MS Office disc. One useful advantage it has over Excel is that you can save spreadsheets as PDF files. You can download it here:-

http://www.openoffice.org/download/

Comment

Working...
                                X