GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CREDIT CARD FRAUD - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CREDIT CARD FRAUD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

01/08/2022 - 10.00hrs - We're nearly finished processing your request and don't require anything further from you so there's no need to contact us as we won't be able to provide any further update. You'll receive our response in a few days so keep a look out in your emails.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

03/08/2022 Cifas report (DSAR) dated email to-day = Only old entry J.D Williams which is not on CRA now as overtime i.e. well over 13 months has passed. So latest fraud attempt on marbles/lloyds not entered as yet will look out. as far as lloyds and opening organisation accounts no adverse entries on CRA file? so cannot ascertain reasons unless other signatories problem, but 3 of the four already have signatures with them>
      Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 4 August 2022, 06:45.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

08/08/2022 = Fruad email, again - same french email address this time UPS parcels sorry you out etc etc the same person did DPD 15 th July 2022, action fraud reported no doubt same hard luck reply?

Reply:-

RE: NFRC

Dear

I am sorry to hear you have been a victim of crime. Thank you for taking the time to report to Action Fraud. Your report has been sent to the National Fraud Intelligence Bureau (NFIB) for review.

Experts at the NFIB will examine the information you provide. Where possible, the information is also matched against other available data in order to enrich and corroborate the details of the fraud. An assessment will be made as to whether there are viable lines of enquiry that would enable a law enforcement body, such as the police service, to investigate. The NFIB aim to provide you with an update on your report within 28 days.

Please be assured that by contacting us you are giving the police vital information they need to protect you and others. The information you have provided may be used to disrupt criminal activity and inform prevention advice and campaigns.

You should keep safe any evidence which you feel may be important. We continuously assess the content of individual and linked crime reports, if you set up an online account, you can use this to add additional information.

If you have any queries regarding this letter please visit www.actionfraud.police.uk/FAQ. If you would like more information on how to protect yourself from fraud and cyber crime, please see the guidance at www.actionfraud.police.uk/support_for_you.
        Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 8 August 2022, 13:20.

Comment

17/08/2022 = Another UPS Fraud email:- same reaction afterr all details to no action fraud
          RE: NFRC

Dear

You recently made a report which we recorded under NFRC.

Home Office Counting Rules set out the circumstances under which we can record a crime and on this occasion the matter you reported to us cannot be classified as a police recorded crime.

Home Office Counting Rules for Fraud and Cyber Dependent Crime can be found online at https://www.gov.uk/government/public...recorded-crime.

What happens next?

Whilst we may not have recorded this matter as a crime, we will still use the information you have provided. Information reports are utilised to enrich the overall intelligence picture which assists with the formulation and refinement of prevention strategies.

If you have any queries regarding this letter please visit www.actionfraud.police.uk/FAQ. If you would like more information on how to protect yourself from fraud and cyber crime, please see the guidance at www.actionfraud.police.uk/support_for_you. You can also register on our partner website www.actionfraudalert.co.uk to receive email alerts about new and emerging crime types.

Thank you again for taking the time to report this matter to us.

We value your feedback, please visit this link

Yours sincerely,

Head of Action Fraud
          Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 17 August 2022, 15:06.

Comment

23/08/2022 = Victim support rang and asked me if I needed any help, they also sent another SMS giving details should I need them.

Comment

24/08/2022 = Marbles letter finally arrived - we have not upheld your complaint and feel 30 days to report back findings and issue card etc adequate. Note:- 30 days more like 35+ days,.

so league table is as follows:-

Lloyds bank replace card == 5 days.
              Marbles replace card ==22+ days.
              Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 24 August 2022, 14:59.

Comment

Working...
              X