GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script being chased for a debt i dont owe. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

being chased for a debt i dont owe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: being chased for a debt i dont owe.

Hi Everyone ..... time for a quick update and a plea for further advice.

Arrow Global (the company chasing me for the debt i don't owe) appeared to have engaged another collection agency.

I've just received a letter from a Rossendales Collect, demanding payment of £4699.54 and promising immediate action to recover the debt unless I repay within 7 days of the date on the letter - a neat trick seeing as it took the letter 8 days to arrive!

So what do i do now? they are claiming that i have ignored all previous communications from Arrow - only partly true as I wrote to Arrow requesting proof of this debt and sent the download-able template from this site that Niddy suggested. I have had no proof that the debt is mine from Arrow.

I was going to write to Rossendales with copies of the letters i sent to Arrow, requesting proof of the debt.

Do you think this is the best course of action?

What can Rossendales actually do to reclaim the debt? - the thought of bailiffs turning up on the doorstep is a pretty scary one to say the least.

Any advice would be hugely appreciated

cheers

Comment

If it was me, I would be sending the same letter to Ross's.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi Badgerdog
        Cold comfort I know but I am experiencing exactly the same problems, so don't worry you have not been singled out. Good luck

Comment

It always makes me laugh on soaps when bailiffs just turn up and take away all their goods. It just doesn't happen that way. Years ago we had a note through the door saying they were coming back to take the TV , well a) it wasn't our debt and b) The TV belonged to my housemates girlfriend.

Never ever let a bailiff into your home unless they have the correct paperwork, if in doubt call the police

Comment

Thank you, good solid advice ..... so it seems bailiffs are the same as vampires - they can only enter your home if you invite them in!

to me, this whole thing is getting very tiresome.

First of all Arrow tried to reclaim the "debt" but went away when i asked for proof of the debt (statements etc).

Then Arrow engaged a company called Fredrikksons - who went away when i asked for proof of the debt.

Then Arrow tried again, and went away when i asked for proof of the debt.

Now Arrow have engaged Rossendales - who I'll be writing to, asking for proof of the debt.

How long can this go on for? is there a limit to the number of different agents that they can use - its getting very much like harassment to me. Is there any regulating body i can complain to? so far I've had three different companies who have demanded money from me yet none have been able (or willing) to prove the debt is mine despite repeated requests..... i'd love to have some regulatory authority tell them to put up or shut up.

could this theoretically go on for years to come?

Comment

Thanks FP. A bit more useful info , glad to be corrected

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
                ain peaceful entry through an open window or unlocked door and take things that are stored outside.
                But even then, they have to be sure that they belong to the debtor. and not another member of the household.

I know of someone where "bailiffs" entered through an unlocked door while house was empty and took TV, Video, DVD and numerous other goods over a mobile phone bill.

Only problem was it was the daughters, not theirs. cost them £6K I believe.
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thing is at the time a bailiff comes you just ensure you do not open your door to them. Remember it's HCEO' s that can enter your house. A normal bailiff wouldn't get appointed normally, unless you default on a court order.

I'd really forget bailiffs at this stage. If anything utilise the new law; leave your door wide open and let them enter then shoot them.

Simples, no....
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

This is the relevant part

Different bailiffs have differing powers to collect debts. However, there are certain rules that apply to all bailiffs. Most bailiffs do not have the right to force their way into your home to seize your goods. The only exception is that bailiffs from the Collector of Taxes (HMRC / Inland Revenue) can get a warrant to force entry, but this is very rare.
                    From:--> Dealing with Bailiffs Harassment - allaboutFORUMS
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                      Thing is at the time a bailiff comes you just ensure you do not open your door to them. Remember it's HCEO' s that can enter your house. A normal bailiff wouldn't get appointed normally, unless you default on a court order.

I'd really forget bailiffs at this stage. If anything utilise the new law; leave your door wide open and let them enter then shoot them.

Simples, no....
                      Ha! Dont tempt me, trouble is, i've only got a spud gun!
                      =

Comment

Originally posted by badgerdogg View Post
                        Ha! Dont tempt me, trouble is, i've only got a spud gun!
                        =

On Loan:-
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post

Simples, no....
                          Just make sure he doesnt turn his back to you the moment you fire LOL

Comment

Working...
                          X