GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script MBNA/ PPI - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MBNA/ PPI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MBNA/ PPI

Congratulations! So happy for you!

Comment

brilliant news well done

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
        Are you serious? I'd be interested...
        Quite serious, sounds very interesting as decking alone can cost from £6,000 and the ones on the park are already sited, furnished, sat tv, wi fi and phone,sell up and move in.
        Last edited by IF; 3 August 2012, 16:52. Reason: Admin edit: Removed Links
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Well done from me too NW
          "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Originally posted by IF View Post
            Well done from me too NW
            thanks IF and no problem about the links
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
              thanks IF and no problem about the links
              Your welcome
              "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

OK annoyed now

have just receive aletter from MBNA re excess charges,
                they start with normal sorry you feel the need to complain .....
                Since june 2006 for late and returned paymentfees, and july 2006 for over limit fees,our charges have been set at £12.00,and this is in line with the guidance with provided by the OFT,
                This was detailed in the T&C, which formed the basis of our agreement to offer a credit facility. it is our view that this level of fee iand our approach is fair,legaland transparent.

they have completed a full review and our records indicate that this account has NOT been charged any default fees. therefore this account does not have any charges that are relevant to the complaint received

Our responce reflects your account activity six years prior to the date your complaint was received. In keeping with the statute of limitations Act 1980, NO fees beyond this timeframe have been considered.

its their final response,but I can take it to the FOS if I want

Bullocks
                it was only about £160., but would of been nice to get it

Comment

OK annoyed now

have just receive aletter from MBNA re excess charges,
                  they start with normal sorry you feel the need to complain .....
                  Since june 2006 for late and returned paymentfees, and july 2006 for over limit fees,our charges have been set at £12.00,and this is in line with the guidance with provided by the OFT,
                  This was detailed in the T&C, which formed the basis of our agreement to offer a credit facility. it is our view that this level of fee iand our approach is fair,legaland transparent.

they have completed a full review and our records indicate that this account has NOT been charged any default fees. therefore this account does not have any charges that are relevant to the complaint received

Our responce reflects your account activity six years prior to the date your complaint was received. In keeping with the statute of limitations Act 1980, NO fees beyond this timeframe have been considered.

its their final response,but I can take it to the FOS if I want

Bullocks
                  it was only about £160., but would of been nice to get it

Hi

I do not know much about the charges side of things as such, but do you have any letters that confirm any default charges to prove to them otherwise?

Comment

hi Di

I sar'd them and got statements that listed charges and default fees at £20.00 a time thats also how I got my PPI claim in
                    the last month as they were selling it to 1st they charged a default of £20 a latepayment of £20 and an over limit fee of £20 so they made a nice £60 just then

Comment

hi Di

I sar'd them and got statements that listed charges and default fees at £20.00 a time thats also how I got my PPI claim in
                      the last month as they were selling it to 1st they charged a default of £20 a latepayment of £20 and an over limit fee of £20 so they made a nice £60 just then
                      They obvously do not know their A**E from their elbows, and I take it you already sent them copies of the paperwork of the charges?

Strange isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                        They obvously do not know their A**E from their elbows, and I take it you already sent them copies of the paperwork of the charges?

Strange isn't it?
                        I listed all charges by date and amount, so I had done all the work for them

cheeky sods
                        should I take it to FOS or do you think its a lost cause
                        NW

Comment

I listed all charges by date and amount, so I had done all the work for them

cheeky sods
                          should I take it to FOS or do you think its a lost cause
                          NW
                          Did they give you further opportunity to write back to them.

I would write back and tell them you do not agree with them, and state that you are concerned they are not dealing with your complaint properly, and you believe they must have overlooked, because there ARE default charges and you have already enclosed them, but have enclosed a further copy of the charges yet again.

Tell them you will give them 14 days to write back to you, and if you hear nothing, or if they do not change the decision in your favour you will be taking matters further.

Comment

they state the letter is theit final response and if i am unhappy aboyt the outcome I should refer it to the FOS (they did enclose the leaflet)

Comment

they state the letter is theit final response and if i am unhappy aboyt the outcome I should refer it to the FOS (they did enclose the leaflet)
                              Ok, well it's up to you really, even though they have said it's the final decision, depending on what further info you give them they "may" decide to take another look, so if you decide to do this, just give them 14 days as from when they receive your letter, if nothing heard by then - then complain to the FOS.

You do what you feel is best.

Comment

Working...
                              X