GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script dmp for my son - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

dmp for my son

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: dmp for my son

Originally posted by oscar View Post
    Only the finance company can take the car back - no one else. As long as he keeps up the repayments with them, it is safe.

If a creditor kicks up a stink about the finance company being a "preferential creditor" then do as yopu have done above - point out that the car is required ofr work, the alternative is they (the other creditors) can have 1,2,5,10% (whichever) of £0 when he is unemployed due to lack of transport.

thank you good news, he only has the credit card and the bank account overdraft when he opens a new one so not a lot of debt ,but its too much right now as his wages are a lot lower . He will be really relieved by this so thanks

Comment

Hi hun,
      He will get a flurry of activity at first, he needs to grit his teeth and ignore this if possible until they default the account so that the charges will stop.
      It's hard work negotiating cessation of interest and token payments until this happens, unless there are major extenuating circumstances such as serious illness or sudden loss of income.

Well done on stopping the DD, he is now in control, not them

As Oscar says, the car isn't an issue.

Are they ringing him on your home phone or his mobile?
      If he can access his account online he could change the number to the one Niddy provides for free to give to creditors..it just records their nasty messages then deletes them: Free Number to Issue Creditors - allaboutFORUMS
      Failing that, if it's his mobile there are blocking apps you can get...

If I was him I'd just sit tight until default/termination then we can write to them with a token offer
      Last edited by Undercover Elsa; 14 February 2013, 08:18. Reason: link added

Comment

By the way, if I miss any of your updates don't hesitate to pm me...I'm never usually far away between 6am and 6pm

Comment

Originally posted by Undercover Elsa View Post
          By the way, if I miss any of your updates don't hesitate to pm me...I'm never usually far away between 6am and 6pm
          Thank you so much, i have told him to save any letters they send and i have made a file for them , also it is his mobile phone they keep phoning and the landline but i ignore that anyway and today it will be unplugged as i have my grandson here all day and when he sleeps i don't want the phone waking him especially from dca

He will be really chuffed about the car and i know he is already feeling easier now he isn't having to pay the credit card , so i will tell him to wait and then go from there .
          Thanks again for the help it really very much appreciated

Comment

Just an update .

My son received a letter from Barclaycard today , saying £12 late fee has been added and that can he contact the bank as there must be a problem .

His balance is only £1,102 , but they were insisiting on £60 direct debit a month .

What is the next move on this please ?

thanks

Comment

He will get snotty letters and some late payment fees, but if it was me I'd ignore and sit tight till they default and terminate the account..might take a couple of months but Halifax are usually quite quick to default.
              As soon as that's done then we can write offering a low payment xx
              Last edited by Undercover Elsa; 16 February 2013, 06:57.

Comment

He will get snotty letters and some late payment fees, but if it was me I'd ignore and sit tight till they default and terminate the account..might take a couple of months but Halifax are usually quite quick to default.
                As soon as that's done then we can write offering a low payment xx

Hi, the credit card is Brclaycard and isn't connected to his Halifax account.

He still has his Halifax account as he is finding it difficult to get another account opened, the good news is that he is out of the overdraft and isn't being charged at all as if he stays under £300 i think it's free, so with his wages going in and no big credit card payment to make each month the overdraft is fine .

Thank you i will update this thread when he hears anything else .

Comment

18/02/2013 from Barclaycard

This notice is given under the consumer credit act 1974 and relates to default sums charged under the terms of your agreement.

This notice does not take account of default sums which we have already told you about in another default sum notice, whether or not those sums remain unpaid.

TOTAL DEFAULT SUMS CHARGED THIS MONTH £24.00

it goes about late payments received after the payment due date.
                  Returned payment means payment returned unpaid over credit limit means you have exceeded your credit limit.

interest charges explained blah blah blah

Comment

My son is receiving loads of calls a day from Barclaycard and at least one letter demanding payment a wee,
                    Is it time for an offer of reduced payment ?

Comment

Hi hun,
                      Thanks for your pm. He's nearly there but just needs to keep his head down and hang on until he gets the formal default notice followed by termination of the account. Only then will they stop interest.
                      It should be soon now...just remind me, when did he last make a payment?

Elsa x

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
                        My son is receiving loads of calls a day from Barclaycard and at least one letter demanding payment a wee,
                        My word, if he is incontinent, he will be receiving a lot of letters.

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
                        Is it time for an offer of reduced payment ?
                        I would say it is time to begin keeping evidence of their harassment, which can be used in formal complaints, and which can even influence the outcome of court cases (Harrison vs. Link).

I can only speak for myself, but I wouldn't be paying them another penny until they start behaving like human beings. That was how I handled Crapital One back in 2006. They never got another penny out of me, but they did get a bill for £450 mediation fee from the Fobbing Off Service.

SH

Comment

Hi hun,
                          Thanks for your pm. He's nearly there but just needs to keep his head down and hang on until he gets the formal default notice followed by termination of the account. Only then will they stop interest.
                          It should be soon now...just remind me, when did he last make a payment?

Elsa x
                          hi , his last payment was December i think but i will check with him and make sure.

He has received a letter from Barclaycard telling him that they have passed his account to Mercers Debt Collections Limited which is a separate company within the Barclays group and collects debts on behalf of Barclaycard.

At the end of the letter it says , if you are struggling to pay us what you owe, please call us right away , we may be able to help you .

Comment

Hi hun,
                            Are you sure they haven't defaulted him yet? Is any interest being added on his statements?
                            If they haven't yet they will be on the verge of doing it or they wouldn't be passing it to Mercers.

Comment

hi on the 12/02/13 he received this .

This notice is given under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and relates to default sums charged under the terms of your agreement.

This notice does not take account of default sums which we have already told you about in another default sum notice, whether or not those sums remain unpaid.

Then it says this .

We are not entitled to charge you interest on the default sums for the first 28 days after we have given you this notice. However if the sums are not paid in full by that date interest will be charged at the rate of 1.873%. Since this interest is a variable rate, the rate which we will apply to the default sum once the 28 days have passed may be different .
                              Last edited by Spent2much; 26 March 2013, 09:40.

Comment

Ahh ok..that's not a formal default notice, just a notice of default sums. I know it's hard putting up with the hassle but worth it to get it terminated ASAP and charges/interest stopped. Won't be long

Comment

Working...
                                X