GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script PPI claims - could do with a bit of advice - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PPI claims - could do with a bit of advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PPI claims - could do with a bit of advice

Don't worry, not going to rock the boat until the cheque is well and truly cleared into my bank account.
    Hope yo have a great weekend too, I keep having to pinch myself - heard so many stories about shop direct, thought this one was going to a battle as well. cheers

Comment

Your very welcome.

Come back to it when that money is safe.

Bill K who knocks around on here is pretty good with figures so am sure we can check for you. Now get your gladrags on and party

Comment

Originally posted by patchouli View Post
        Extra Cover Care.... what is this and how can I check if I have been paying it.. can I check on the online littlewoods account?
        Catalogue statements, not sure if they still sell this, but if you been running a catalogue for many years, its possible they applied it to your account, so any "old" statements may help x

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
          I will also pm you with my genworth letter, it may help you too.
          Hi di, have got a reply from sending off the letter to Genworth re my old mothercare card. They have said that they are going to write to the seller to obtain full details of my policy. They say it is anticipated that this will tyake about 5 week and they contact me once they have the details requesyed to assess my compaint further.

The letter is dated the 6th MArch and onlt got it this morning, so I'm over a week down already!!
          Did you get a letter like this, I feel like I'm going to get the runaround on this one.
          cheers

Comment

Genworth have today sent me a letter saying that they agree with Santander and are not going to uphold my ppi complaint.
            Di, do you think it is worth going any futher with this one?

Comment

So sorry i missed this hon.

Yes write back I will also check if i can find the Chief Executive officer details for you too (UK).
              Did you use my letter to help you?

Comment

So sorry i missed this hon.

Yes write back I will also check if i can find the Chief Executive officer details for you too (UK).
                Did you use my letter to help you?

I am unsure if this is CEO but have come across this email below, I would email him and tell him your not happy with the outcome of the decision they made to reject your complaint, especially as the business still had some liabilities, to have allowed the insurance to have gone ahead and approved it to your application, with the fact that it was worthless to you and enclose/attach a copy of your previous letter you sent....ask them to review by 14 days and if you hear nothing, or if they fail to overturn the decision, you will take the matter further.
                Good luck x

james.rember@genworth.com

Comment

Thanks di, yes I did use the genworth letter that you sent me, so should I email the copy of the rejection from santandet, genworth and my original letter to genworth to the CEO.?

Comment

Originally posted by tjperfick View Post
                    Thanks di, yes I did use the genworth letter that you sent me, so should I email the copy of the rejection from santandet, genworth and my original letter to genworth to the CEO.?
                    Yes do that and ask for a review, also ask that they let you know by 14 days in order for you to consider taking further action with the FOS.
                    Good luck x
                    When I first wrote to Genworth I did also attach the final letter from Santander, so they are then aware of why Santander could not go further with mine, mine was due to timescales and they said they could find nothing to help them decide on the decision, but luckily I SAR's the data dept at Santander and surprisingly they did send me all the info i needed lol.

Have you all the info on your account because that helps as well? x

Comment

No, I haven't got all the info, just a copy of the application form that was filled out in store at the time of opening the account - it was a case if you open an account, get x% off that day. The store assistant filled it in and I just signed it.
                      Genworth already have a copy of that along with the rejection from santander.
                      cheers. xx

Comment

Now because I did send a SAR to Santander data dept, I did receive all info including statements from the start, as they are separate to the complaints dept, so I had actually done this the same time as putting in the complaint to Santander at the same time and it just goes to show they never searched for records, or even check with the data dept.
                        Despite that I even confirmed this to "S" later on before taking my complaint to Genworth, and the excuse then was it was still some time ago blah blah, but having statements and the info showing where it was already pre crossed for PPI helped me, so was just wondering if this may also be the case for you, having the info, but I suppose we were just lucky there really that they still held this from the mid 90's.

Do give it another go though to Genworth x

Comment

Do you mind posting here or pm me with a copy of the letter you received from Genworth please?

Reason I am asking is because someone said they have recently started to reject recent complaints and I would like to know what they have inserted in their letters to compare etc, I have asked someone else to post me their own version, maybe we can work on this. Thank you x

Comment

sorry to be so dense, but how do I attach on a pm?

Comment

Originally posted by tjperfick View Post
                              sorry to be so dense, but how do I attach on a pm?
                              I'm afraid you can't send attachments via PM, can you scan your letter and blank out all the identifying bits then attach here?
                              "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

I have just received an email from Genworth after emailing the CEO yesterday stating that I had been through the final stage in the complaints process and if not happy to forward to the FOS.
                                What now considering that it is prior to 2005?
                                cheers

Comment

Working...
                                X