GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CREDIT CARD FRAUD - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CREDIT CARD FRAUD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

21/07/2022 - 0600hrs = got a suspicion here lloyds are behind this? an organisation I was Grand chairman (Philantrophy) had officers in sub lodge leave who had access to that lodges accounts., problem those taking over getting a bank to change signaturies, so I was asked if I could get Lloyds bank accounts open for them using new signaturies, meantime they would continue to get cheque books etc old bank account and eventually transfer to a new possible lloyds account, Lloyds maybe suspect fraud as I am insitigator of moves in lieu of absent officers. well when I stated yesterday I am the outgoing Grand Chairman of such an organisation then Lloyds lady could not get away fast and basically cut off telephone at that point when I was asking a question? very confusing. ? might be right/wrong will obviously get better idea later today in this call from DWP.

If it turns out to be true then a complaint (not fobbed off we report adverse applications) due to a member in head office there knew what it was all about and different department cause this action with no real knowledge to facts? we shall see.
    Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 31 July 2022, 11:17.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

21/07/2022 = statement shows £74.55 re-credited to account, different figure to original.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

21/07/2022 = Received the call from DWP and stated it is a review of Pension Credit as no review since 2015? been updated a few times I stated and gave some dates??? if relevant update? , also I do not get Pension credit only the savings element of £xx.xx? Oh! she stated, then stated will up date bank account/savings etc, so I gave her the figures, (wonder if she cried at the amounts) oppss , then asked my my Pensions etc I gave her figures and pointed out they never increase only government pension does, she asked about the wife pension?

I stated the small amount ex company one , she then informed cannot see any reference to her pension?? i stated they had been told as Citizens advice filled forms out somehwhere? no she said but I stated could x reference so I gave her the number) for carers allowance ?? then she stated her system down to check, I stated not a lloyds one as they are always down if talking to them! opps . few more questions then she stated I will probably ring you to-morrow or later to inform what she finds? looks like possible problem on records of wifes small pension, P60 gets every year. started 2017 getting it.

I gave her wifes NI number she stated not needed I stated x reference probably get refernces to it, she then recorded it.
        Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 22 July 2022, 14:45.

Comment

You may get a phone call from a Department for Work and Pensions ( DWP ) officer to check that your benefit payment is correct. The reason is to collect national statistics on the benefits system

Comment

23/07/2022 13.17hrs = Well new card arrived Wednesday from lloyds. account credited with £70+ so will check it stays as return.

Marbles no new card yet and no sign of the said letter they said would be coming this week???(Newday system never been any good on that front correspondence).

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
              You may get a phone call from a Department for Work and Pensions ( DWP ) officer to check that your benefit payment is correct. The reason is to collect national statistics on the benefits system
              Well call came to me and it was checking Pension Credit update (not since 2015 she stated)., I pointed out No Pension main line Credit only getSavings element of £xx.xx.

She then asked for Bank account and savings balances (Think she cried when I stated true amounts) oppss., then onto pension income were they fixed from start YES I stated never increase. also do I get Attendance Allowance. Yes I do due to my problems., , she then asked about the wife :- I stated carers allowance since when no main line pension credit,! she asked if wife had pension I stated small old company one, she then stated they have no record of it I stated Citizens advice had this noted on attendance claim, but it would seem P60 every year in Inland Revenue not passed on??? have any saving over £6000? No i pointed out not even with Premium bonds. so only thing I pointed out they use to send up to 2019 a list of pension and amounts for the year then COVID., she then stated well no further questions but might ring to-morrow or bit later as their computer system playing up,
              no call so far.
              I did ask if they shared with lloyds as lloyds is always down when I ring them opppsss no humour. so await letter or call?

what I found out later was wife's pension started 2017/8, and when carers allowance given the Pension credit stopped except savings element.

