GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script RED/Hampton/Lowell - Support Group - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RED/Hampton/Lowell - Support Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RED/Hampton/Lowell - Support Group

Re: Fightinghard's Diary

ype of account: CAPITAL ONE CREDIT CARD
    Date commenced: - June 2002
    Approx. balance: - £2800
    Date of last Full payment: - March 2013
    Current Arrangement: - No payment made since April 2015 (Self-managed DMP before that from May 2013)
    Account owner: - Still with OC. (collection to be handled by Apex w.e.f. 21/7/15) then Credit Solutions (w.e.f. 16/10/15)

16 March 2015 - C.C.A. Request (Section 78) sent to Cap1.
    2 April 2015 - Recon. Documents (Photocopied Part of Application Form with Sigs. and T & C's received from Cap.1)
    22 April 2015 - Documents uploaded via secure thread
    29 April 2015 - Niddy feels that what was supplied appears ENFORCABLE although it does depend on whether or not the PT's and T&C's supplied under CCA request were present at inception.
    18 May 2015- Template Application Form Letter sent to Cap1.
    27 May 2015- Response from Cap1 advising they have complied with Section 78 and they consider the account enforceable.
    3 June 2015- Response uploaded via secure thread
    4 June 2015 - Niddy says it's a standard response and his 29 April view remains unchanged.
    9 June 2015 - Letter (along with statement of account) from Cap1 requesting missing May payment within 7 days or debt may be passed to DCA or a debt purchaser.
    LETTER IGNORED
    Although Niddy feels this is ENFORCEABLE I have decided to try the UE route (being as this is a pre- 2007 agreement) but should this look like proving unsuccessful at the end of the day then will try and negotiate a reasonable F & F settlement.
    3 July 2015 - further letter from Cap1 again requesting missing May payment with same threats as before-IGNORED. (June instalment well overdue now too)
    21 July2015 - letter from Cap 1 advising they have instructed Apex Credit Management to act on their behalf to arrange repayment and that Apex will be in touch with me shortly
    22 July 2015 - phone call from Apex- told caller to deal with me in writing only (so guess letter will follow soon)
    3 August 2015 -
    Introductory letter received from Apex Credit Management.
    10 August 2015 - Letter from Apex advising me they want to help me take some positive steps towards paying my balance and to contact them within 7 days.
    11 August 2015 - Responding with SWID letter (as suggested previously by Mrs.D, NightWatch, and Pixie and to each of whom I give thanks for their guidance) N.B. Letter to be sent on 17 August 2015)
    13 August 2015 - SAR sent
    22 August 2015 - Further letter from Apex stressing need for me to contact them so they can help with the most suitable solution to help me in repaying.
    22 August 2015 - SWID letter sent.(although a week later than originally intended)
    05 Sept. 2015 -
    Letter from Apex (dated 01/09/15 and rather pleading for me to contact them to discuss my situation so they can help with proposals for affordable repayments otherwise they may begin to assess my account with a view to returning it to their client who could chose to pass it on to an alternative company to recover)
    06 Sept 2015 - Letter to Apex instructing them to read and assimilate the contents of my SWID letter
    09 Sept 2015 -Letter from Cap1 stating that they are unable to provide the docs. I requested in my SAR as my signature on letter of Authority I provided does not match their records and therefore asking that I resend my request with a copy of current driving licence and/or passport attached thereto. Letter states also that my £10 is being refunded separately and will need to be re-submitted with new request and only then will the 40 day time limit commence.
    10 Sept 2015 - Template letter
    sent (kindly provided by Niddy & basically telling Cap1 they are out of order and must deal with my SAR request anyway).
    11 Sept 2015 -
    Letter from Apex advising they have noted my SWID letter and have referred the account to their client for consideratiuon and will be in further contact with me when they have a response.
    ( LETTER IGNORED)
    23 Sept 2015 - Another introductory letter received from Apex Credit Management (Apart from its date this letter is exactly identical to that I received from Apex on 3 Aug 2015 and is being IGNORED)
    28 Sept 2015 - Cheque for £10.00 (Refund of S.A.R. fee) received from Cap1.
    29 Sept.2015 - Cheque returned to Cap1 (along with copy of my original S.A.R. request dated 13 August 2015 and a copy of my template letter (kindly provided by Niddy) dated 11 September 2015) with a covering letter pointing out that the 40 day prescribed period has now elapsed and Cap1 are, therefore, in breach of D.P. requirement
