GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Help with 100k Debt and Starting Again - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with 100k Debt and Starting Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with 100k Debt and Starting Again

Dear All,

I am very new to this forum and have been kindly sent your details from someone close that is helping me through a very tough time.

This has been further compounded due to Covid-19 and I am in the process of trying to figure out how to start again and how to get out of the very dark hole that I find myself in.

In a brief overview, I am currently looking at around £100k of debt, inclusive of utilities, loans, c/c's, car finance, family members amongst the main things.

This is not £100k necessarily I need to cover, some of this is still under finance agreements etc.

I have 2 CCJ's at present due to the situation.

During Covid, my business has been shut down and I have been on £0 income for just over 6 months now.

I am need of desperate and serious help and would really appreciate any advice offered.

As a side note, my landlord is now pursuing an eviction, as they have no trust in our industry and think it will fail when it reopens after Covid, which is false but their opinion.

I am worried about what that means for trying to move property if my landlord in fact proceeds with this, as we have had constant stress and threats during Covid regarding this. They have since produced a S8 and S21. This is not due to us, more to the economical standpoint they believe I will not successfully return to work when my industry reopens.

Thank you.

Originally posted by Anon.Ymous8891 View Post

I have 2 CCJ's at present due to the situation.

During Covid, my business has been shut down . . .

As a side note, my landlord is now pursuing an eviction, as they have no trust in our industry and think it will fail when it reopens after Covid, which is false but their opinion.

I am worried about what that means for trying to move property if my landlord in fact proceeds with this, as we have had constant stress and threats during Covid regarding this. They have since produced a S8 and S21.

Hello

It's good to take control of the situation and not let the situation control you any longer.

May I ask a couple of quick things first?

You say you have two CCJs at present due to the situation. Do you mean you've been issued/served with two county court claims which need an Acknowledgement of Service and Defence filed in response, or do you mean that they have already become County Court Judgments if you didn't respond or if it went to a court Hearing which you didn't win?

And can I assume it's the Landlord for an Assured Shorthold Tenancy (residential) not a business Landlord who aims to seek possession of your property?

I note you mention Section 21 and Ground 8 so that may mean you have rent arrears and the s21 Notice has just been served giving you two months' notice of their intention to seek possession. Obviously that would not be the eviction date - they would first have to get a possession order and it's not necessarily as easy as they would like you to think.

Di

Comment

Hi Di,

Thank you for coming back to me. I really appreciate it.

To answer your questions;

* I have 2 CCJ's in situ. they were ones that have been issued. Sadly getting into a bad position and not being aware of the help available and how to perhaps prevent it. I was not successful in overturning them so they are still in place.

* I have an AST with a landlord that is under a letting agent in my local area.

So they have come to an agreement with us during the Covid pandemic, however they have constantly changed the terms and have since issued both notices, that if we were within the agreement, we are less than 2 months arrears, though they are now trying to say we are almost 4 months, as they are not honouring the agreement.

The S21 is as they have no faith about my return to work.

My concern is what my next steps are as I have looked in an IVA as well as bankruptcy, though they both seem to come with caveats.

I understand the bankruptcy but the IVA option, I have gone through Business Debt Line as I am S/E but they have been less than helpful.

Also suggesting a DMP rather than IVA as they were saying you cannot write off any debt with an IVA, rather agree payment terms to repay the amounts over more than 100+ years!

Comment

Hey guys,

I am sorry to bump this thread.

Does anyone have any further insights at all?

Di, is there anything else you need?

Comment

It's difficult to make any hard and fast suggestion as to how you should tackle your overall debt situation.

However here is a link to Debt Camel which explains the various Debt Solutions available in plain English highlighting the pros and cons of each which may help > https://debtcamel.co.uk/debt-options/

If any of your debts are credit cards, loans, HP etc then make a separate post for each one on this thread setting out the basic history (date opened, balance outstanding etc) and then you will get help to see if any of them are unenforceable in law if you send a s77-79 CCA Request.

I look forward to helping you with your consumer credit issues.

Di

Comment

Working...
          X