GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Mortgage PPI from 2004 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mortgage PPI from 2004

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stressedoutmum
    replied
    Re: Mortgage PPI from 2004

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    Great - send a letter to the insurer (you CAN claim from the insurer you know?) and ask "can you clarify that you underwrote a policy I held between DATES" and provide additional info such as policy number / name / address - be vague. All you need is clarity at this stage. If they confirm then you send them a SAR

Assurant General Insurance
    Unit 1

Emerald, Westmere Drive
    Crewe
    Cheshire
    UNITED KINGDOM
    CW1 6UN
    Yes, I wrote to Assurant General Insurance back in Feb 2013 and got a letter back from Assurant Intermediary who confirmed, and I quote ' Assurant General Insurance Ltd are the policy underwriters only and as such are not responsible for any aspect of the sale'.....'it should also be noted that AGIL does not hold regulatory permissions to sell. Our permissions extend to being authorised to effect and carry out contracts of insurance. Consequently as AGIL's authority does not extend to selling activities, it is not actually possible for us to appoint a third party to act as our agent for this purpose. To do so would be unlawful'. I wrote back again after speaking to di30 and they replied basically regurgitating the same rubbish, which is why I felt they hadn't even done any sort of investigation. That is when I took it to the Ombudsman asking them to look at their involvement as the underwriter.

Leave a comment:

• Stressedoutmum
    replied

I still think D&D were reps of L&G

did you have lifestyle cover?

see this -> http://www.legalandgeneral.com/advis.../get-in-touch/

notice second section "Claims" - last option
    We were covered for disability and unemployment. When I say 'we', it was actually only my husband as he was the main earner, thouggh the policy was in both names!

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Originally posted by Stressedoutmum View Post
    Did a search on the register and this is what I got

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/register/firmR...r.do?sid=56646

Says Assurant General Insurance
    Great - send a letter to the insurer (you CAN claim from the insurer you know?) and ask "can you clarify that you underwrote a policy I held between DATES" and provide additional info such as policy number / name / address - be vague. All you need is clarity at this stage. If they confirm then you send them a SAR

Assurant General Insurance
    Unit 1

Emerald, Westmere Drive
    Crewe
    Cheshire
    UNITED KINGDOM
    CW1 6UN

Leave a comment:

• Stressedoutmum
    replied

thats the issue. It's not AAD. Try using Chrome or Firefox. Much better browsers than IE.

Details -> https://msdn.microsoft.com/library/h...(v=vs.85).aspx
    Chrome working a treat!

Leave a comment:

• Stressedoutmum
    replied

Did a search on the register and this is what I got

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/register/firmR...r.do?sid=56646

Says Assurant General Insurance

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

I still think D&D were reps of L&G

did you have lifestyle cover?

see this -> http://www.legalandgeneral.com/advis.../get-in-touch/

notice second section "Claims" - last option

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Says on policy document underwritten by Bankers Insurance Company Limited
    these -> http://www.ifa-guide.co.uk/buckingha...ted-17837.html

if they were regulated then you can claim.

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Yes windows 7 internet Explorer
    thats the issue. It's not AAD. Try using Chrome or Firefox. Much better browsers than IE.

Details -> https://msdn.microsoft.com/library/h...(v=vs.85).aspx

Leave a comment:

• Stressedoutmum
    replied

Ok but who was their insurer. They are not an insurance company (or are / were they)?

Usually firms are are underwritten by a main insurer. I'd bet it's Legal & General.
    Says on policy document underwritten by Bankers Insurance Company Limited

Leave a comment:

• Stressedoutmum
    replied

Are you using internet explorer by any chance? Are you using windows, XP, 7 or 8?

That might be why you're having IT issues. I'll post back later once you reply.
    Yes windows 7 internet Explorer

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

The insurance was D & D Homecare, but claims went through Adminacle and I believe both are part of the Assurant group!
    Ok but who was their insurer. They are not an insurance company (or are / were they)?

Usually firms are are underwritten by a main insurer. I'd bet it's Legal & General.

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Are you using internet explorer by any chance? Are you using windows, XP, 7 or 8?

That might be why you're having IT issues. I'll post back later once you reply.

Leave a comment:

• Stressedoutmum
    replied

Sorry about the font stuff Niddy. My laptop seems to have taken a dislike to the site and I am having terrible problems typing on it! On my phone now but takes me longer to type! Lol

The insurance was D & D Homecare, but claims went through Adminacle and I believe both are part of the Assurant group!

Yes PlanB I am still paying interest on that premium. We are also most likely going to have to extend our mortgage due to our financial situation so will be paying even longer! We also remortgaged in between times so no longer have any of the original paperwork (apart from the policy document) which is a bummer! I also just noticed recently on my document that I'd have been screwed if I'd tried to cancel the policy at any point after the first 30 days. There was no pro rata refund at all. The whole thing makes my blood boil actually! And I'm annoyed at myself for not realising at the time :-(

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

This is great!!
    Never give up.... I found that in 5 minutes Googling. There will be loads of cases to use to boost your complaint and get the FOS to take notice.....

However all this said, there must be someone to claim from - if there isn't then really what can you do?

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
    The bit I read at the beginning of your thread which annoyed me was the fact your insurance cover ceased in 2009 yet you are still presumably paying interest on the premium since it forms part of the overall loan which was to run for a further 12 years.

I would like to see the FOS negotiate for that interest on the insurance premium element to be stopped as a compromise (in the very least).

I can dream

Plan B x
    At the very least, plus refund of premium and any front loaded fee's....

I don't think the FOS really have any right to reject this, however I would need all letters to date to determine that and sadly, I have no time to do that right now.

Lets see what happens once OP sends of the chasers

Leave a comment:

Working...
X