GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Quickquid gb? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quickquid gb?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Quickquid gb?

We are in agreement!

Comment

Originally posted by mrs_m View Post
      Yes I can see where your coming from tbh I am totally confused by it all, as I said if he had recieved any money from them as a loan surely this would have been put in his account but his account shows nothing only the money that was taken out all very odd x
      Hi,
      It all sounds very odd, maybe just to be sure check a couple of months prior to May.

Comment

Thanks all we have checked back until december not a single penny has been put in his account....I was thinking alot the same route about someone else has taken a loan and thier account number is like my nephews and its a massive mistake but i can confirm i have seen his bank account and nothing has been put in his account x

Comment

Originally posted by BBoo View Post
          So if it ended up with him taking QQ to court, what would he take them to court for? Surely unlawful removal of funds from his bank account.

QQ's defence would be they had a valid agreement to do so.
          QQ is American based aren't they - certainly not mainland England; I didn't think it was possible to "sue" them as such; I read summat about them a while ago - ill check my bookmarks for it tmw. Maybe not the same firm but still, I'd say the bank need to refund you. A simple email to QQ requesting confirmation of when the loan was paid and more importantly WHERE it was paid into will supply the answers, thus you take this to your bank and demand a refund as they'll see it wasn't the victim that had the loan unless it's not a HBOS account at all in which case then it'd be QQ that you'd go back to.

I'd also demand compo - go to FOS if necessary just to cost them another few hundred in mediation fees.
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Cheers Nids.....yes you are correct they are american...on the bank statement they ae down as qqgb, forgot to say my nephew has a reward account aswell i thought that offered him more protection? x

Comment

Write to QQ and literally provide acct number and ask when the loan was paid and into which account.

Then just say you've debited my account, what's going on?

See what they respond with...?

You can skip straight to the FOS if necessary but do that first to "try" self mediation. Failure can bypass a final response and allow you to complain to FOS quicker
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Ok Nids I will write a letter on his behalf tomorrow and sign digitally I think its a bout time it was sorted out he was on verges of giving up until I told him no , he said on occasions he was on the phone to them for over an hour and he can prove this to by his phone bills...x

Comment

Phone calls = more ammunition for compo via FOS

Comment

Originally posted by mrs_m View Post
                    Cheers Nids.....yes you are correct they are american...on the bank statement they ae down as qqgb, forgot to say my nephew has a reward account aswell i thought that offered him more protection?
                    No, it just costs more.

They may be based in the American colonies, but they have an office in the UK:
                    Attached Files

Comment

Well I wrote a proper shirty letter and gave them 14 days to respond that was a week ago so fingers crossed xx

Comment

Ok so wrote them a letter nigh on 3 weeks ago still no answer i gave them 14 days but they have ignored me...what do I need to do now? any help please xx

Comment

Sorry I can't help but hopefully someone with more knowledge of QQ will be along soon.
                          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Try sending another letter this time direct to the FOS and formally complain, however you need to ensure the truth before going this route - did the nephew definitely 100% never get anything paid into his account from this third party company?

At the end of the day all he has to do is search through his last 10 statements - which is easy to do - and check for incoming payments. He has to be 100% certain prior to formally going to the FOS.

Best of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                              Try sending another letter this time direct to the FOS and formally complain, however you need to ensure the truth before going this route - did the nephew definitely 100% never get anything paid into his account from this third party company?

At the end of the day all he has to do is search through his last 10 statements - which is easy to do - and check for incoming payments. He has to be 100% certain prior to formally going to the FOS.
                              Doesn't he first need to exhaust whatever complaints procedure operated by the onanists at QuickQuid UK?

Comment

Nope cos he's tried and non response means he can skip to the FOS.

Comment

Working...
                                X