    09 Oct. 2015 - Yet another introductory letter received from Apex Credit Management. (Apart from its date this letter is exactly identical to those I received from Apex on 3 Aug 2015 and 23 Sept. 2015 and is again being IGNORED)
    16 Oct. 2015 - Letter from Cap1 again stating that the documents I requested in my recent correspondence have not been supplied as I had not signed my letter.In addition they state they have not received the required fee of £10 as the original payment I made was returned to me by cheque on 7 September. They further state they appreciate that under DPA 1998 I am not required to provide a signature but as they are committed to protecting their customer's personal information they do ask that their customers provide signed letters to satisfy them as to the customer's identity and where this does not match their records they feel it reasonable to request further proof to protect their customers. They then add that I may, therefore send them either a copy of my driving licence or my passport to confirm my identity, alternatively I may contact their Customer Service Department on the telephone number provided at the head of the letter and once my identity has been confirmed they will arrange for my request to be processed. Finally they state that the 40 day time limit to provide an SAR as prescribed by S7(8) of the Act does not commence until they receive the correct documents and appropriate fee.16 Oct. 2015 - letter from Cap 1 advising they have now instructed Credit Solutions to act on their behalf to arrange repayment and that Credit Solutions will be in touch with me shortly but I can contact them first if I want to. (I don't want to !!) (LETTER IGNORED)
    27 Oct. 2015 - 'phoned Cap1- (got Customer Services) and was asked to confirm d.o.b., postcode and last 4 digits of mob. no. following which I was advised that they were satisfied re. my identity and my S.A.R. would now be processed subject to receipt of £10. Pointed out that they held my £10 as their refund cheque was returned to them uncashed on 29 Sept. 2015 but was then advised that Cap1. had subsequently raised yet another refund cheque on 14 October and I would now need to return that to them or alternatively send them another £10 straightaway and just cash their (second )refund cheque when it arrived. I mentioned that it was now best part of 3 months since my original S.A.R. and I would now be taking the matter further. ​(As their original refund cheque arrived on 28 Sept., some 19 days after their 9 Sept.letter, I guess I can expect a similar delay in getting their second refund ( nothing arrived so far) so to expedite things I'm sending them another P.O.)
    28 Oct. 2015 - Letter from Credit Solutions requesting that I contact them so one of their agents can work with me to agree a personalised, affordable and maintainable, repayment plan. (IGNORED)
    6 Nov. 2015 - Letter from Credit Solutions urging me to contact them by 17 November 2015 to sort out an affordable repayment plan otherwise account will be returned to Cap1 for further action which could include a) sharing info. with C.R.A.'s which could impact my ability to obtain further credit and b) Cap1 selling my account to a third party who will then become responsible for pursuing the debt. (IGNORED)
    20 Nov. 2015 - Letter from Credit Solutions stating that following a recent review of my account, their client is prepared to accept 50% in settlement and will not pursue the balance further nor pass the balance on to anyone else for recovery. My account will be updated to show a partial settlement although the unpaid balance will remain as an outstanding sum and their client reserves the right to set off the unpaid balance against any subsequent claim I may bring against them. My credit file will be updated to show the balance as satisfied with a special flag to indicate partial settlement and the status amended to reflect the account has been partially settled. This information will remain on my credit file for six years from the date my default was recorded.
    28 Nov 2015- Letter from Credit Solutions expressing their disappointment that I have not contacted them to discuss an affordable repayment plan and advising me that no further notice will be sent to me and if I still fail to make contact, the account will be referred back to their client (Cap. 1) who may then consider selling the debt and I will then no longer be dealing with Capital One Bank (Europe) as any action pursued by the new owner to recover the debt will become their responsibility. To avoid this action taking place I must, therefore, contact Credit Solutions immediately to discuss repayment/ settlement options.
    3 Dec. 2015- Letter from Cap.1 confirming that they hold my £10 fee but stating that if I wished to proceed with my S.A.R. I must send a copy of my Driving Licence or Passport (or contact their Customer Service Department by telephone) in order that my identity may be verified as my earlier letters did not provide a signature.

