GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Re: Creation PPI reclaim - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Re: Creation PPI reclaim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Creation PPI reclaim

Hi
    I just wondered if anyone had reclaimed PPI with Creation please?
    I had my complaint upheld at the end of January this year but I have not received the calculation yet.
    I phoned them a few weeks ago and they tell me that it is waiting to be looked at, due to the overwhelming claims.
    Am I being impatient that they have not yet come back to me with the offer of compensation, given that they have a agreed that I should get a redress?

I have just received an offer of payment after I received a letter to say that my complaint had been upheld in Jan 2018, however they are telling me that they will only pay 50% of the calculation.
    the calculation said I was entitled to £895 but they have offered me £185.
    The letter states a lot of info to say I was aware of PPI so this is why they are not offering a full refund.
    Is there any point in going to FOS with this or just gracefully accept, any thoughts or advice would be welcomed please?

Comment

FOS show paperwork and their offer? no harm as the FOS deals with PPI
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

also make sure your figure are correct?
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

were you aware of the ppi? if so take the payment.
          if not or it was of no use you could argue the fact and ask for more.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Creation.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	201.1 KB
ID:	1524908 This is what I received

Comment

What were your grounds for claiming the PPI? I would be tempted to tell them that you do not accept their calculations and inform them that if your complaint is not addressed you will refer your complaint to FOS - there is a form to complete on their site. Good luck

Comment

To be honest, it goes back a long way when I was more naive and had a lot of credit.

Comment

Oops I sent that without completing it. I thought it was a condition of having credit. I cancelled it years after I realised I did not need it.
                  I did ring them on Friday when I got the letter as I did not understand it.
                  I was told by the call handler that she could not understand the calculation and was going to ask a manager to look at it.
                  I’m just confused and maybe still naive that if they have upheld a complaint why they would not refund in full.

Comment

These companies try not to pay! Do not accept this without a fight!

Comment

Thank you, I will give it a go. Creation have been a nightmare for me over the years, so will see what happens!

Comment

Originally posted by Bluemonday3 View Post
                        received an offer of payment after I received a letter to say that my complaint had been upheld in Jan 2018, however they are telling me that they will only pay 50% of the calculation.
                        the calculation said I was entitled to £895 but they have offered me £185.
                        The letter states a lot of info to say I was aware of PPI so this is why they are not offering a full refund.

Commonsense says either the PPI was missold or it wasn't !

They've calculated the amount you were charged for the missold policy as £895.

I don't see why they feel they should haggle just because the missold premiums were documented on your statements.

I don't know the full facts but maybe you should stick to your guns since this claim was upheld in January 2018 (unless that's a typo) so maybe ask for a bit more on top of the £895 for the stress and inconvenience of this long drawn-out investigation

Di

Comment

Thanks Di, I have only just seen your response.
                          the update is that I phoned them and I was advised the call handler thought it was incorrect and was going to look into it and email me on Monday but this never happened.
                          However I pursued this yesterday and have been advised that I will now get the full refund!
                          To be honest when I was in a DMP Creation was one of the worse creditors I had to deal with. I have since cleared the debt I had with them.
                          I will take the refund whilst they are still offering it!

Comment

That’s great news; it’s amazing how often a disputed payout results in the large amount being paid out .............

Comment

Thank you. I have learned some harsh lessons the hard way by my own naivety & stupidity and because this company was so difficult to deal with during my financial difficulties, I was happy to accept anything off them.
                              I am so glad I pursued this, and got a bit more!

Comment

Working...
                              X