GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Help with Hoist Finance and Pre-Legal Assessment letter - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with Hoist Finance and Pre-Legal Assessment letter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leaflet101 View Post
    Sent today via 1st Class Recorded, with PO for £1. Thanks for the advice and I will update when I hear back.
    Great! They may well come back and say it doesn't apply to OverDrafts! BUT as of NOW this DEBT will be UE until your S.78 request is fulfilled!
    Well done for fleshing out your Diary!! Welcome to AAD

Comment

Just a quick update to this...

I have received an acknowledgement letter of my request for documents under the CCA, however the £1.00 fee is no longer required so that has been returned to me. My account will remain on hold whilst they request the required documents, and that's pretty much all it says. I have updated my diary post earlier in this thread to reflect this.

Many thanks for your continued advice!

Comment

Originally posted by leaflet101 View Post
        Just a quick update to this...

I have received an acknowledgement letter of my request for documents under the CCA, however the £1.00 fee is no longer required so that has been returned to me. My account will remain on hold whilst they request the required documents, and that's pretty much all it says. I have updated my diary post earlier in this thread to reflect this.

Many thanks for your continued advice!
        Keep the letter Safe and especially their acknowledgement of the £1 the Consumer Credit Act mentions the £1 and makes the S.78 request mandatory.
        The Account is UE until your S.78 is satisfied!
        With AAD the ploy after sending S.78 is SILENCE. Don't talk to them; write to them; SMS them, email them ignore their letters etc..

Comment

"Type of account - HALIFAX current account
          Date commenced - Account opened in Nov 2009
          Approx balance - £5000 (around £4500 was authorised overdraft, the rest was unauthorised and was the spiralling that caused the situation at the time)
          Date last paid - default recorded December 2017, no payments made since default
          Are you on arrangement or not paying - not paying
          Account owner - Hoist Finance UK Holdings 3 Limited

History
          -------

10/08/2017 - Halifax: from Collections Centre stating that if I pay £130 the account will be up to date (amount is approx.)
          04/09/2017 - Halifax: from Collections Centre stating that a payment of £460 is due on the account (amount is approx.)
          07/09/2017 - Halifax: from Collections Centre stating that I haven't been in touch and asking to make contact, with note stating they have "stopped adding overdraft charges" as a concession to help me
          13/09/2017 - Halifax: from Collections Centre, "formal demand" to pay off overdraft balance on current account
          31/10/2017 - Halifax: warning that account will be closed in 30 days and transferred to recovery team
          01/11/2017 - Halifax: warning that account will be closed in 30 days and transferred to recovery team (same as above - not sure why same letter was sent again the next day)
          23/12/2017 - Halifax: we've instructed Wescot Credit Services Limited to arrange collection
          30/12/2017 - Wescot Credit Services Limited: set up a payment plan
          09/01/2018 - Wescot Credit Services Limited: "we know where you live", will continue to undertake activity
          19/01/2018 - Wescot Credit Services Limited: discount offered (no amount specified)
          28/04/2018 - Halifax: we've instructed Moorcroft Group to arrange collection
          02/05/2018 - Moorcroft Debt Recovery Limited: asking to make contact
          14/05/2018 - Moorcroft Debt Recovery Limited: warning of possible further action and asking to make contact
          28/05/2018 - Moorcroft Debt Recovery Limited: monthly instalment offer (no amount specified)
          11/06/2018 - Moorcroft Debt Recovery Limited: failed to make any payment, will return account to client
          25/06/2018 - Moorcroft Debt Recovery Limited: failed to make any payment, will pass to our "Home Collections Division"
          20/08/2018 - Moorcroft Debt Recovery Limited: discount offered (no amount specified)
          03/09/2018 - Halifax: we've instructed Credit Security Limited to arrange collection
          03/09/2018 - Credit Security Limited: notice of instruction, asking to make contact
          11/09/2018 - Credit Security Limited: notice of further action, asking to make contact, set up a payment plan
          21/09/2018 - Credit Security Limited: discount offered (no amount specified)
          02/11/2018 - Halifax: statement of account
          03/12/2018 - Credit Security Limited: final notice, will return account to client
          07/03/2019 - Halifax: we've instructed Robinson Way to arrange collection
          07/03/2019 - Robinson Way: asking to make contact
          21/03/2019 - Robinson Way: set up a payment plan
          06/04/2019 - Robinson Way: settlement available (no amount specified)
          01/10/2019 - Halifax: statement of account
          03/01/2020 - Halifax: notification that Bank of Scotland plc has assigned all rights, title and interest to Hoist Finance UK Holdings 3 Limited (HFUKH3L), stating "effective 28/11/2019"
          03/01/2020 - Hoist Finance UK Holdings 3 Limited: same info as letter above from Halifax
          03/01/2020 - Robinson Way: welcome letter confirming offer of 15% discount, stating they are "managing the account" for Hoist Finance UK Holdings 3 Limited
          01/04/2020 - Robinson Way: discount offered (no amount specified, receive an "instant decision")
          14/07/2020 - Robinson Way: asking to make contact
          30/03/2021 - Hoist Finance UK: set up a payment plan
          10/06/2021 - Hoist Finance UK: discount offered (approx 19% discounted)
          21/07/2021 - Hoist Finance UK: warning that the debt is being reported on credit file, set up a payment plan
          08/10/2021 - Hoist Finance UK: set up a payment plan
          16/12/2021 - Hoist Finance UK: set up a payment plan
          15/02/2022 - Hoist Finance UK: discount offered (20% discounted)
          17/06/2022 - Hoist Finance UK: pre legal assessment, after 10 days your account may be transferred to Howard Cohen & Co. Solicitors without further notice, action may be started, could result in legal fees and costs being added
          25/06/2022 - CAA request sent to Hoist Finance UK Holdings 3 Limited, along with £1 PO.
          01/07/2022 - Reply from Hoist Finance UK (dated 29 June 2022) returning £1 PO as it's "no longer required" and confirming my CCA request. Account is on hold whilst they request the required documents."