7 Dec. 2015 - Sent response letter to Cap.1 expressing my shock and disgust that they were still attempting to use the "signature does not match their records" excuse to delay this request and that they must now check their telephone call records for 27 October 2015 to see that the Duty Manager in Customer Services that day had, as a result of our telephone conversation that day , finally expressed his satisfaction as to my identity and that my S.A.R would, therefore, be processed accordingly.
    15 Jan 2016 - EVENTUALLY- package from Cap.1 with documentation relating to nearly all my account details since its inception in 2002 to date.
    20 Jan 2016 - Letter from CapitalOne advising that my account is no longer being managed by the Debt Collection Agency who were acting on behalf of CapitalOne (Credit Solutions Ltd) and that it is important that I work with CapOne to reduce my debt.- IGNORED

No indication in this letter of any further D.C.A. involvement so a matter of wait and see what comes next I guess. (Anyway that's the second D.C.A.'s seen off so far )

Last edited by fightinghard; 12 February 2016, 14:13. Reason: Further entry on 12 Feb 2016 - Post Updated

Comment

14/08/2015 - Lowells Statement of Account to O.H.

03/09/2015 - O.H. letter from Lowells we want to help you bla bla bla same as was sent on 22/08/2014 . (Capital One A/c)
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

This is the latest letter I've recieved, just thought I'd put it on here for reference for others dealing with the lovely Lowells!

Dear MP

Your account is escalating

We have written to you a number of times but you still haven’t repaid your debt or entered into a repayment plan. Please contact us as soon as you can as we are still committed to helping you repay this debt.

As you have not paid we have obtained information about you and your current financial circumstances from a credit reference agency to help us determine whether we should take legal action against you.

From this information we believe you are working, have other credit products and that using the County Court is a realistic option for us to recover the money you owe.

If any of the above information is incorrect, or you have a reason as to why you think we shouldn’t proceed with legal action you need to call us straight away and let us know why.

Our objective is to work with you to repay this debt. We genuinely want to avoid taking legal action but we need you to contact us. We are happy to agree with you any amount you can afford to pay by instalments.

Please call or visit www etc to set up a repayment plan, the website is available 24/7

Comment

Up date:-

03/09/2015 - O.H. letter from Lowells we want to help you bla bla bla same as was sent on 22/08/2014 . (Capital One A/c)

18/02/2016 - Letter from Lowells, as you have failed to make arrangements to repay your account, it has been sent to Lowells Solicitors, who are one of our approved litigation agents.

They will contact you to arrange payments. bla bla bla

attached is letter Notice of Acting = we are instructed on behalf of Lowell Portfolio1 Ltd, etc etc
          you must contact us to discuss or make payments arrangements, if you have a valid reason for withholding payment, please let us know why so that we can work together to resolve this matter,

You can pay by instalments and you will not be asked to pay more than you can afford.

Contact us on 0113033503336.

24/02/2016 = Letter received Lowells solicitors = LETTER OF CLAIM, we have not heard from you etc etc., you must contact us within 14 days (letter dated

19/02/2016)breakdown states Current balance £4,124.03
          Estimated Interest £ 329.92
          Estimated Court Fee £ 185.00
          Estimated Solicitors cost £ 80.00
          Estimated Total:- £4,7118.95

Failure to respond to the claim MAY result in a court judgment CCJ being entered against you etc etc etc pay us before 04/03/2016 etc etc Ignore this letter WILL result in issue of a claim with cost as above.

26/02/2016 = LBA 2016 ready to go.

26/02/2016 = LBA 2016 sent Recorded Delivery to Lowell Solicitors 1st Class.

27/02/2016 = LBA 2016 Signed for to-day 27/02/2016.
          Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 27 February 2016, 12:25.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Who is the Solicitor TC?

Let's hope the LBA response gets them to back off!

Comment

Lowells.
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Lowells are the solicitors?

Comment

yes - Lowell Solicitors Ltd - there new in house ones.

Comment

Oh ok thanks TC & Niddy.

I wonder how they will behave?

Comment

Likely, as shocking as their DCA arm
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

27/02/2016 = LBA 2016 Signed for to-day = Lowells solicitors.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                          Up date:-

18/02/2016 - Letter from Lowells, as you have failed to make arrangements to repay your account, it has been sent to Lowells Solicitors, who are one of our approved litigation agents.

