GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Reliable Collections - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reliable Collections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Reliable Collections

Call centre technology for such a firm would usually allow 30-90 days recording but most firms set it at a month, which is normal. As the recordings are used for training purposes mainly, there are no governing rules regards time to retain the data. This is why if you apply for a card or loan over the phone, they still post you papers as a verbal agreement isn't as watertight.

the phone call discussion is not really relevant tbh, as it's one word against another - of course the creditor will deny any of their staff agreed to this, that's normal. I would formalise a complaint and argue it, see it through properly by contacting the OC and seek remedy then speak to the FOS.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Having read the letter again I received after 2yrs the first line is "When we agreed your payment arrangement" now my argument to that is I sent a letter to them in Feb 2012 agreeing to the plan and as I said I put "As discussed with yourselves please stop all interest and fees on my account to help me during my financial difficulties". If they had not agreed to this why didn't they contact me prior to the first payment being made? They clearly acknowledge I am on a payment plan so the conversation today when I was told they would have put me on a 6 month plan is total utter tosh.

I have spoken to the FO and they have said Reliable Collections is still operating as far as they are aware so why I was told different is strange , yes my issue is not having a letter from them agreeing to this, but why would I agree to £41 if I was being charged £42 in fees and interest??

I am due a call back from a manager tomorrow if I am not satisfied with their response FO are sending me forms and they will take up the case. If they find in their favour is it best I just stop paying them and wait till court action is taken then take my case to court?

Is there a template for a formal complaint even though I sent a 2 page complaint myself?

Comment

A call back is no good..you need a written response. They'll not stick to anything they say on the phone.

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
          A call back is no good..you need a written response. They'll not stick to anything they say on the phone.
          Oh I know I wont be falling for that again, but I just don't think its fair that having paid them back almost £1000 that my balance has only reduced by £150 in 2yrs, they have misled me from day one about this payment plan and if only I had looked into this 2yrs ago :-(. I am not giving up on this one too many customers in financial hardship are being made mugs out of by these companies, yes I agree its not their fault I got into debt but I could have said sod it I will pay you £1 a month but no I didn't. Now they think I will be paying it back over 15yrs in total I don't think so.

Comment

I have just spoken to the manager at Jacamo who confirmed they have ceased dealings with Reliable Collections, but basically kept saying they would never have agreed to freezing the fees or interest and therefore advised me to follow the official complaints procedure by writing to them. Does anyone have a letter template I should use?

Thanks

Comment

Dont think there is a template for your situation. You would have to pull together you complaint and put it in words.

If you are unsure and want some help then get the complaint down in words and post it up here. Am sure posters will help you tweak it to give it the best chance of success.

That would be my advice.

Oh and welcome to the world where you realise the banks just shaft people. They sell the consumer dream but bad news if you fall off the wheel for any life event. Not one of them is trustworthy.

Comment

If you were charged 24 quid every 28 days for apprent attempt to contact you, then i would assume, thats an unfair charge. Firstly wheres the proof that they either tried to contact you, or they inccured reasonble costs in the process?

As Niddy says, you need to outline your points properly, make an official complaint in writing to either Jacamo or Reliable Collections.

Once you have your final responce, you can then speak to the FOS.

If the FOS agree that 24 quid a month was unfair, thats quite a lot of money to reduce their claim, it could wipe the debt.
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                X