Hi

Thanks for the update. It would be most helpful if, when updating with latest developments, you would copy the history forward as I have done. It saves time as the thread grows, as I had to scroll the thread to find the full history at post #10.

Comment

Roger Oh I will keep it very, very safe and I will not utter a word to them via any means. You guys will be the first to know about anything that I receive!

Comment

Still Waving Thanks for keeping me right, I wasn't sure if I should be copying such a long history into a new reply every time there is an update but that does make sense and I have noted it for the future - thanks again

Comment

I have received another letter from Hoist Finance, dated 1st July 2022, and it reads:

Your query

Thank you for getting in touch with us

We are currently looking into your enquiry and will contact you as soon as we are able to provide you with a response.

Please note that we may have to ask the original lender for information to help us respond fully to your enquiry which may extend the time it takes to respond to you.

We will contact you with our response within 90 days from the date of this letter. Should you wish to speak to us during this time please do not hesitate to contact us on xxx.

Thanks

The Hoise Finance Team
                Any thoughts on this?

Type of account - HALIFAX current account
                Approx balance - £5000 (around £4500 was authorised overdraft, the rest was unauthorised and was the spiralling that caused the situation at the time)

History
                -------

10/08/2017 - Halifax: from Collections Centre stating that if I pay £130 the account will be up to date (amount is approx.)
                04/09/2017 - Halifax: from Collections Centre stating that a payment of £460 is due on the account (amount is approx.)
                07/09/2017 - Halifax: from Collections Centre stating that I haven't been in touch and asking to make contact, with note stating they have "stopped adding overdraft charges" as a concession to help me
                13/09/2017 - Halifax: from Collections Centre, "formal demand" to pay off overdraft balance on current account
                31/10/2017 - Halifax: warning that account will be closed in 30 days and transferred to recovery team
                01/11/2017 - Halifax: warning that account will be closed in 30 days and transferred to recovery team (same as above - not sure why same letter was sent again the next day)
                23/12/2017 - Halifax: we've instructed Wescot Credit Services Limited to arrange collection
                09/01/2018 - Wescot Credit Services Limited: "we know where you live", will continue to undertake activity
                19/01/2018 - Wescot Credit Services Limited: discount offered (no amount specified)
                14/05/2018 - Moorcroft Debt Recovery Limited: warning of possible further action and asking to make contact
                28/05/2018 - Moorcroft Debt Recovery Limited: monthly instalment offer (no amount specified)
                11/06/2018 - Moorcroft Debt Recovery Limited: failed to make any payment, will return account to client
                25/06/2018 - Moorcroft Debt Recovery Limited: failed to make any payment, will pass to our "Home Collections Division"
                20/08/2018 - Moorcroft Debt Recovery Limited: discount offered (no amount specified)
                03/09/2018 - Halifax: we've instructed Credit Security Limited to arrange collection
                03/09/2018 - Credit Security Limited: notice of instruction, asking to make contact
                11/09/2018 - Credit Security Limited: notice of further action, asking to make contact, set up a payment plan
                03/12/2018 - Credit Security Limited: final notice, will return account to client
                03/01/2020 - Halifax: notification that Bank of Scotland plc has assigned all rights, title and interest to Hoist Finance UK Holdings 3 Limited (HFUKH3L), stating "effective 28/11/2019"
                03/01/2020 - Hoist Finance UK Holdings 3 Limited: same info as letter above from Halifax
                03/01/2020 - Robinson Way: welcome letter confirming offer of 15% discount, stating they are "managing the account" for Hoist Finance UK Holdings 3 Limited
                01/04/2020 - Robinson Way: discount offered (no amount specified, receive an "instant decision")
                21/07/2021 - Hoist Finance UK: warning that the debt is being reported on credit file, set up a payment plan
                17/06/2022 - Hoist Finance UK: pre legal assessment, after 10 days your account may be transferred to Howard Cohen & Co. Solicitors without further notice, action may be started, could result in legal fees and costs being added
                25/06/2022 - CAA request sent to Hoist Finance UK Holdings 3 Limited, along with £1 PO.
                01/07/2022 - Reply from Hoist Finance UK (dated 29 June 2022) returning £1 PO as it's "no longer required" and confirming my CCA request. Account is on hold whilst they request the required documents.
                06/07/2022 - Letter from The Hoist Finance Team (dated 1st July 2022) stating they may need to ask original lender for information to help them respond fully, and that they will contact with their response within 90 days from the letter date.

