GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CPP Reclaims - Reclaiming mis-sold CPP Insurance - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CPP Reclaims - Reclaiming mis-sold CPP Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CPP Reclaims - Reclaiming mis-sold CPP Insurance

Well a quick up date - today I received a cheque for £288.67 plus the £24 from Capital One so a total of £313.67.

Now I am delighted but when I have looked at the schedule they have sent it states that the refund is for premiums from 2005 to 2013, quick question, I started the policy in 2001 so four years are missing - that would be another £96 - would you bank these cheques and write again for the extra 4 years premiums? Don't want to seem greedy as I am delighted with this refund as I didn't think I would ever get it.

Jane x

Comment

Well done you.

I would be tempted to do exactly what you have said.

If you knew you had the policy and can prove you paid then go for it.

Any particular reason in the response to as why they started in 2005? Off the top of my head would this be when it was transferred out from your Cap One card to another card?

Comment

Originally posted by tastyjane View Post
        Well a quick up date - today I received a cheque for £288.67 plus the £24 from Capital One so a total of £313.67.

Now I am delighted but when I have looked at the schedule they have sent it states that the refund is for premiums from 2005 to 2013, quick question, I started the policy in 2001 so four years are missing - that would be another £96 - would you bank these cheques and write again for the extra 4 years premiums? Don't want to seem greedy as I am delighted with this refund as I didn't think I would ever get it.

Jane x

Bank them then when cleared Thank them for the partial refund & when will you receive the true amount to complete their honorable task?
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by ken100464 View Post
          Well done you.

I would be tempted to do exactly what you have said.

If you knew you had the policy and can prove you paid then go for it.

Any particular reason in the response to as why they started in 2005? Off the top of my head would this be when it was transferred out from your Cap One card to another card?
          The will no doubt say records for 6 years only and statement shows blank balance prior to that as per SARs suggest these days. but of course if you have the proof then go a head?
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi Ken,

I didn't default the card until 2008 so it would have been on the Capital One card from 2001 through to 2008 (default November 2008). Capital One refunded one years premium and said that's all they were prepared to payback. Bit confused who to write to for the missing 4 years - would you go back to Capital One or press CPP again?

Jane x

Comment

Hi Tech Clerk,

I am pretty sure the information they sent me when I asked for the policy details at the start of this states it was from 2001 - that makes sense (the 6 year bit). I have just banked the cheques will leave them to clear then write back ...... I like this game Thanks for the advice.

Jane x

Comment

Cap 1 have like a lot of others it seems got very obstinate on claims (PPI etc is hurting them) = good- the con hurt us more.

Comment

seems to be a fight all the way, Cap 1 won a case it has been said and are getting cocky but we have seen this before on subjects and eventually the Bad D.J. is criticised (sort of in a nice way ) by higher court judicary.

Comment

CPP I think.

Just say as Techy says thanks for the partial settlement but they seem to have missed years 2001 through to 2005.

Bang it back to Mr CEO man see what he has to say.

Cant remember if you said you had a copy policy. If you do and its dated 2001 even better as you could send them a copy asking why they settled from 2005 but not 2001.?

Pleased for you all the same. Nice to see wins.

Comment

Bingo, I have just reviewed my file and I have a letter from Capital One when they refused my refund detailing the CPP account - it states that this policy commenced on 13 May 2001 during a telephone call to activate your credit card.

I will wait for the cheques to clear and then write back to CEO of CPP with a copy and thank him for my partial refund and then ask when the rest will be sent They have also stopped income tax from the refund amount - is this right?

Jane x

Comment

Off the Taxmans website

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/news/news100512.htm

If you a basic rate taxpayer then it would seem to be in order on the 8% interest which they should have paid you for having your money for however long they had it. If not the linky advises you what to do.

Do they refer to 8% interest at all in your letter?

But it is not on the premiums and any contractual as this is your compensation.

Cant see this reclaim being any different to PPI.

I would be copying that letter to Mr CEO and asking where the rest of it is.

Good luck.

Comment

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-23103170

Looks like these could be on the way to going bump. Looks like the ex boss didnt like the numbers.

Suppose the consumer will the last in the line to get anything as usual.

Comment

Glad I got mine back when I did then off to London on Monday with it..... Thank you CPP I am awful at saving so this was a nice little extra.

Jane x

Comment

Hoping you get the rest of it Jane. Hence the linky as feel this could be one of those occasions where it goes pop making it harder or well nigh impossible to get anything back post the pop.

Comment

banks face £1billion bill for mis-selling credit card fraud insurance millions of customers will be paid compensation from a £1billion fund HSBC, Barclays, Santander, NatWest and Nationwide customers will be paid ......More at aad blog pages on CCP HERE

Comment

Working...
                                X