GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script ANMF mortgage ppi - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ANMF mortgage ppi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ANMF mortgage ppi

Originally posted by Slickfm View Post
    Hiya all

Santander have returned my SAR request and cheque with a covering letter saying they cannot trace our mortgage account mainly due to the account being closed more than 6 years ago. Suppose this is dead n buried now?

Hi

Huh!!

Normally with mortgages they will hold details for a number of years.
    That's what I thought anyway.

No this should not be dead and buried, have you still got the mortgage account number and any details at all lying around.

Where you paid the monthly payments from your bank account, the name of the mortgage lender and the account number should be shown next to the mortgage payment paid each month.

I would directly call into Santander, and take any details you may have along with you, account number should help.

Comment

Hi Di

I've searched everywhere without success to find the account number. Not sure how to go on from here now? Is it worth just calling into a branch and give them as much information as I can remember from that time ?

Many thanks
      Fight the good fight and we will prevail
      Proud to be a member of the AAD community

Comment

Hi Di

I've searched everywhere without success to find the account number. Not sure how to go on from here now? Is it worth just calling into a branch and give them as much information as I can remember from that time ?

Many thanks

Hiya

Oh yes definately worth calling into the local branch, hopefully they will still hold the details.
        Let us know how you go from here, so we can move this on for you. x

fingers crossed.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
          Hiya

Oh yes definately worth calling into the local branch, hopefully they will still hold the details.
          Let us know how you go from here, so we can move this on for you. x

fingers crossed.
          Hi di

Well seemed to have drawn a blank on this one. Santander are insisting that they cannot locate my mortgage from 1997-2002 without the account number. I was banking with TSB at the time I was paying direct debit and my statements would have shown this account number, as it is over 10 years ago that the mortgage was paid off it seems that I cannot get any help from TSB either. I was paying £50 a month over 5 years for this ppi cover too. How frustrating
          Last edited by Slickfm; 26 September 2012, 22:21. Reason: Typo

Comment

I suppose there is always the ICO if Santander are still claiming no knowledge anymore, these buggers must have people working flat out with shredders to get rid of all PPI stuff

Comment

Hi di

Well seemed to have drawn a blank on this one. Santander are insisting that they cannot locate my mortgage from 1997-2002 without the account number. I was banking with TSB at the time I was paying direct debit and my statements would have shown this account number, as it is over 10 years ago that the mortgage was paid off it seems that I cannot get any help from TSB either. I was paying £50 a month over 5 years for this ppi cover too. How frustrating

Hi there

I am finding this so strange, as it seems I have been coming across the same write ups of Santander's rejections.

Did you actually request a SAR from their data protection unit anyway?

I sent a SAR to the above unit, and the reclaiming to the complaint section, Santander got back by letter to say, they were unable to investigate further, because they could not locate the information on the account, and due to the age of it.
              It's also the same for others on here too.

However, the unit accepted the £10 fee for the SAR and did end up sending some information, that includes the amount paid of the insurance.

So do not give up, write to them again, and if you have not yet requested a SAR, it's up to you, maybe they will find some data.

Comment

Hi there

I am finding this so strange, as it seems I have been coming across the same write ups of Santander's rejections.

Did you actually request a SAR from their data protection unit anyway?

I sent a SAR to the above unit, and the reclaiming to the complaint section, Santander got back by letter to say, they were unable to investigate further, because they could not locate the information on the account, and due to the age of it.
                It's also the same for others on here too.

However, the unit accepted the £10 fee for the SAR and did end up sending some information, that includes the amount paid of the insurance.

So do not give up, write to them again, and if you have not yet requested a SAR, it's up to you, maybe they will find some data.
                Thanks di, I have yet to request a SAR so will do that this week. Santander did pay me some PPI back on a mortgage I had running from 2003-2005, they seemed to find that easily enough even though I had no account number? Hopefully the mortgage i had running from 1997-2002 will show on the SAR thus enabling me to fight back

Comment

Good luck hun

I think that business have a habit of not disclosing all the info, that would be useful to you.

Myself and others who's had dealings with them, they have been the same with us, but yes a SAR may come into use for you.

When I complained to the complaints section, and was told that they could not find the information in relation of the account to help them investigate, strange how the data dept section had come across some.

Good luck x

Comment

Hi all

Santander have replied to my SAR request by annoyingly sending me loads of info about the mortgage I had on my current property. My request did clearly state in bold that this was the 2nd request for info relating to a mortgage on my previous address from 1997-2002. Their covering letter says please find paperwork enclosed for the account in question. Don't they read the friggin letters properly. Cost me £10 for this too arghhh

Comment

I would write to Ana Botin Ceo Santandar at the old Abbey National address in London if you want to continue.

I had a right run around with Santander. Then wrote to her and hey presto 2 weeks later 2 Sars have arrived.

One for an account we didnt even know anything about.

Data was back to 2002.

Comment

Hi all

Santander have replied to my SAR request by annoyingly sending me loads of info about the mortgage I had on my current property. My request did clearly state in bold that this was the 2nd request for info relating to a mortgage on my previous address from 1997-2002. Their covering letter says please find paperwork enclosed for the account in question. Don't they read the friggin letters properly. Cost me £10 for this too arghhh
                        Hi all,

I have now managed to get an old statement from LloydsTSB going back to 2001 and it shows the mortgage account number that i have requested the SAR on. So posting off another letter to Santander and telling them to rectify their mistake and send me what i asked for

The statement also shows up an Abbey loan account number from the same period, i had completeley forgotten about this loan and wouldn't have a clue if it had PPI, is it worth a shot at a reclaim anyway Di?

Cheers

Comment

If you got the number and a reason why then put in a claim. If a loan front loading is a gud reason the regulators dislike this.

We did this with Barlcays account number, 30 mins filling in the claim form and one stamp later we had a nice amount transferred into our account.

Defo try it you never know

Comment

Hi all,

I have now managed to get an old statement from LloydsTSB going back to 2001 and it shows the mortgage account number that i have requested the SAR on. So posting off another letter to Santander and telling them to rectify their mistake and send me what i asked for

The statement also shows up an Abbey loan account number from the same period, i had completeley forgotten about this loan and wouldn't have a clue if it had PPI, is it worth a shot at a reclaim anyway Di?

Cheers
                            Excellent stuff, that is another reason why it comes into use of requesting a SAR.

Yes defo worth a shot.

To save me scrolling back at the mo, coz my puter currently slow, do you know the reclaiming procedures?
                            Will be back to check here later.

Comment

Excellent stuff, that is another reason why it comes into use of requesting a SAR.

Yes defo worth a shot.

To save me scrolling back at the mo, coz my puter currently slow, do you know the reclaiming procedures?
                              Will be back to check here later.
                              Hi Di, yeah I've done a couple of reclaims before on other accounts. I generally just fill in the FOS questionnaire with as much or as little info that I can remember. On this abbey loan I can't even remember how I took it out never mind if it had PPI?

Cheers for looking in

Comment

Working...
                              X