GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CPP Reclaims - Reclaiming mis-sold CPP Insurance - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CPP Reclaims - Reclaiming mis-sold CPP Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Not sure if anyone can help me

Quite right Jane.

I doubt they will be looking too hard to find people. So being proactive is the way forward.

Good luck on this.

Was just wondering if you wanted to help others the title of the thread could be changed if you asked a Mod?

Something like Tasty Jane kicks CPP's butt

Comment

Originally posted by vasarely View Post
      Are CPP a separate company then? Should the reclaim be addressed to them rather than the bank you had the accounts with? Can you SAR CPP? Anyone got the address?

Lots of questions...
      Niddys post 5 refers.

We did it via the bank but if you have defo details why not cut the middleman out and go direct.

I would but wasnt quite sure this is what we had. So used the bank route.

Comment

No problems with changing the thread name Ken - who do I contact?

Having looked around the internet a bit it appears I should be able to apply directly to them and that the dates were just a guideline so I am determined to at least have a go for this - 12 years of premiums for bugger all - they must be joking!

Jane x

Comment

Originally posted by tastyjane View Post
          No problems with changing the thread name Ken - who do I contact?

Jane x
          Do you want it changing ?

If so what ?
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Perhaps something like CCP reclaims as there seems a lot of people who took this out?

Jane x

Comment

Just PM anyone of the Mods I believe telling them why. I cant as its your thread and you may disagree.

There isnt any active CPP threads about but one or two posters are asking what to do.

This will hopefully give them the encouragement to have ago too. Anything to relieve banks of ill gotton gains is good in my book
              Last edited by ken100464; 20 April 2013, 12:12.

Comment

Perhaps something like CCP reclaims as there seems a lot of people who took this out?

Jane x
                Done.....
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Just phoned them Niddy - yes my policy was with them!! I have now cancelled it and so the £42.99 will not come out in May but I took it out in 2001! Over £500 worth of premiums!!

Going to look if I can reclaim anything.... really chuffed another thing ticked off my head in the sand list

Jane x
                  That sounds like really good news, I think my policy was also from 2000 or 2001, although I'm not sure how long it ran for, I don't remember cancelling it as such.

After seeing the link Niddy posted above to the CPP website (I didn't know there was one, I always assumed they were part of the bank), would it be a good idea to send a SAR? or is it a waste of money?

Thanks guys for all your useful tips, had no idea you could reclaim CPP which was mostly useless, but who was to know back in 2001, uh?

Comment

Originally posted by vasarely View Post
                    After seeing the link Niddy posted above to the CPP website (I didn't know there was one, I always assumed they were part of the bank), would it be a good idea to send a SAR? or is it a waste of money?
                    I think I would try a cheeky little letter to CPP direct first. If you got proof ie a statement then look at why the FSA hung them write a give it me back letter and see what comes from that.

But try and use why they got fined as your reasons not just you had it now give us it back. Have read somewhere they do intend to reject some.

Comment

Re: CCP Reclaims, Seems a lot of people took this out ?

Vasarely I have phoned them and they traced my policy as it was still active and I am waiting for my policy documents - once I get my policy number I will send their complaints department a letter pointing out that this insurance was sold under pressure, I remember them putting the fear of god into me about identity theft and also that they have just taken the annual premium on a rolling contract without any contact for the past 12 years.

Will see what comes back and up date then.

Jane x

Comment

OK, bit of advice needed here - just phoned them back as they are open today; they have now given me the policy number and have confirmed that I was bought on the back of taking out a Capital One card. Now I have recently F&F settled the balance of my Capital One card with Lowell's but I can only assume I wont be Capital One's favourite customer

Should I go to Capital One for the refund or direct to CPP? Interestingly the payment used to come off my Capital One card until I defaulted but they then transferred it to my debit card when Cap One wouldn't honour it! Cheeky or what!

Jane x

Comment

I can't remember what their arguments were when I signed up for CPP, I'm sure it wasn't ID theft back then, it was just to do with losing any of your cards, ID theft was first mentioned in 2005 I think it was, when I rang to do a transaction or something, they told me about the ID theft policy so it may have been a different one. I still remember the CPP letterhead had a red CPP logo I think.

Have seen Post 8, I think both apply, but I'm not sure if I'm talking about the same policy or two different ones: the earlier CPP and then the ID theft one.

• CPP sold its Card Protection product by emphasising that customers would benefit from up to £100,000 worth of insurance cover - when this was not needed because customers were already covered by their banks; and
                          • CPP overstated the risks and consequences of identity theft during sales of its Identity Protection product.
                          Will have to dig up some old paperwork if I can find it.

Comment

OK, bit of advice needed here - just phoned them back as they are open today; they have now given me the policy number and have confirmed that I was bought on the back of taking out a Capital One card. Now I have recently F&F settled the balance of my Capital One card with Lowell's but I can only assume I wont be Capital One's favourite customer

Should I go to Capital One for the refund or direct to CPP? Interestingly the payment used to come off my Capital One card until I defaulted but they then transferred it to my debit card when Cap One wouldn't honour it! Cheeky or what!

Jane x
                            That's interesting, i can't remember if the payment came out of a credit card or the current account. I had several cards at the time. Does it matter whether it came out of a credit card or current account? Would this be subject to 8% interest like PPI reclaims?

Comment

Jane x
                              Interesting they are not offering to refund or asking if thats why you want the policy.

Think its up to you. We had a better relationship with Barclaycard and perhaps we complained to them and they just said to CPP. We aint covering this give us the money.

Can see merit in both ways. But seeing as its CPP thats done the mis-sell perhaps I would come down in favour of chasing them.

But in writing as remember this could end up at FOS so you need papertrail still either email or snailmail.

Comment

Originally posted by Deepie View Post
                                Done.....
                                yea but it's not CCP mate - It should be CPP
                                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X