GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Lowells have issued a CCJ please help - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lowells have issued a CCJ please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowells have issued a CCJ please help

There is nothing you need to do until nearer the 18th April.

Post up if you get any response to your CPR 31.14 request. The reason for leaving the Defence until close to the deadline is to wait to see if more information comes along in the meantime which may need to be reflected in your Defence.

Plan B x

Comment

Hi guys, I've had a letter from lowells solicitors but no mention at all of what I've sent to them. it says notice of impending CCJ.nthey say they have issued legal proceedings and i have failed to respond? i have responded to the court thing on the internet and sent them a recorded delivery letter what are they talking about? it then says if i do not contact them or respond to the claim they will ask the court to issue a ccj against me after 11/04/2016/ it then says about i have to make full payment in one calendar month etc

what should i do?

Comment

Chill. Don't stress.

Jo is aware
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

. . . and I'm aware too

It sounds as if you've received a standard bully letter from Lowells solicitors who are trying to scare you into paying before you file your Defence which is not due until 18th April .

However it may be wise to make sure that the AOS you filed online was successful. Call the court to check. The number is on your claim form and they will ask you to clear security with your claim number, address and DOB.

Post up to let us know all is well.

Plan B x

Comment

Hi plan B, yep I've just spoke to the court they said everything went through fine on the 22nd March and they let Lowell solicitors know my response straight away. The letter lowells sent me is dated the 1st April so they've obviously got that response from the court. She confirmed I need to file my defence by the 18th and I can do it online

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
              . . . and I'm aware too.
              Apologies. Yes, I emailed you both.
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Stav_Ellis View Post
                Hi plan B, yep I've just spoke to the court they said everything went through fine on the 22nd March and they let Lowell solicitors know my response straight away. The letter lowells sent me is dated the 1st April so they've obviously got that response from the court. She confirmed I need to file my defence by the 18th and I can do it online
                Ideally you ought to subscribe to AAD+ if you want bespoke advice from our legal team (Jo / planB) -> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/aad-members.php

Comment

Hello again, just checking I don't need to do anything with this letter lowells have sent. I have to file my defence by Sunday night is it pretty self explanatory? Still haven't received anything from lowells other than this letter saying I haven't acknowledged it (which I checked with the court and they said I have and lowells know this)

Comment

just checking I don't need to do anything with this letter lowells have sent. I have to file my defence by Sunday night is it pretty self explanatory? Still haven't received anything from lowells other than this letter
                    No you don't need to respond to Lowells' letter.

What you do need to do is check your files and online bank account (if you have one) to see if there really was a mystery £49 payment made by you 5 years ago as Lowells have claimed.

I've re-read your thread and can see that you've been in regular correspondence with Lowells (by email) so can you forward those emails to me then I can see what you've told them so far and what they've said in reply. It's always good to know what the enemy may have up their sleeve.

I asked the question to lowells and they said id made a payment of £49 5 years ago to them which i asked for proof of and what payment method etc as i had no record of it, no reply to that. i never cancelled my contract id basically complained and complained over the course of a year with no compensation from vodafone or help in my issues so i just cancelled my DD, at the time i saw it as they were in breach as they weren't providing a service i was paying for... maybe a little young and naive? so yes as far as they were concerned i owed the rest of my contract, I've asked lowells for the original signed contract and had no reply, i told lowells about the companies to vodafone which they said they'd investigate... nothing from them. yes i said defend all on the site mate, i still have the emails asking lowells for this information and them saying they'd speak to vodafone to retrieve them but then nothing has come of it
                    Lowells may not have replied to your CPR 31.14 Request but they still have got it. This is why we leave filing Defences until the last minute in case new information comes to light. Your Defence deadline is 4 pm Monday 18th April since your 'due date' is a Sunday which means it moves on a day.

On the issue of not cancelling your contract you may like to read this story in the Daily Mail last Saturday. You're not the only person who has fallen foul of Vodafone's avaricious ways http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/bil...-t-let-go.html

They're not good at paying their tax bills in this country either!

Plan B x

Comment

Thanks for all your emails.

We've now established that the debt is not SB (bummer ). We'll have to look for a Plan B for your defence.

What date approximately did you start the contract and how long was the minimum contract period (12/18 or 24 months)?

What was the notification period for cancelling the contract after the minimum period expired (usually 30 days)?

How much was the monthly tariff? What did it include (number of minutes/texts/data)?

Do you have any Vodafone correspondence/bills etc detailing calls made (or unable to make due to lack of signal) to prove that they didn't provide a viable service?

How did you set up this contract in the first place? Was it in a Vodafone store or online etc?

What happened to the handset (assuming there was one) which came with the contract?

Finally, did you port your number to another mobile provider? This could help to establish that Vodafone 'acknowledged' you cancelled your contract even though you may not have proof of that cancellation.

Plan B x

Comment

They said it was a debit card payment though and provided no information and evidence of it? They've literally never once sent me anything to prove I owe money surely this is the same as a Nigerian prince sending me emails that he has money for him in they eyes of the law? Lol this was from 2007 so I literally have nothing from Vodafone, the phone I sent back to them I remember. No I got a new number, they never acknowledged that I finished my contract as to them I didn't but I complained so many times to no help or change that I just stopped paying

Comment

Working...
                        X