GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Tesco Bonus CC PII claim - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tesco Bonus CC PII claim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tesco Bonus CC PII claim

Hmm I may not bother then... we don't have a 'story' as such... but we were told that because of our circumstances (am thinking it was when hubby was PT) that the PPI would make it more likely we would get the card approved. Well we found out in 2008 that that was b*llox and cancelled both the bank PPI and the Tesco PPI.. we asked for our money back and only the bank complied... Tesco ignored us and I forgot.

I might just put a letter together answering their questions and saying what I said above... we either get the money back or not.. too many other stresses to worry about tbh.

Comment

Well.....I paid off the card last week and thought that was that.

But... I got a letter just now to say we have £900 in PPI payments we can claim.

The thing is they want hubby to send either a copy of his passport or driving licence so they can:

"enable us to verify your signature"

This set off a few alarm bells for me.

I am disputing an HSPF / HBOS loan.... aren't Tesco part of that? The loan is however in my name so not a concern really..

The other debts I will be disputing which are in his name are a Barclays CC (which was a Sky card) and a MBNA card... any likelihood they will lift the signature for those?

Also, he only has an American passport and a provisional license ... will they do ?

Or, should he call them as say he hasn't got the signature proof but he can verify recent transactions etc etc...?

Any advice gratefully received... thanks!

Comment

Anyone know?

Comment

Hiya

I understand any sort of evidence should be suitable, hopefully someone will clarify on this for us and in regards of HBOS these are "Bank Of Scotland" from what I understood, will have to check out the relationship of these to Tesco.

Comment

Thank you.. so a call to them saying "I don't have signatures but I do have proof of what I've done" ... eg paid it off in full last week, paid £30 last month on the X of X etc etc?

I don't feel right handing out his signature while we are going for UE on so many things lol paranoid!!

Comment

Or as a suggestion send it on the anti tamper strip thats knocking around here.

Think I read on another thread that Niddy said Tesco wasnt with anyone anymore.

£900 well done. Must feel sweet owing to this lot last week paying it off and now they owe you.

Nice one

Comment

Does feel sweet indeed!

The ID they need however is a signature on a passport or drivers card.

Hubby only has American ones so he will photocopy that and be done with it.

What constitutes certified? Who do we get to do that?

Comment

Think a passport or drivers card is verified. Its been verified by the issuing department. If they didnt believe you then you would have to question what they were doing.

Think sometimes its hard to jump from fighting the banks as we do, to then think well we would be pretty peed off if the bank gave our money away to anyone who said they were Mr Patchouli. When infact they were Mr Tea Tree pretending to be Mr Patchouli.

I have never seen american passport or drivers card. Do they have any background squiggles and the like where the signature is? If they do then be pretty hard to lift it for anything.

Comment

Hi Patchouli - I've just seen this thread. Just a humble suggestion from a newbie, but I have been working on PPI for a while elsewhere. If that was a Credit Card account, and you were still being asked to make repayments to it, then there should - at the very least - be a copy of the original application and/or credit agreement with your OH's signature on it. In any event, as a credit card account, I'm sure that the account operator/financier (was it HBOS Di ?) should still have copies of specimen signatures of all card users - even though we live in the chip & PIN era. IMHO, that should be sufficient verification.

I would also suggest that you check the calculations when you receive your settlement offer, as these are often "erroneously" miscalculated in the lender's favour.

Comment

We got it... no fanfare or congrats letter or anything... it's just there in our bank!

Well worth the minimum hassle... and it's paid off what was owed on the card so we are most happy!

Thanks for all the advice on this thread... much appreciated!

Comment

Well done Patch and to Di,Ken and Bill for their advice, help.......love good news on AAD
                        "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Always great to hear good news, I had a letter from Tesco recently, called them and answered the questions which amounted to, I have no idea if I ever had it but I wouldn't have wanted it and they have come back with about £150 which was lovely surprise and as you said, no fuss!! Hoping my other one has a good outcome too!
                          Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by cookie2112 View Post
                            Hoping my other one has a good outcome too!
                            I have my fingers crossed cookie
                            "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Thanks IF, me too as this would be more but they have already said no once so am trying again! I will let you know what happens!
                              Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

It's been nice to share some good news with you guys - well done Patch and Cookie. "Every Little helps," as Tesco remind us constantly !!!

As a bit of a maths geek, I always suggest peeps check the settlement offers - but sometimes this is just not something that peeps want to get into - and there is perhaps much to be said for saying "Stuff the maths - I'll take the money and run !!!" If you can get a good result with minimum hassle - then that makes sense, if maths isn't your strong point.

...Looks like you guys got a good result !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X