GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script No idea what to do with this company / debt - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No idea what to do with this company / debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: No idea what to do with this company / debt

I just wanted to post an update. I know this is over a month old BUT..... on my birthday I just had the BEST PRESENT EVER.

A letter from Aktiv capital to state that barclaycard are unable to provide details of the original account due to the length of time this has gone and they will no longer be pursuing the account.

Happy days and THANK YOU to anyone who posted and helped out. It's nice to not only get the answers to questions but feel supported when under the pressure of companies like this.

Comment

Originally posted by closing View Post
      I just wanted to post an update. I know this is over a month old BUT..... on my birthday I just had the BEST PRESENT EVER.

A letter from Aktiv capital to state that barclaycard are unable to provide details of the original account due to the length of time this has gone and they will no longer be pursuing the account.

Happy days and THANK YOU to anyone who posted and helped out. It's nice to not only get the answers to questions but feel supported when under the pressure of companies like this.
      Nice one........ btw Happy Birthday
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Brilliant news closing and Happy birthday from me too
        "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Well done. Told you that template would do the trick

Have a great birthday
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Well done. Great result for you. Happy Birthday

Comment

(as I type this my phone rings for the 2nd time from 0800 328 0708 lol)
              That number is Cabot Financial - another bunch of debt-chasing parasites.

You might wish to make up some fliers for "free beer offer" or "sexual disease advice hotline", put that number on and leave them scattered in pubs and clubs wherever you go. It hardly matters that the caller will soon realise that the number isn't what he/she thought it was - what matters is that Cabot will have been charged for another call.

Comment

Cowards!

Of course, if they are unable to comply with a request for a "twue copy" of the executed agreement and other documents pursuant to section 78(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 - link - then s. 78(6) applies:
                (6) If the creditor under an agreement fails to comply with subsection (1)—
                (a)he is not entitled, while the default continues, to enforce the agreement
                They could, however, still huff and puff uselessly about it.

Comment

I'm wondering if a request for compo should be put in..... hmmmmmm

Let me think about this - cunning plan is baking
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                  X