GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Letter of Claim from Howard Cohen and Co Solicitors - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Letter of Claim from Howard Cohen and Co Solicitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter of Claim from Howard Cohen and Co Solicitors

Hi all

I desperately need your help and advice as I believe this is only the beginning of my problems.

I have just received a Letter of Claim dated 30.09.2020 from Cohen Howard & Co Solicitors advising that they were acting for their client, Hoist Finance UK Holding 3 LTD (ex Barclaycard) who intend to issue proceedings in County Court for an outstanding amount I have failed to pay, with the purpose of obtaining a CCJ, unless I provided them with acceptable proposals for paying them £7k+ within 30 days of their letter ( click the link for the scan of the letter )

Received a claim - Yes
    Issue Date - 30/09/2020
    Have you Acknowledged the Claim - No
    Total Amount Claimed - £ 7759
    Claimant’s Name - Hoist Finance
    Solicitors Firm - Howard Cohen
    Original Creditor - Barclay Card
    Default date - First areas January 2017 Default July 2017
    Original Debt (eg. Credit card/Loan/Overdraft) : Credit Card
    Is the debt Statute Barred (have you had any contact with the creditor or claimant over the last 6 years?): Not statute-barred. No contact with anyone about the debt
    List any letters you have sent (eg: CCA/ CPR ): No letters sent as of yet
    Reason for default? Was going through a difficult family situation and wasn't able to carry on paying. Wife left me with two kids wiping out our bank accounts.
    Are you able to pay for it? No, I'm not. I'm a single self-employed dad and due to Coronavirus I barely can make any money at all. Right now I'm looking for 9-5 job as it doesn't look that I will be able to support my kids from my self-employment any time soon.

I had a look through other similar topic and I was hoping that someone could guide me how to sort out this matter and talk me through step by step what might happen.
    I hope I have included enough details but if anything is missing please let me know and I will update this asap.

What would be the next step? Should I send CCA request with postal order to Hoist?

I really appreciate any help you can provide.

You can send the front page if claim form to Di, who will browse over and advise accordingly.Diana Mayhew

Comment

Can I drop it here?

Last edited by Joanna Connolly Solicitors; 13 October 2020, 15:01.

Comment

Diana Mayhew
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by globus View Post
          I desperately need your help and advice as I believe this is only the beginning of my problems.

I have just received a Letter of Claim dated 30.09.2020 from Cohen Howard & Co Solicitors advising that they were acting for their client, Hoist Finance UK Holding 3 LTD (ex Barclaycard) who intend to issue proceedings in County Court for an outstanding amount I have failed to pay, with the purpose of obtaining a CCJ, unless I provided them with acceptable proposals for paying them £7k+ within 30 days of their letter ( click the link for the scan of the letter )

Received a claim - Yes
          Issue Date - 30/09/2020
          Have you Acknowledged the Claim - No
          Total Amount Claimed - £ 7759
          Claimant’s Name - Hoist Finance
          Solicitors Firm - Howard Cohen
          Original Creditor - Barclay Card
          Default date - First areas January 2017 Default July 2017
          Original Debt (eg. Credit card/Loan/Overdraft) : Credit Card
          Is the debt Statute Barred (have you had any contact with the creditor or claimant over the last 6 years?): Not statute-barred. No contact with anyone about the debt
          List any letters you have sent (eg: CCA/ CPR ): No letters sent as of yet
          Reason for default? Was going through a difficult family situation and wasn't able to carry on paying. Wife left me with two kids wiping out our bank accounts.
          Are you able to pay for it? No, I'm not. I'm a single self-employed dad and due to Coronavirus I barely can make any money at all. Right now I'm looking for 9-5 job as it doesn't look that I will be able to support my kids from my self-employment any time soon.

I had a look through other similar topic and I was hoping that someone could guide me how to sort out this matter and talk me through step by step what might happen.
          I hope I have included enough details but if anything is missing please let me know and I will update this asap.

What would be the next step? Should I send CCA request with postal order to Hoist?

I really appreciate any help you can provide.

Hello

I’m happy to help you with your Letter of Claim from Howard Cohen solicitors sent on behalf of their client Hoist who may have lack of FCA authorisation problems. And other legal issues.

This could be the beginning of the end of your problems not the start.

Dont send a CCA Request until the situation becomes clearer because it may (may not) do more harm than good depending on the history of the debt.

I’m a single parent too so I know how you feel.

email me if you like using di@joannaconnollysolicitors.co.uk

Di
          Last edited by Joanna Connolly Solicitors; 12 October 2020, 19:35.

Comment

Thank you. I will send you an email

Comment

Thank you. I will send you an email

I've replied to your email

Di

Comment

received a Letter of Claim dated 30.09.2020 from Cohen Howard & Co Solicitors advising that they were acting for their client, Hoist Finance UK Holding 3 LTD (ex Barclaycard) who intend to issue proceedings in County Court for an outstanding amount I have failed to pay, with the purpose of obtaining a CCJ, unless I provided them with acceptable proposals for paying them £7k+ within 30 days of their letter

Has anything more happened since Howard Cohen sent you that Letter of Claim on behalf of Hoist?

Di

Comment

Working...
                X