GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Mortgage PPI from 2004 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mortgage PPI from 2004

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PlanB
    replied
    Re: More urgent SAR advice please

Originally posted by Stressedoutmum View Post
    I might pm her in case she's not on for a while.
    I've asked someone to merge this thread onto the end of your original one for the sake of continuity too. Let's keep it all in the same place.

Having glanced at your other thread it seems the FOS are making their decision based on what information the lender has sent them which is not necessarily the same thing as everything they have on record.

There may have been some selective editing going on there

Plan B x

Leave a comment:

• Stressedoutmum
    replied

Thanks I'll do that. I might pm her incase she's not on for a while.

Leave a comment:

• PlanB
    replied

I can see that di30 has been helping you with this PPI claim since you started it in February 2013.

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post498710

Perhaps you can update on that thread to keep everything together.

Plan B x

Leave a comment:

• Stressedoutmum
    replied

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    If the Ombudsman is involved you wouldn't need SAR as they will get the info required direct from the lender. What is going on, exactly, as what you're saying doesn't add up quite right. The moment you involve the Ombudsman, you do not need to request anything - they have direct access to relevant contacts and they themselves request any missing data in which to assess any complaint - so why are they waiting and more specifically, what are they waiting for, from your SAR, they they can't get themselves from the creditor?

Thanks for all your replies. I basically requested a SAR to see if I could find any evidence (other than my policy document) that showed a connection between Assurant and the company who sold our policy to us. The Ombudsman have asked me to provide anything else I think could berelevant before making their final decision, but I am now thinking there is no point as I can’t see Assurant replying, probably as they know my complaint hasn’t been upheld so far, and it is just delaying the inevitable, and if the FOS will have received everything Niddy I am flogging a dead horse?

Another question I would have in light of what you have said Niddy, is am I allowed to see what info Assurant have provided to the FOS? I still feel like I have been fobbed off and I felt the FOS’s response (after 2 years of having my complaint) was very sparse. It was a 2 page letter, but their actual reason for not upholding my complaint comprised of 3 small paragraphs that took up a fifth ofthe actual letter itself. They have said Assurant ‘confirmed’ that Capital Mortgage Connections did not act as their agent and that they’ve seen no evidence to contradict that. They then go on to say they’ve checked if there was any DIRECT connection between the 2 companies but ‘from what we’ve seen it doesn’t look like the case'. I’d like to know how Assurant CONFIRMED this, what the FOS have SEEN and wonder what would be construed as a DIRECT connection?This all bothers me a lot as I have not seen the evidence that Assurant have provided, how do I know a exists and that it's not just their word. I have a policy document where Assurant confirm my policy was set up by Capital Mortgage Connections.

Thank sagain, I appreciate all of your input greatly!
    Last edited by Stressedoutmum; 28 June 2015, 14:33.

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

I have had no response from Assurant regarding my request, apart from when they asked me for photographic ID which I told them I was not prepared to give them as they had everything they needed to ensure I am who I say I am. They have not cashed my chq and the 40 day period was up on Wednesday. Do I now send a chaser? And what happens if they still don't reply? This is frustrating me as I am also having to keep the ombudsman up to speed as they are waiting to make their final decision. This is just another example of Assurant not taking me seriously which has been the case from day one. I just want this resolved but I am prepared to wait as long as it takes even if I have to keep writing to them for the info I am entitled to!

Thanks in advance!
    If the Ombudsman is involved you wouldn't need SAR as they will get the info required direct from the lender. What is going on, exactly, as what you're saying doesn't add up quite right. The moment you involve the Ombudsman, you do not need to request anything - they have direct access to relevant contacts and they themselves request any missing data in which to assess any complaint - so why are they waiting and more specifically, what are they waiting for, from your SAR, they they can't get themselves from the creditor?

Leave a comment:

• cymruambyth
    replied

Hi, in your other thread you ask if the clock was reset for the 40 days reply to your SAR. It did not. I would send them a one line letter to say as they have failed to fulfil their legal requirement you are complaining to the ICO. (Information commissioners office). Complete this form and let the ombudsman know what is happening.