Comment

30/07/2022 - this morning when I was out phone went ., a voice stated this is bank payments fraud card protection???? did I make 2 payments one £4??? and one £1,395 used for abroad?; press 1 if did or 2 if not and speak to person ( sounds familiar?) the phone went dead as I did nothing., tried the number and dead line
                No was:-+44 7760 549989. @9.50 hrs to-day.).

same figures as a week ago? cannot find any accounts with flagged transactions, so no doubt fraud calls, even a freind told me yesterday he had £5000+ out of his personal account. being investigated (not sure of the circumstances).
                Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 31 July 2022, 08:46.

Comment

Now Barclays will not add me as signatury to an account,

30/07/2022 = I have now asked Cifas for DSAR.
                  Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 31 July 2022, 09:29.

Comment

30/07/2022 - 20.05hrs - reported to crimestoppers for records. (local area).
                    Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 31 July 2022, 09:29.

Comment

30/07/2022 - 20.05hrs - reported to crimestoppers for records. (own area office)

30/07/2022 - 29.35hrs - reported to crime stoppers. UK Office).

30/072022 - 20.46hrs = You recently made a report which we recorded under NFRCxxxxxxxxxxx.

Home Office Counting Rules set out the circumstances under which we can record a crime and on this occasion the matter you reported to us cannot be classified as a police recorded crime.

Home Office Counting Rules for Fraud and Cyber Dependent Crime can be found online at https://www.gov.uk/government/public...recorded-crime.

What happens next?

Whilst we may not have recorded this matter as a crime, we will still use the information you have provided. Information reports are utilised to enrich the overall intelligence picture which assists with the formulation and refinement of prevention strategies.

If you have any queries regarding this letter please visit www.actionfraud.police.uk/FAQ. If you would like more information on how to protect yourself from fraud and cyber crime, please see the guidance at www.actionfraud.police.uk/support_for_you. You can also regist
                      Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 31 July 2022, 09:30.

Comment

Disgraceful.

Say the bank has hurt your feelings, and the police will be on it.

Comment

Thank you for your recent email and for taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention.

30/07/2022 - Automatic reply: ***EXTERNAL.

Marbles resolver response (Bog Standard) An experienced complaint handler will be responsible for undertaking an independent review of your complaint in the hope that we can reach an acceptable outcome. This will be either by telephone or letter as we are unable to discuss your account via email, for security reasons.

If you prefer, you can telephone our dedicated complaints number, 0371 522 5167 between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday and we can immediately return your call to save costs.

Once our review is complete we will provide you with the details of our investigation and the outcome.

Until our investigation is complete, we do not know what the outcome will be. We do hope, however, that we will be able to find a solution that you are happy with.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post
                            Disgraceful.

Say the bank has hurt your feelings, and the police will be on it.
                            More like the truth there lol.

Comment

31/07/2022 - Even my bank seems to challenge nearly all transactions even some very small £5.00 ones i.e. use the app to verify, (Nationwide).,???
                              Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 24 August 2022, 07:46.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                                30/07/2022 - 20.05hrs - reported to crimestoppers for records. (own area office)

30/07/2022 - 29.35hrs - reported to crime stoppers. UK Office).

30/072022 - 20.46hrs = You recently made a report which we recorded under NFRCxxxxxxxxxxx.

Home Office Counting Rules set out the circumstances under which we can record a crime and on this occasion the matter you reported to us cannot be classified as a police recorded crime.

Home Office Counting Rules for Fraud and Cyber Dependent Crime can be found online at https://www.gov.uk/government/public...recorded-crime.

What happens next?

Whilst we may not have recorded this matter as a crime, we will still use the information you have provided. Information reports are utilised to enrich the overall intelligence picture which assists with the formulation and refinement of prevention strategies.

If you have any queries regarding this letter please visit www.actionfraud.police.uk/FAQ. If you would like more information on how to protect yourself from fraud and cyber crime, please see the guidance at www.actionfraud.police.uk/support_for_you. You can also regist

Home Office as much use as a limp rag in the wind:-

Comment

Working...
                                X