GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Quick advice needed on CCCS - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick advice needed on CCCS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Quick advice needed on CCCS

Originally posted by Ames View Post
    Just a word of warning. When I approached CCCS they took my DLA into account but wouldn't allow me care needs as an expense (which isn't what they're supposed to do). So they said that I didn't need a DMP and in fact could and should be paying my creditors more.

CAB looked at the same figures and said BR was my only option.

NDL said paying token payments forever was the way to go.

So, I think it's worth speaking to a few of the organisations to get a proper overview and find out all your options, then go with the one you feel most comfortable with. Remember, you're the expert when it comes to your finances, and you know what will be realistic for you to stick to. There was no way I'd be able to stick to the CCCS budget.

I would agree, when i was looking into doing a dmp, cccs came up with an unrealistic figure. I found payplan to be very helpful, from what i've read it seems to depend on who your case manager is, and would reccomend that you check out other companies ( except fee paying ). It seems that this is a good way to get the ball rolling and then pehaps consider going it alone after a few months, just my tuppence worth. atb

Comment

DLA has to shown as income on a CFS, but should then be shown as an identical amount in expenditure. It should in no way, shape or form be considered as income for debt purposes.

There is also absolutely no point in going into a DMP where you know you're not going to be able to meet the payments. It is totally self-defeating.

Ideally it's good to know what you want before you embark on the journey - do you want to pay as little as possible over a long time? As much as possible to clear things as quickly as possible while still being able to get by? etc.....

If you have an idea what outcome you want, then you are better placed to decide who to go with. Just don't pay a penny for anything!

Comment

Put this in my unenforceability diary but think it might get better viewing here:-

Just had a CFS completed by an independant. Not involved with any of the big organisations.

Now I know what "expendable" income we have.

What do people advise as the best "next step"?

The person that did my CFS has kindly offered to work on our DMP for us if we so choose.(They can legally do this)

Would we be better off taking them up on this kind offer or going to a bigger organisation?

Just looking for advice as soon as possible really.

Comment

I've never used a DMP.... preferring to keep track of everything myself. Providing you make regular payments to a creditor; however small, then it's very unlikely to escalate.

The thing to remember is that you state how much you're paying each month and not the other way around..... and if they refuse it, take no notice and pay it anyway!

Good luck with whatever route you decide to take....
          Remember the mantra:
          NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
          Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
          Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

really only you can decide, are they going to charge you for this service? You say you know what expandable income you have, does there plan meet with yours? How long will it take to repay the debt? Do you really want to be on this plan forever?
            when i was going to go on a dmp i realised that my projected amount i was willing to pay was not going to be suffiecent to pay the debt off in a reasonable time, i have since had to evaluate my cirmcumstances and realised my credit cards were the main issue, i am at present trying to negotiate with them an amount to pay, with hopefully no interest or charges whilst i get back on my feet. So far i have one playing ball but the others not, it is worth trying all angles before commiting to a dmp that you could be stuck in for what may seem like forever.

Comment

I did actually mean disposable income. It worked out at around 14 years to clear the debts.

BUT left enough to get on ok.

There isnt really any choice other than DMP as they need paying. Not paying is just going to increase the charges etc etc. Hopefully on a DMP the interest and charges will freeze....

Comment

Originally posted by BlueArmy View Post
                I did actually mean disposable income. It worked out at around 14 years to clear the debts.

BUT left enough to get on ok.

There isnt really any choice other than DMP as they need paying. Not paying is just going to increase the charges etc etc. Hopefully on a DMP the interest and charges will freeze....
                Well, some of mine would have been going long after I'd gone through the pearly gates..... 14 decades, years or months makes no difference if you can't afford any more than your income allows.

My interest has always been frozen; there was no point in making token payments otherwise. This was always an essential part of any arrangement that I made. If they didn't like it, they sold the account to a DCA. I then challenged the whole thing. To date, none have been enforceable.

Remember the mantra:

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

no offence mate, but 14 yrs seems a long time, are any of these debts before 2007? perhaps an iva maybe worth looking at? im sure others will advise you otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by globalcrossings View Post
                    no offence mate, but 14 yrs seems a long time, are any of these debts before 2007? perhaps an iva maybe worth looking at? im sure others will advise you otherwise.

It's highly unllikely that a company will collect for 14 years.... they're more likely to sell it and claim tax relief if it's the creditor. A DCA will simply flog it on to the next one down the food chain.

Think very carefully before considering an IVA....
                    Remember the mantra:

Comment

Originally posted by PriorityOne View Post
                      It's highly unllikely that a company will collect for 14 years.... they're more likely to sell it and claim tax relief if it's the creditor. A DCA will simply flog it on to the next one down the food chain.

Think very carefully before considering an IVA....
                      Im not really clued up on iva's, all i know is it wasnt an option for me as i have 2 buy to lets, i think im right in saying they wouldn't repossess your own home though?

Comment

Blue Army - IVA's require a disposable income of around £200 per month otherwise they are almost guaranteed to be turned down by your creditors. They need to be approved by 75% of creditors to be accepted - if they are then the other 25% are forced to agree. You pay your proposed amount for 60 months and then the remainder is written off.

The effect on your credit rating is obviously severe!

Comment

Originally posted by BBoo View Post
                          Blue Army - IVA's require a disposable income of around £200 per month otherwise they are almost guaranteed to be turned down by your creditors. They need to be approved by 75% of creditors to be accepted - if they are then the other 25% are forced to agree. You pay your proposed amount for 60 months and then the remainder is written off.

The effect on your credit rating is obviously severe!

But so is entering a dmp isnt it? i literally have wrote to my creditors explaining my situation and my credit score has gone from very good to poor, just from explaining i needed a bit of help

Comment

Im not really clued up on iva's, all i know is it wasnt an option for me as i have 2 buy to lets, i think im right in saying they wouldn't repossess your own home though?
                            Repossion is way down the track and may never be a reality for you. Several DCAs over the years have known that I own property (apparently) but have never gone ahead with legal action because they've been challenged each and every time they tried to get sh*tty with me.

But so is entering a dmp isnt it? i literally have wrote to my creditors explaining my situation and my credit score has gone from very good to poor, just from explaining i needed a bit of help
                            Your credit record will be poo no matter which route you go down but the most important thing (IMO) is to be able to survive and have control over your own situation at the same time. By that, I mean that you know precisely what's going on with whom at all times.

There's nothing a DMP can do for you that you cannot do for yourself..... Having said that, some people prefer not to handle things for themselves because of the hassle involved in writing letters and so on.....
                            Remember the mantra:

Comment

Working...
                            X