Leave a comment:

• nightwatch
    replied

Hi stressed

I have just had a look at the thread you started about this, http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...tion-about-SAR

did you send the 'refusal to accept SAR request' that niddy mentioned?
    if not you may need to send that, with an opening paragraph stating that you wrote to them on the xx/xx/xxxx, it was delivered and signed for on the xx/xx/xxxx and that you expect a reply, asap,
    you could also mention that you are considering a complaint to the ICO if this is not dealt with as a matter of urgency.

Leave a comment:

• Stressedoutmum
    replied
    More urgent SAR advice please

I have had no response from Assurant regarding my request, apart from when they asked me for photographic ID which I told them I was not prepared to give them as they had everything they needed to ensure I am who I say I am. They have not cashed my chq and the 40 day period was up on Wednesday. Do I now send a chaser? And what happens if they still don't reply? This is frustrating me as I am also having to keep the ombudsman up to speed as they are waiting to make their final decision. This is just another example of Assurant not taking me seriously which has been the case from day one. I just want this resolved but I am prepared to wait as long as it takes even if I have to keep writing to them for the info I am entitled to!

Thanks in advance!

Leave a comment:

• Stressedoutmum
    replied
    Re: Question about SAR

Hi again! Just another quick question. I basically repliedto Assurant advising that they do not require photographic ID for me and myhusband. They have everything they need. This was sent recorded delivery andthey rec’d it at 9.30am on 15/05/15. Since then I have not heard a thing andthey have not yet cashed the fee. My question is, do they have 40 days from myfirst SAR request which they received on 27th April, or did theclock reset for them and the 40 days started again on 15th May? I amrequired to keep the Ombudsman up to date with this so I want to let them knowwhen the time is up really. Thanks again!!

Leave a comment:

• Stressedoutmum
    replied

Thank you! I'm away to check out that template now! This is now holding up my complaint being looked at by an actual Ombudsman for a final decision so I will be making the FOS well aware of this too!

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Hi - you DO NOT need to provide photographic ANYTHING and I strongly urge you not to. The DPA is quite explicit in stating that for a Data Controller (your insurer) to provide SAR in line with s.7 they must be satisfied the request came from the Data Subject (you).

This is means all that the Data Subject (you) needs to do is provide enough evidence that they know it's actually you and a signed request quoting ANY historic account or reference number with full name, date of birth & address (at the time & now if changed) - and that's it. If they do not comply then utilise the ICO Complaints process.

It'll help you if they try and fob off a later PPI reclaim which you refer to the FOS as you'd have evidence from ICO that they take the piss, if you're following me.

So to respond, I'd argue what they're requesting is in fact a breach of their Data Protection Responsibilities and that they do not require photographic anything. We do have a template that'd be ideal if edited, Refusal To Accept SAR Request

Leave a comment:

• Stressedoutmum
    replied

I had subscribed in the past to AAD but looks like Iam overdue to subscribe again so I’ll do that asap.

I did send a template SAR letter. I am wondering ifI should just send the ID they are looking for letting them know that as far asI know they should not require this? Also the Ombudsman requires any furtherinfo by 19th May, so I will need to ask them for an extension tothis, they are aware I am waiting for info from Assurant under SAR so would youtell them that Assurant have asked for this ID to make them aware that they aregiving me the run around, as they have from day one?
    Thanks again!

Leave a comment:

• IF
    replied

Have a look here for more info -- > AAD+ Members Portal

Best wishes
    IF

Leave a comment:

• SaltnVinegar
    replied

I’ve recently sent a SAR to Assurant Solutions inconnection with a Mortgage PPI complaint we have with them (see my other poston the reclaiming thread). They have replied to say that they will comply withmy request but not until I provide photographic ID for both myself and myhusband. Is this normal practice? We are still at the same address we were whenwe took out the PPI, so why would they be unsure of our identities?

Thanks in advance!
    Is this normal practice? No it is not - they are deliberately trying to fob you off.

Have you subscribed to AAD+? There is an excellent template letter you could use in there though would need a little adaptation as this is for UE.

Leave a comment:

• Stressedoutmum
    replied
    Question about SAR

I’ve recently sent a SAR to Assurant Solutions inconnection with a Mortgage PPI complaint we have with them (see my other poston the reclaiming thread). They have replied to say that they will comply withmy request but not until I provide photographic ID for both myself and myhusband. Is this normal practice? We are still at the same address we were whenwe took out the PPI, so why would they be unsure of our identities?

Thanks in advance!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X