GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script PPI claims - could do with a bit of advice - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PPI claims - could do with a bit of advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PPI claims - could do with a bit of advice

Hi Di
    Is it Ok if I PM you with some wording for the catalogue reclaim forms!!
    cheers

Comment

Yes please do

Comment

I will also pm you with my genworth letter, it may help you too.

Comment

Originally posted by tjperfick View Post
          I am a bit unsure of how to fill in the forms that shop direct have sent me. I feel really stupid saying that I didn't know that the insurance that was on my accounts was somehting that I didn't even want.
          No need to feel stupid. I am sure I told them I assumed it was all part of the account that all customer had, if this also applies to you then do tell them that, especially if they never asked you but just added it.

Comment

Thanks to everyone for the advice, forms are now in the post.
            Di, I am now going to do battle with Genworth re my store card account.
            Just as an aside (feel that I am being a bit greedy) going on from my first success with my other store card, they gave me redress from 2005 - 2009 when they took over the card. Should I be approaching anyone else for the period 1993 - 2005? It was a principles card and the current card owners upheld my complaint (so as to avoid costs in court).
            What do you think?

Many thanks

Comment

Thanks to everyone for the advice, forms are now in the post.
              Di, I am now going to do battle with Genworth re my store card account.
              Just as an aside (feel that I am being a bit greedy) going on from my first success with my other store card, they gave me redress from 2005 - 2009 when they took over the card. Should I be approaching anyone else for the period 1993 - 2005? It was a principles card and the current card owners upheld my complaint (so as to avoid costs in court).
              What do you think?

Many thanks
              Hi there

Your not being greedy, that was the banks etc not us, we have the right to make a reclaim on anything we've been mis sold on, so I say go for it!

Yes I do think its worth a go.

Comment

Thanks for this - I keep thinking it was my money anyway and maybe I would not have ended up in the mess I was in if these things had not been added to my accounts.
                Who should I approach for the earlier period, if the current 'owners' of the card will not refund.

Comment

I think you are going to have to try the underwriter route on this one. Storecards are difficult pre 2005. They send you round and round and round with no one accepting they ever did anything wrong. am sure Di30 will probably know who principles was back then.

The fact someone somewhere pocketed the money on the say so normally of some spotty sales assistant signing you up at the till for some fantastic bargain which doesnt consist of financial advice by anyone who is trained to give advice is shocking. And the company who got the money doesnt think they bear some responsibility.

But thats the finance industry. No morals.

Just to help di who paid up? And do you know who owned the card pre 2005. Reading on the net it might be GE Money?

Comment

Thanks Ken, Ikano Bank (who managed the card ) have informed me that I need to go to Santander who took over from GE money. I feel a ride on a roundabout coming on, may be go straight to underwriter because no doubt santander will turn me down!

Comment

Tjperfick.

You will have to get the name of the underwriter unless you happen to have kept the paperwork. If you havnt you will have to complain to Satans bank.

1) to let them knock you back and
                      2) to get hold of the underwriter.

1) is I think all part of the process and unless you get an official knock back then the underwriter will always wriggle saying its the other chaps gov

Comment

I bank with them, there is no way that they could penalise me in any way is there?

Comment

They are not allowed to and at end of the day they will knock you back and say GE Money wasnt covered.

Accept that for what it is and if they give you underwriters details then you have moved yourself forward. Also by rejecting you they will refer you to the FSCS who will do nothing but refer you back to Satan hence the loop you may have heard about and why the underwriter method was started.

But if you havnt cut the bank out of the equation the underwriters try and use the blame them not me defence and you cant refer to FOS without the knock back from someone.

Di may think otherwise and just go after the underwriter direct. But you still need to find out who they were when you took it out so whatever way you go Satan hold the key for further progress.

Comment

Thanks for this - I keep thinking it was my money anyway and maybe I would not have ended up in the mess I was in if these things had not been added to my accounts.
                            Who should I approach for the earlier period, if the current 'owners' of the card will not refund.
                            Hiya

Not a problem.
                            Even if the account is old, i still try approaching them first, because if they do come back then and say "out of date we hold no records" you can move on to the Underwriter by sending them a copy as all you are trying to do is get your refund for being wrongly mis sold. If it fails with the underwriter complaints we will try the CEO of the underwriting business, if that fails you should then be eligible to make the complaint to the FOS as its highly possible the underwriter had to be regulated by the FSA for dealing with insurance as such.

So first, write to the business and request details at the same time of your underwriter/insurer.
                            As soon as you have these details, let me know and I will forward you a letter of mine where I succeeded via the underwriter, as it will give you an idea of the wording of the letter. Wording of the letter will be important as the underwriter do not sell the ppi direct to you but they do still have liabilities.

However, if the first business gets back to say they are not able to deal with it they may mention the FLA, the FLA though will only look at complaints if you have new evidence/info that the first business have not already seen, so my best suggestion from there would be the underwriter.

Hope this makes sense.

Comment

........Oh and just to add, that NO you will not be penalised, so I would not worry about that.

Comment

Well, thanks to ken and di for your advice, I have now ths week sent off both forms to shop direct and sent my letter off to Genworth. Feel a lot clearer now in mind now that they have been done and dusted and sent on their way. I also currently have one on with the FOS regards to Cap one. Just need to think about store card 1 (Di I have sent you a pm).
                                Wondered if anyone knew who the underwriters were for GE money back in 2001. I have recieved a knock back from regards a joint loan took out with hubby in 2001, they are saying that it is time barred. Any suggestions.
                                I would also like to say what a wonderfully supportive and informative forum that this is.
                                cheers for all help, support and advice.
                                xx

Comment

Working...
                                X