GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Help Required - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help Required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help Required

Indeed , once it is SB'd then all you need to do is write to them and tell them that the alledged debt is SB.
    Not sure that bugger off is quite the right phrase but i am sure you can reword it yo convey the meaning

Comment

Thank you so much to everybody for all of your help and advice. It looks like I'm finally in the clear then, I just have a couple of final questions:

1: Should I just start afresh then and apply for a basic bank account etc, or should I just link my previous address by telling my current credit card provider (who I am up to date with) & my current bank (who I am in the black with) my current address?

2: Do outstanding Debt Searches show up when a Bank or Credit Card company does a search on your credit file?

3: If I apply for any credit in the future, will the companies that I defaulted with in the past still have my details on file and decline me or is this all ancient history?

Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
        Hi

Out of interest is your "mate" still breathing and if so; why?
        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyfastarse View Post
          Thank you so much to everybody for all of your help and advice. It looks like I'm finally in the clear then, I just have a couple of final questions:

1: Should I just start afresh then and apply for a basic bank account etc, or should I just link my previous address by telling my current credit card provider (who I am up to date with) & my current bank (who I am in the black with) my current address?

So long as you do not have any linked debts to the same group that you now bank with then you ought to tell the bank you've moved and ask them to update their records.

Obviously just do not give a date as that would then alert N Hunter to your deception which would then go against you for 6 years. N Hunter is a FPA - Fraud Prevention Agency (Welcome to National Hunter) who seek differentials between applicants, applications and information provided by banks. If they issue a warning then no lender that uses them will touch you - of course, they cannot just decline you based on N Hunter data as they are meant to manually assess cases that are flagged, but they don't - they simply reject en masse.

Be warned! Just write to the bank / card company and simply say "my new address is XXX - please update your records to reflect this change effective immediately"

2: Do outstanding Debt Searches show up when a Bank or Credit Card company does a search on your credit file?

Yes - as you said, you have 2 showing already don't you? They last for 2 years as well. Regardless of whether a debt is SB'd they can still do a trace as the money is still owed as such, although they cannot pursue/enforce it. Such debt traces are quite bad and most lenders will worry when they see this data but your two live accounts and the associated monthly feed history will cover you in that it shows you're NOT a bad risk

3: If I apply for any credit in the future, will the companies that I defaulted with in the past still have my details on file and decline me or is this all ancient history?

Within 12 years of the account opening yes. So put simply, if you had a card with barclays in 2000 and then vanished (also in 2000) if you went to open an account with them at any point from 2006-2012 then there is a risk the old data will still be there thus counting down any possible internal scoring.

In your case, you don't have much to worry about.

Thanks again
          See comments in red, above. Good luck
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Never-In-Doubt, once again you really do seem to have all the answers, just to further clarify then.

With Regards to Linked Debts, my bank account is with RBS which I know is grouped with Natwest but do they own any Credit Card companies? My Credit Card is with Egg, I believe that they have now been taken over by Barclaycard who I did/do have a debt with & a bank account with Barclays & a loan with them as well all defaulted albeit this dates back to some point between 1999 & 2002. So are you referring to current or historic (now deleted) debts?

On your last point, is the 12 years taken from inception i.e. "Start Date" or from the date that they effectively closed/sold your account on due to default?

Thanks again Niddy, just as I think all of my questions are answered it just raises new ones, but I reckon I'm almost there!

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyfastarse View Post
              Thanks Never-In-Doubt, once again you really do seem to have all the answers, just to further clarify then.

With Regards to Linked Debts, my bank account is with RBS which I know is grouped with Natwest but do they own any Credit Card companies? My Credit Card is with Egg, I believe that they have now been taken over by Barclaycard who I did/do have a debt with & a bank account with Barclays & a loan with them as well all defaulted albeit this dates back to some point between 1999 & 2002. So are you referring to current or historic (now deleted) debts?

On your last point, is the 12 years taken from inception i.e. "Start Date" or from the date that they effectively closed/sold your account on due to default?

Thanks again Niddy, just as I think all of my questions are answered it just raises new ones, but I reckon I'm almost there!

Ok, your card is with Egg who are now part of BC but that won't matter as the old Barclays stuff is sooo old.

Basically, a lender usually retains data for 6yrs after account closure so in your case most of it will be cleared so I'd really not worry, just change address formally and you'll be fine.

If any of the old companies try and get in touch/hassle you DO NOT REPLY, instead come here and we'll guide you.

But otherwise, well done - seems you're free of this old mess now

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I posted on here a while ago regarding a poor personal financial situation that had been erased after year & years of hiding from my credit file, I have now actioned my changes of address & updated the electoral roll. I have today just received my first letter from a DCA Rockwell DCA saying that they have been instructed to collect a debt owed to Arrow Global Ltd, their reference seems to be for a credit card. What should I do?

Comment

Send it back marked "unknown at this address"

Comment

Working...
                  X