GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Credit card fraud - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Credit card fraud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credit card fraud

Hi guys, I noticed a transaction on my statement that I didn't recognise, I contacted Sainsbury's bank and this was the response. Apart from telling the bank to get stuffed, what's my next step? Complain to the ombudsmen? Thanks
    Attached Files

Well the first thing is to cancel that Card with Sainsbury's! They can send you a new one.

Ask Sainsbury for the electronic details of that transaction and Retailer and the time date etc of the alleged transaction! Also give the size of the trasaction howand when it was authoritsed.

Comment

So... After discovering another 3 transactions I didn't recognise, Sainsbury's have acknowledged there is a problem and have cancelled the card and will refund the £765 worth of purchases.

Ps apologies for the duplicate posts of the initial thread

Comment

That's great news, it takes pererverance but you should get the right result. If you find a small unauthorised purchase this is often a test purchase before they go on a spending spree and is why it is always best to use a credit and not a debit card for online purchases. We once had our bank account emptied and the overdraft maxed out by some lowlife. The really upsetting part was that we have address details etc but it was never followed up!
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by swanfan View Post
          So... After discovering another 3 transactions I didn't recognise, Sainsbury's have acknowledged there is a problem and have cancelled the card and will refund the £765 worth of purchases.

Ps apologies for the duplicate posts of the initial thread
          So much for their "security checks carried out in the background".

Pleased that you got the right result here.

Comment

Working...
          X