GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Agreement To Pay damage? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Agreement To Pay damage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Agreement To Pay damage?

Ok you only have 3 searches, the other searches do not count. The top of the 3, Barclays, will be gone over the weekend update as it's now 12+ months old so you technically have 2 searches.

Ok, if you can sit tight till Monday, I will sort you a letter to send to Barclays, which should be enough to get the AP's removed.

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Wow, that's excellent! Thanks loads! I will hastily await your response (and of course keep this thread updated for any future searchers).

Comment

Can you please email me an advanced synopsis of the first post post with dates etc as I need to do letter as though its from you so more facts are necessary.

Then ill post the reply for you here and you add personal details and email.

See what happens then. Basically I need more info surrounding the agreement. Was it done on phone? Did you sign anything? We're you in arrears/debt etc?

Cheers.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Sorry for the wait; had been clearing out the garage. Emailed.

Comment

Originally posted by sulphur2001 View Post
            Sorry for the wait; had been clearing out the garage. Emailed.
            Thanks mate.... replied.

Comment

Just to ask this (slightly related) question. I currently have a balance of £1200 in my current account and £1900 owing on my Barclaycard.

If I paid and closed my Barclaycard, it would leave me £700 overdrawn on my current account.

Is that a good thing to do? My schooling is that being in my current account's overdraft is a big no no. Is that correct?

It'd be 2-3 months before I can pay off my Barclaycard totally if I wait.

Comment

Ok, send the following letter off below, to the CEO - direct email here --> antony.jenkins@barclays.com

Keep me updated with any response to this email, ie don't jump in replying without running it past me first.

Good luck

Dear Mr Jenkins,

Account No/Reference No: XXXXXXXX

I write with reference to the above numbered account, and wish to formally complain about the actions of Barclays in relation to some entries placed on my credit file, which are not only inaccurate but also libellous in nature. The reason I have emailed you is because clearly, speaking to Barclays front-line staff escalates a simple request into an error, so in the hope of resolving this amicably, I am emailing you directly.

I currently hold a Barclays current account and credit card, and as you'll see from my account history, run both accounts perfectly well. However, around the back of 2011 I received a call from Barclays clarifying the fact that I was approximately £400 into my reserve and 'to help me out', would I like to pay it over 5 months at a set rate. Now, going back, as you can see from my previous account conduct, I never missed payments and credited the account monthly and had never had any issues or financial worries that would force me to go into a formal repayment plan. Let's also not forget that the service was always live, and remains so today.

So, you can imagine my horror then when I recently applied for a line of credit to get declined, albeit my credit file is fine (or so I thought). I therefore decided to query the decline and applied for a copy of my Equifax credit report that shows the following entry:

Click image for larger version

Name:	reportcapture.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	1393620

As you can clearly see, the account is filled with green payment on times, with a break showing 5 AP markers which were as a result of YOUR staff's intervention. Had your own staff not called me at the back of 2011 then these entries would show as green markers, not AP markers which is perversely having a derogatory effect on my ability to obtain credit all through no fault of my own.

I was paying money into the reserve account and my bank account, as per the credit report entries shown. It was YOUR staff that called me and asked if I would like to pay over 5 months, it was not my idea. At no point throughout this discussion did they mention that you'd add derogatory markers against my name. As such I am shocked and saddened that you have done this, all off your own back without merit and substance.

This activity is a direct breach of ICO Guidelines on Issuance of Default Notices along with OFT Guidelines on Treating Customers fairly. All I ask is that you revert these erroneous and quite libellous entries back to the green 'Payment on Time' status which is an accurate reflection of account conduct. At no point was I in need of any assistance nor was I notified about any adverse effect acceptance of your advisers offer would have on my credit file.

I really don't want to have to go to the regulatory bodies but will do so if this matter is not resolved within the next 14 days.

Yours sincerely,

Type name here

Comment

Just to ask this (slightly related) question. I currently have a balance of £1200 in my current account and £1900 owing on my Barclaycard.

If I paid and closed my Barclaycard, it would leave me £700 overdrawn on my current account.

Is that a good thing to do? My schooling is that being in my current account's overdraft is a big no no. Is that correct?

It'd be 2-3 months before I can pay off my Barclaycard totally if I wait.
                  Nah, sit tight for now.... lets see what the email above does, we can then ask for some compo if they resolve it

Just be patient, lets sort the credit file issue first.

Comment

Excellent. Email is sent, will update you with whatever replies I get

Cheers!

Comment

Another question. I can't seem to find the right answer.

Worst case scenario, will these AP markers just disappear in six years anyway? Or will they still be there if I still have the account? As in, will someone look in 10 years and they'll still be there?

I have very little faith in Barclays these days.

Comment

They go after 6 years so will be vanished in their entirety by July 2018.

That said, after 3 years no lender will pay attention to them so you only have a year or so left if they don't remove them, but right now I will help you fight for removal, because they should not be there - period

Comment

Just a minor update. Barclays attempted to get in contact by phone and then responded to my email requesting a suitable appointment. I put them off, requesting they write to me instead.

Comment

Well done. Writing only

Comment

Niddy, you're fantastic! First response from Barclays and they have agreed to remove them!

Very much appreciated!

Comment

Niddy, you're fantastic! First response from Barclays and they have agreed to remove them!

Very much appreciated!
                                That's excellent news, well done!
                                When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                                X