GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Littlewoods extra care insurance - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Littlewoods extra care insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Littlewoods extra care insurance

Just to say that with Di's help and some bloodymindedness I managed to get a refund from an account opened in 1998 and closed in 2003. I also got an extra payment when I complained about their service.
    Good luck.
    Last edited by cymruambyth; 13 April 2013, 10:21.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
      Just to say that with Di's help and some bloodymindedness I managed to get a refund from an account opened in 1998 and closed in 2003. I also got an extra payment when I complained about their service.
      God luck.
      You done a great job with this yourself as well Cym, remarkably well indeed I should say! xx

Comment

Hi Had a email with a complaint questionaire form attached, the ppi date they've already typed in is 1998, so will be after i opened the account as a housewife and while my husband was self employed.

Comment

Originally posted by rmcrr4 View Post
          Hi Had a email with a complaint questionaire form attached, the ppi date they've already typed in is 1998, so will be after i opened the account as a housewife and while my husband was self employed.
          Hiya

Sounds like the same procedure we went though with the complaint form. Complete to the best of your knowledge.

I would also get your hubby to email to ask for a form as well, as he will have to make a separate complaint if he had an account with them under his name (of course you can complete it on his behalf, but he will have to sign it).
          Have they already provided you with a complaint ref number?
          If not you could print off 2 forms (just as long as there's no complaint ref applied on it) or get your hubby to email for one anyway.

So basically on your form, you let them know why it didnt suit you, reasons etc, and then it was transferred to your hubby's name, but asking them to refund all the premiums you have actually paid to the account plus relevant interest.

Then as stated above, one for your hubby with his reasons, and also explain on the complaint, that it was previously in partners name etc, then transferred to "me" and I wish to reclaim all the premiums I paid to the account and interest, because (reasons).

Comment

Yes have a complaint ref number on it, I opened the account in 1996/97 it was transfered into my husbands name end of 1997 and extra care insurance was apparently added after this in 1998. I did sign email in both our names, they have asked us to fill it in for both of us and send it back as soon as possible. it has you/partner boxes on it.

Comment

I need to say a HUGE THANKYOU to everyone that replied to this thread but especiallyTO DI30

Received a letter from littlewoods today, to say they are upholding our complaint based on all the details submitted on the complaint form and will issue a cheque refund for premiums paid within 14 days I really can't thank you all enough for all the great help on this board and I hope I will be able to help someone in the future like you helped me.

Comment

Great news and well done. Littlewoods seem to have a 'party line' to refuse everything until you complain!
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hey brilliant news that.

Well done you.

Comment

Originally posted by rmcrr4 View Post
                    I need to say a HUGE THANKYOU to everyone that replied to this thread but especiallyTO DI30

Received a letter from littlewoods today, to say they are upholding our complaint based on all the details submitted on the complaint form and will issue a cheque refund for premiums paid within 14 days I really can't thank you all enough for all the great help on this board and I hope I will be able to help someone in the future like you helped me.

YAY!!!!!

Well done and Congratulations and great work done by yourself too, so give yourself a pat on your back!
                    So happy for you, and your very welcome xx

Comment

Working...
                    X