GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script How would they know that my cr/crdacc was opened in 1995 ? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would they know that my cr/crdacc was opened in 1995 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would they know that my cr/crdacc was opened in 1995 ?

I spoke to one of my creditors the other day and in the conversation I said this debt has been going on for years (passing comment)and her reply was yes from 1995. How would she know that, is it likely that they have a copy of my original credit application form ? I would appreciate if someone could advise. Thank you

Originally posted by Reading-22-08 View Post
    I said this debt has been going on for years (passing comment)and her reply was yes from 1995. How would she know that, is it likely that they have a copy of my original credit application form ?
    Hello

She may have been psychic but more likely the information (account start date) is on the database, which is no indication as to whether they have the credit agreement scanned and saved on the system.

Was this the original creditor or has the debt been assigned to a debt purchaser?

When debt purchasers acquire an account they're usually only given basic information such as your name, last known address, contact number, last payment date and amount outstanding. They don't get the paperwork. Your account would be one of thousands assigned in bulk.

I wouldn't ring them again in case you let something slip by mistake. Send them a s 77-79 CCA Request and see what (if anything) comes back and then post on your thread for a suggestion of what to do next.

Good Luck with this.

Di

Comment

Thanks Di, a very helpful response. I thought I was being paranoid. I will follow the actions suggested and come back to the forum with an update. Thank you

Comment

I recently sent the 77-79 CCA requests to my creditors and have received two different replies so if anyone can suggest my next steps I would be most grateful. Both letters confirm they are not in receipt of the credit agreement, but one says they are applying to the lender and expect it to take sometime and will write with an update within 12 days. Their letter dated 3/9/18 but received today 7/9/18. The other letter says they have been unable to obtain the form from the lender and the credit agreement is unenforceable. But both say that this may be on my credit file and that they could still default. Is this true?

Comment

they are correct they can report on credit file and chase - but until produced unefnforceable = long may they never find an enforceable one!
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi thank you for coming back to me and your response. I am a little unsure what to do next. I am about to apply for a mortgage. The debt is over 10 years old and I have continued to honor it by paying a £1 each month, I a led for the credit file and one I know they cannot get and the other I think they are going to try and get but it won't be in the 12 days. What cab I do next? Thank you

Comment

Sorry predicted text. I requested my credit file agreement

Comment

since paying small amount then they are reporting fact on file = yes, so acknowledged within 5 years scotland/6 years eng/wales,

Warwick65 to pop in here
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Have the accounts been defaulted and registered on your Credit file with the CRAs
                  If so when were they defaulted?

Comment

No there is nothing on my credit file. Both cards were banks and sold to the credit agency after 7 years. I always paid a £1 so as not to make any noise. I don't own anything so not worth pursuing. My account was up for review and I think they may have seen some searches from mortgage lenders. I then got a letter saying my account was off hold unless I give a financial statement. I then sent the CCA letter and the letters they sent is what I previously wrote. The very old dept does not appear on my credit file. Thank you

Comment

Then apply for your Mortgage
                      yes, they will have been notified about the search by mortgage lenders,
                      Yes, they can ask for a financial statement,
                      BUT you don't have to send them one,

If they have not got the CCA then they CAN ask for payments, They CANNOT persue through courts,

so not a lot they can do,
                      Can I just ask which DCA they are with?

NW x

Comment

Cabot

Comment

One of their letters says they are waiting for the lender to provide the credit agreement. But it will be out of the 12 days can they still pursue me if they have the agreement after the 12 days? Also can they default me now since I did not pay the £1 this month. Should I resume with payments ? After 10 years of this courtesy of an alcoholic ex husband I want to move on and put this chapter being me. Thank you

Comment

Your bring incredible helpful thank you

Comment

Thank you both for your responses x

Comment

Working...
                              X