GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Confused newbie - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Confused newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Confused newbie

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
    Is it ok for the SAR payment to be made in a postal order? just curious.

Yes of course, post by recorded delivery for your proof of posting.

Good luck.

Comment

Cool, thanks, just wondered because people were worried about signing a cheque, and well a postal order wouldnt require a signature.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
        Cool, thanks, just wondered because people were worried about signing a cheque, and well a postal order wouldnt require a signature.
        Not worried anymore, sent it today with "taxpayer-your boss" on the sig strip.

Comment

Originally posted by vossy View Post
          Not worried anymore, sent it today with "taxpayer-your boss" on the sig strip.

LOL i will keep following the thread if you can let me know if it gets accepted, ill have to think of something witty to use when i need to do one also.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
            I used postal orders for all my SARs and CCA requests. Only downside is the cost.

Me too - no problems either.

Matty

Comment

Just a bit of an update on this, my cheque to LTSB with "taxpayer - your boss" on the signature strip has been cashed, also one sent to UDT, now LTSB also has been cashed - super, now to just sit and twiddle my thumbs for a while.

Comment

Oh I'd love to see someone get their cca back with their siggy copied and pasted off a cheque signed like that.... How funny lol

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysskint View Post
                  Oh I'd love to see someone get their cca back with their siggy copied and pasted off a cheque signed like that.... How funny lol
                  LOL, yeah it would be good for them to stand up in court with it and say "m'lud, the geezer has signed this cca"

All sorts of things come to mind now

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                    haha - well if it's more than £25 they may get checked and then refused, and with HMRC they'll probably add a £100 fine on - lol so maybe don't do it with them

Sign it 'Pennyless Pauper'
                    I used to be afraid of the post... Now I look forward to it - so I can stick it to the DCA's

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
                      I used postal orders for all my SARs and CCA requests. Only downside is the cost.
                      Yeah, I know, I just got one today (sorry, yesterday (26th)) and it cost me 50 bloody p. I cant remember being charged for them years ago?
                      I used to be afraid of the post... Now I look forward to it - so I can stick it to the DCA's

Comment

Working...
                      X