GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Vodafone & Zinc - CCA Request - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vodafone & Zinc - CCA Request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vodafone & Zinc - CCA Request

Exactly Vint - just chill Pooky
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I am, I'm not worrying about the debt. I'd just like to know the next move, if you know what I mean.
      I used to be afraid of the post... Now I look forward to it - so I can stick it to the DCA's

Comment

Originally posted by pooky2483 View Post
        I am, I'm not worrying about the debt. I'd just like to know the next move, if you know what I mean.
        Ignorance is a good start
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

...I'll update the thread when I get their Threat-O-Gram, it's gonna be a good one as I know Zinc are right nasty with the threats (toothless kittens)
          I used to be afraid of the post... Now I look forward to it - so I can stick it to the DCA's

Comment

If you want to get out of paying them completely, this is something I am attempting myself based on unfair contract terms... I'm at work but I think it's section 16 of their terms and conditions in relation to mid-contract price increases.

There is currently an ongoing Ofcom investigation into these practices which may or may not allow customers to leave their contract without paying an early termination fee.

As Vodafone increased their prices again in October 2012, so long as the contract you are referring to here was taken out before this date. You can dispute the contract increase and claim it is making a detrimental impact on you personal financial circumstances. It won't, the price rise is a few £'s a year, this is not the issue, as long as you say it is, it is to be treated as such.

Ofcom were just to make a ruling in June, but the investigation is still on going.

My Diary is here: Diasflac UE Diary - allaboutFORUMS

That gives you an idea of where I'm up to with them, I began my dispute with them as soon as the price rise fiasco started with Which? and Ofcom, at the very least, it has a valid argument and allows you to delay any payments.

I can share the letters I sent, but I would recommend they are re-drafted by someone less condescending than myself.

As for the rest of the contract terms, I scoured these with a fine tooth comb to find other ways of getting to them. There is one other unfair term, however you're too late to actually contest the contract based on this (Term in relation to video calling software, I can't specifically remember who the case was against but the ruling was, you can use whatever software you want on hardware you own even if it uses a networks mobile data, unless the software itself is illegal. If you can get them to cut you off because of that you can get out of the early termination charges)

I'm also thinking, if Ofcom don't rule in my favour of going down a human rights violation, since with human rights anyone can win - Basically, forcing me to stay under contract with an unethical company (paying no corporation Tax to the UK government) or face an high termination fee when I couldn't have known they were unethical at point of sale, as it hadn't been publicised yet.

I digressed a little here, sorry - Main point, you can contest the contract based on mid-contract price rise violating Section 16 (if it is section 16). If you took out the contract pre October 2012.
            Last edited by Diasflac; 24 July 2013, 11:28. Reason: Digressing

Comment

Originally posted by Diasflac View Post
              If you want to get out of paying them completely, this is something I am attempting myself based on unfair contract terms... I'm at work but I think it's section 16 of their terms and conditions in relation to mid-contract price increases.

There is currently an ongoing Ofcom investigation into these practices which may or may not allow customers to leave their contract without paying an early termination fee.

As Vodafone increased their prices again in October 2012, so long as the contract you are referring to here was taken out before this date. You can dispute the contract increase and claim it is making a detrimental impact on you personal financial circumstances. It won't, the price rise is a few £'s a year, this is not the issue, as long as you say it is, it is to be treated as such.
              It's actually 3 contracts I think, taken out upto 2009. Would be good if I could get out of it as it's nearly £2K.

Ofcom were just to make a ruling in June, but the investigation is still on going.
              No doubt Vodafone using stalling tacktics.

My Diary is here: [url="http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/showthread.php?t=10111"]Diasflac UE Diary - allaboutFORUMS[/url
              I look forward to reading it.

That gives you an idea of where I'm up to with them, I began my dispute with them as soon as the price rise fiasco started with Which? and Ofcom, at the very least, it has a valid argument and allows you to delay any payments.
              May well give it a try.

I can share the letters I sent, but I would recommend they are re-drafted by someone less condescending than myself.
              Surely you don't mean Niddy l - He is the King of Condescendense lol. However, he has the ability of restraining himself when needed (I think ).

I'm also thinking, if Ofcom don't rule in my favour of going down a human rights violation, since with human rights anyone can win - Basically, forcing me to stay under contract with an unethical company (paying no corporation Tax to the UK government) or face an high termination fee when I couldn't have known they were unethical at point of sale, as it hadn't been publicised yet.
              Very good point, goes against ethics and beliefs.

I digressed a little here, sorry - Main point, you can contest the contract based on mid-contract price rise violating Section 16 (if it is section 16). If you took out the contract pre October 2012.
              Don't be, sometimes it can reveal more somewhat helpful advice.
              Last edited by pooky2483; 24 July 2013, 12:46.

Comment

Working...
              X