They will contact you to arrange payments. bla bla bla

attached is letter Notice of Acting = we are instructed on behalf of Lowell Portfolio1 Ltd, etc etc
                          you must contact us to discuss or make payments arrangements, if you have a valid reason for withholding payment, please let us know why so that we can work together to resolve this matter,

You can pay by instalments and you will not be asked to pay more than you can afford.

Contact us on 0113033503336.

24/02/2016 = Letter received Lowells solicitors = LETTER OF CLAIM, we have not heard from you etc etc., you must contact us within 14 days (letter dated

19/02/2016)breakdown states Current balance £4,124.03
                          Estimated Interest £ 329.92
                          Estimated Court Fee £ 185.00
                          Estimated Solicitors cost £ 80.00
                          Estimated Total:- £4,7118.95

Failure to respond to the claim MAY result in a court judgment CCJ being entered against you etc etc etc pay us before 04/03/2016 etc etc Ignore this letter WILL result in issue of a claim with cost as above.

26/02/2016 = LBA 2016 ready to go.

26/02/2016 = LBA 2016 sent Recorded Delivery to Lowell Solicitors 1st Class.

27/02/2016 = LBA 2016 Signed for to-day 27/02/2016.
                          10/03/2016 - Package from Lowell Solicitors received to-day the same contents as previously received in the past, their aim is to reach a mutual resolution in the matter so contact by phone or help@lowellsolicitors.co.uk within 14 days to discuss making affordable payments towards your account.

If no response is received within 14 days, a claim form MAY be issued incurring cost. If you don!t respond to the claim we MAY enter a County Court Judgment against you which would mean further costs and could make it difficult to obtain credit, mortgages or even some employment while it remains unsatisfied on your credit file for maximum 6 years.

10/03/2016 - Niddy re-states Unenforceable =
                          . There's no terms.

await now further advice to respond etc

The T&Cs sent are the later one and one lot 6 pages of nonsense T&Cs. Not present @ inception.
                          Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 11 March 2016, 17:15.

Comment

[QUOTE=The Tech Clerk;556828]

10/03/2016 - Package from Lowell Solicitors received to-day the same contents as previously received in the past, their aim is to reach a mutual resolution in the matter so contact by phone or help@lowellsolicitors.co.uk within 14 days to discuss making affordable payments towards your account.

If no response is received within 14 days, a claim form MAY be issued incurring cost. If you don!t respond to the claim we MAY enter a County Court Judgment against you which would mean further costs and could make it difficult to obtain credit, mortgages or even some employment while it remains unsatisfied on your credit file for maximum 6 years.

. There's no terms.

The T&Cs sent are the later one and one lot 6 pages of nonsense T&Cs. Not present @ inception.

10/03/2016 = checked thru package they sent and the contents are:-

1, Copy of CCA1974 - no prescribed terms (Sent pages of T&Cs also must be a later one page Default charges £12.00 shown)
                            2. Old Statements.

Missing documents as per LBA2016 Requested:-

3. Notice of assignment.
                            4. Deed of Assignment.
                            5. Termination Notice.
                            6. Default Notice.

as per LBA2016. Request 26/02/2016
                            Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 2 April 2016, 04:25.

Comment

[QUOTE=The Tech Clerk;557396]
                              Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post

. There's no terms.

10/03/2016 = checked thru package they sent and the contents are:-

1, Copy of CCA1974 - no prescribed terms (Sent pages of T&Cs also must be a later one page Default charges £12.00 shown)
                              2. Old Statements.

Missing documents as per LBA2016 Requested:-

3. Notice of assignment.
                              4. Deed of Assignment.
                              5. Termination Notice.
                              6. Default Notice.

as per LBA2016. Request 26/02/2016

26/04/2016 - Letter from Lowell solicitors referring to a letter of February 2016 (LBA2016 ) no doubt where they omitted documents. Requested from Client and contact as soon as received.

Comment

14/06/2016 - O.H. Received another package from Lowells Solicitors to-day, containing what has already been sent many times before

i.e. as items:-

3. Notice of assignment.
                                4. Deed of Assignment.
                                5. Termination Notice.
                                6. Default Notice.

Above items missing again,

stating if no response in 14 days they MAY issue a claim form. you may wish to speak to a member of our staff etc etc etc.

Do not see a need to forward the copy CCA1974 to Niddy as it is the same copy Application form as always sent , Niddy may say different?
                                Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 23 June 2016, 10:39.

Comment

Working...
                                X