GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Tory conference: Pay off credit card debts, says PM - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tory conference: Pay off credit card debts, says PM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tory conference: Pay off credit card debts, says PM

How about we (the hoi polloi) pay off our debts when the government pays off theirs?
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

It wasn't a U Turn

It has come back to him like a Boomerang.
      What with Theresa May and Ken Clarke having a Cat fight, this has to be one of the funniest Tory Conferences ever.

If they could harness all the Hot Gas expended from all 3 of the main party conference's we could heat every home in the country over the winter.

No wonder politicians wonder why NORMAL PEOPLE don't join a political party and only go to the polls when forced to. If only they could stand back and look at themselves.

It has been said that any politician who is honest or knows what he is talking about never achieves a position of power.
      No wonder they would be a danger to all the idiots and self seekers we are daft enough to elect.

Rant over, Back to my decorating.

Regards, Handy
      Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
      Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

wow...brilliant....just proving yet again how out of touch with people he is!!!
        Indeed, and to further back this point anyone watch the Pride of Britain Awards tonight.

Where was Cameron certainly not there where he should have been after all Ed Miliband and a few others of his crew were there to see some of the real hero's of our country.

He could of taken a few hours out of his schedule to be there after all was that not an eample of his so called big society.

No wonder he is out of touch

Comment

I'm not paying my debts until I'm on 140k a year, 2 cars and 2 houses thrown in, various perks, a job lined up with a private company as an advisor, a gold plated pension that starts as soon as I stop being an MP/leader and a vast personal fortune.

Until then I aint paying!

Comment

Unfortunately government debts are our debts in a democracy. The problem is the level of lies and deceit that our self proclaimed betters try to foist on us all.

I would suggest that they all start to lead from the front. Every prime minister since the start of the 20th century has promised "jam tomorrow" everyone of them has failed and failed you and I. Sadly Tories are probably the worst, the barefaced lies of Edward Heath took us into the EU, whilst the barefaced lies of T Bliar took us into Iraq and conflict with the whole Arab world.

Garlok

Comment

Originally posted by BBoo View Post
              Forgive me if I'm wrong, but if everyone did as he is suggesting and paid off ALL their credit card bills, would that not mean the CC companies lose a vast amount in interest and quite possibly end up going out of business as all they'd be doing was offering interest free loans?
              It would also reduce the liquidity of the economy and further dampen consumer demand, thereby leading to more job losses.

Comment

Originally posted by rizzle View Post
                Ostensibly:
                Part of the speech was re-written at a late stage to remove a call for households to pay off credit card debts amid Downing Street fears Mr Cameron would appear out-of-touch with ordinary voters.
                Oh - so it wasn't just because doolally Dave was about to utter a load of botty-water, then?

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  Which is True, Just goes to prove he's talking out of his hat as usual.
                  I'd have located the orifice several feet lower.

Unless, if we were all debt free (wouldn't that be nice - But never going to happen for me). Then we would all have extra disposable income to cushion us from the recession in the undoubted increase in Taxation he would levy.
                  ... if only to make up for reduced VAT returns.

Who runs the Tory think tank?
                  It's that Madsen Pirie, innit? link

They certainly don't live on the same planet as Handy
                  Unfortunately, he still does; he's too loony to return home be abducted.
                  Last edited by CleverClogs (RIP); 7 October 2011, 04:00.

Comment

Working...
                  X