GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script I'm just so tired of it all - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm just so tired of it all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm just so tired of it all

I've been on a debt treadmill for over 10 years.
    At its worst my debt was over £15.6k, thanks in no small part to a lifetime of undiagnosed chronic depression.

I've paid off around £3k of that through work bonuses and got my mental health in order, but I just want the debt to go away. I set up as self-employed writer earlier this year but obviously corona made starting my business much more difficult and I've effectively been coasting/living on savings, part-time wages from side jobs and not really getting much business progress done. Obviously had no help from the Gmt either as a newly self-employed person, except for around £300 a month in furlough wages from my zero-hour side jobs.

I just want the debt to go away. I feel like it's a hangover from my old, depression days and although my mental health is better now (thanks to spending thousands on life-saving private therapy) it just feels like a millstone around my neck stopping me from flying.
    All I want is to own my own property and that just feels like an unattainable pipe dream. I'm 32 and I feel like I'm in the most hopeless situation.

Sorry for the vent. I'm just tired of having to justify my being stingy to all my friends who have so much more disposable income and stability than I do (they are all married, I'm single and being single is more expensive too). I've had to use money to duck out of things for years but it feels like the debt will plague me forever.

Hello. Would you be able to make. A diary for each debt separately look around the site and get an idea.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Well Roundround, you think you got it bad, I’m on the wrong side of 50 and have upwards of £80k approx, but whilst I haven’t bought my own house yet, I will and it will be cash when I do. Thanks to the special people on here I no longer worry myself over the debt, I know they have my back when it troubles me.
      this is probably the most helpful and informative website that you will ever come across, so follow the advice and you’ll soon start to realise your life exists with or without the debt.

Comment

Welcome to AAD. As Tech Clerk has said, if you read the debt free diaries you will see there is a format to list your debts using a separate post for each debt. Then we can try to help you.
        Listing them may seem daunting but it’s the first step to gaining control. We are a self help group with a tried and tested method for dealing with debt.
        Many on here have taken a long time to deal with debt and for much larger sums. We will be able to help to you gain control. Please ask any questions as knowledge is power.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
        X