GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Direct legal & collections - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Direct legal & collections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Direct legal & collections

My biggest concerns are that by the end of this year all defaults will be gone from my credit file and finally ill get my life back, I appreciate ill still be paying these but id rather have my credit worthiness back than rock the boat and potentially screw myself over again with CCJ's etc

Perhaps im being a little niave and have a poor understanding of how this all works!! The offers id be making would be on par with your recommendations

Comment

if you are paying in an arrangement, your CRA reports will still be showing AP, even after the defaults have fallen off..................

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
        if you are paying in an arrangement, your CRA reports will still be showing AP, even after the defaults have fallen off..................
        This was a concern of mine but I had Niddy look at one particular account on my credit file and he ok'd it saying it fine, as for the 3 in question they have all been defaulted and will naturally drop off my credit file by June 2013. So as far as I know they will be gone and not seen by any potential creditors.

Comment

Originally posted by ey_137 View Post
          When you say you've had quite a bit of dealing with DLC did you ever go through F&F settlement with them? I just wondered if you or anyone had an idea of what they'd likely accept are we looking at 50%+

Personally id rather just given token payments for the next 10 years as I cant be defaulted again only concern would be a CCJ
          Ok, they were in default of a CCA request for 11 months, they continued with their threats and communication the whole time,

What they sent was UE, but they were adimant that they had complied with the request, they were about to litigate, make no bones about the fact that the threat of litigation was real.

My mother did not want to have to stand up on court, so she backed down and agreed an arrangement to pay £30 a month on a 10k debt.

The agreement we have, is a tacit agreement, they agreed £30 per month on the basis that no further action would be taken, provided payment is made each month.

Howeever the letter they sent is for 12 payments subject to review, so will see what will happen after that.

But they made it quite clear from the start, they do love to CCJ and charging order to secure the debt, then they will accept whatever you offer them, but the debt is then secured, which id avoid, as they could (althought unlikely) try to force sale property.
          Last edited by SXGuy; 9 February 2013, 22:08.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Mmmmm!! Interesting.. not possibly the response I hoped for, I suppose the only thing in my favour would be the balance of the debt is half that of yours.

Perhaps F&F settlement maybe a better plan, something to mull over I believe.

Thanks for the information though.

Comment

I'm one of their victims, they have 2 Charging Orders on me.

Comment

They wont litigate whilst in default of your CCA request whatever they may say, So get a CCA Request sent off ASAP, see what they come back with, we will advise you from there.

But do not offer them a F & F until they send you something, depending on what they send, how long they take, means you might be able to pull a sneaky very low offer which they would likely accept.

If you did offer a F & F though, use Niddys templates, as they protect you from the balance being sold on, and i wouldnt put it past DLC to sell on a balance after accepting a F & F
                Last edited by SXGuy; 10 February 2013, 07:55.
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Many thanks for the replies, I'll get the CCA requests out and definitely use the templates and hope for the best.

Comment

Don't hope for the best EY

Get the CCAs off, IF they send anything back, come back to us and we will take it from there, we can help to get the best outcome but you need to take it a step at a time.

Comment

Working...
                    X