Thanks again!

Comment

File! Wait and see what they send next!
                  But its UE until they fulfill your request!

Comment

Today I received a bunch of "statements for your account". The covering letter states that the query for a copy of the credit agreement remains open until they receive a response from the original creditor, and that the account remains on hold.

QUESTION: They are referring to "your account" as if I have acknowledged the account with this process, despite someone earlier in the thread saying that the CCA request doesn't affect the clock or reset the SB timer. Can someone confirm this? The template I sent was then one referred to in this thread.

History
                    -------

25/06/2022 - CCA request sent to Hoist Finance UK Holdings 3 Limited, along with £1 PO.
                    01/07/2022 - Reply from Hoist Finance UK (dated 29 June 2022) returning £1 PO as it's "no longer required" and confirming my CCA request. Account is on hold whilst they request the required documents.
                    06/07/2022 - Letter from The Hoist Finance Team (dated 1st July 2022) stating they may need to ask original lender for information to help them respond fully, and that they will contact with their response within 90 days from the letter date.
                    20/07/2022 - Letter from The Hoist Finance Team (dated 15th July 2022) enclosed with a pile of printed bank statements. Letter states they are still waiting for original creditor to send them credit agreement, and account is on hold until they receive a response from them.

Comment

QUESTION: They are referring to "your account" as if I have acknowledged the account with this process, despite someone earlier in the thread saying that the CCA request doesn't affect the clock or reset the SB timer. Can someone confirm this? The template I sent was then one referred to in this thread.

If you used the AAD template (unaltered) it doesn't affect the SB clock. They can call it your account (well they would) all they like, it makes no difference to you.

Comment

Thanks Still Waving, just wanted to check for my own sanity

It's a pity the've printed the statements double-sided - I can't even use the back as scrap paper! (I'm joking, I've filed them with everything else anyway for my records)

Comment

Just updating the history with a couple of further letters received. One states there will be no further collection activity on the account while they await a response from the original creditor, and then a few days later I receive a letter "choose a way to pay" with the usual nonsense about setting up a payment plan etc. Surely they have just contradicted themselves by sending a letter that continues their collection efforts after stating they won't continue any collection efforts for now, blah blah?

Are they now breaching the guidelines that they should be following, whilst they are dealing with my CCA request?

As always, thanks for the advice, your time and your wisdom!

History
                          -------

25/06/2022 - CCA request sent to Hoist Finance UK Holdings 3 Limited, along with £1 PO.
                          20/07/2022 - Letter from The Hoist Finance Team (dated 15th July 2022) enclosed with a pile of printed bank statements. Letter states they are still waiting for original creditor to send them credit agreement, and account is on hold until they receive a response from them.
                          06/08/2022 - Letter from The Hoist Finance Team (dated 1st August 2022) stating they have not received response from original creditor, they will continue seeking an update, and that all action on the account is on hold while they await a resolution.
                          10/08/2022 - Hoist Finance UK: set up a payment plan letter, we may be able to offer a discount, etc. (dated 5th August 2022)

Comment

Desk Monkey No.2 doesn't know what Desk Monkey No.1 has said. Of no consequence as the letter doesn't constitute 'recovery action'.

Comment

trying to get you to make contact (statute barred starts again)
                              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Many, many thanks to everyone who has helped with the suggestions to help me get to this point. Yesterday I received the following (this is not word for word but gives the gist...):

Hello Mr or Mrs Person, <--- that's not a real name, it's like saying "Dear People" or "Hello Human" - why did you edit it out?

Further to your recent communication we have completed our investigation. Unfortunately, we have been unable to source the required information from the original creditor to resolve your dispute, however if we ever receive it in the future we will provide it to you.

This means your account is currently unenforceable, and we will proceed to remove entries regarding this account on your credit file.

We are not able to take legal action, however the balance remains due and we are entitled to continue collection activity which may include writing to you and telephoning you.

We would like to remind you that the balance on this account remains ouststanding. Please contact us to agree a repayment plan, agree a discounted settlement amount, blah blah, pay online, waffle waffle, set up a direct debit, et cetera et cetera...

Thanks

The Hoist Finance Team

History
                                -------

06/08/2022 - Letter from The Hoist Finance Team (dated 1st August 2022) stating they have not received response from original creditor, they will continue seeking an update, and that all action on the account is on hold while they await a resolution.
                                10/08/2022 - Hoist Finance UK: set up a payment plan (dated 5th August 2022)
                                17/08/2022 - Hoist Finance UK: discount available on your account (dated 11th August 2022)
                                05/10/2022 - Hoist Finance UK: confirmation of unenforceable debt as they have not received required information from original creditor (dated 29th September 2022)
                                Last edited by leaflet101; 6 October 2022, 10:13.

Comment

Working...
                                X