GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Debt help. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Debt help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Debt help.

Originally posted by vicky View Post
    I think most of them must have been before 2007 looking at them now, but will have a good look and let you no asap. Thankyou all
    purrfect, let us know please. Obviously before any DRO etc lets CCA and see what that produces, a formal process such as DRO is a last resort!

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

If I phone the company's can they tell me when the accounts where opened up?
      And I'm doing voluntary work at the moment and am on JSA, I currently don't have any money left over once I have bought food and electric.

Comment

don't phone the companies

do you have any old paperwork lying around? that may help you date things.

Comment

It's worth sending a CCA request off anyway at the moment because they'll soon say if they have a post-2007 Agreement....

Do you know what a CCA request is Vicky? Assuming that you don't, it's a legal request for a true copy of the Consumer Credit Agreement that you (allegedly) signed at the time of taking out certain debts. Not all companies keep these but if it's a pre-2007 debt, they need to have it before they can legally collect money from you.

If these debts are with debt collectors now, then it's more important to send the request off because these companies buy debts from creditors for peanuts and then chase you for the full balance; that's how they make their money. Most of them are also nasty bar stewards, so don't ring them up because they'll fill your head with a load of drivel to try and get you to cough up more than you are already.

in order to get control of your life back, everything has to be in writing from now on. Please try not to worry...

Remember the mantra:
          NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
          Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
          Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hiya sorry its taken me a while to reply, i think i have all the info now though.

Capquest - shop direct financial services. I owe about £360. Date aprox 2007/08. In arrears.

Buchanan Clarke & Wells. Barclays Bank. I owe aprox £535. Date aprox 2006/07. In arrears.

Westcot - Greenwoods. I owe aprox £710. Date aprox 2006/07. In arrears.

Mackenzie Hall - Capital one. I owe aprox £425. Date aprox 2007/08. In arrears.

CLFinance - Dont no who i owe this to. I owe aprox £127. Date aprox 2007/08. In arrears.

Inter-credit International. Veolia Water. I owe aprox £350. Date aprox 2009/10. In arrears

Mackenzie Hall - Oxendales catologue. I owe aprox £1650. Date aprox 2008/09. In arrears.

CCS Collect - dont no who i owe this to. I owe aprox £160. Date aprox 2007/08. In arrears.

Thats all the info i have.

Comment

I think the first thing will be to send CCA requests to everyone on that list
              CCA Request

You will need to send a cheque/postal order for £1 to each.
              Remember to sign the letters digitally and if sending a cheque maybe ask someone else to write them on their account i.e not your signature

Someone will be along to get you really going shortly

Comment

Im being stupid now, whats a ccs request?

Comment

Click on the link , but it is a request for a copy of the consumer credit agreement.
                  If these were applied for online you only need a tick box, but from what I am told catalogue debts prior to april 2007 are very often unenforceable because they do not hold the right documentation.

If you sent them, when you get the agreement back, email it to Niddy and he will tell you what to do next

Comment

Hi Vicky..... as you don't have a precise date when these accounts were opened, you do need to send a CCA request to each applicable account (more about this later). A CCA request is a legal request under the Consumer Credit Act; asking for a true copy of any alleged Consumer Credit Agreement that any of these (applicable) companies have.

Under the Consumer Credit Act 1974, they should have this before demanding payments from you.... but many don't for a number of reasons. Sometimes because they've been cocky enough to think they don't need it, sometimes because an account has been sold to debt collectors without it and sometimes, because you never actually signed one. Without one however, a debt becomes unenforceable (UE).....

Most accounts are covered by the Act but there are some exceptions; utility bills and mobile phone accounts are two examples.

From the list you've provided, it would seem that Veolia Water is the only one that you shouldn't bother sending a CCA request to but there are still things you can do with this one. As it's with debt collectors, you need to ask for a Statement of Account for starters to find out if they've slapped on charges

As a starting point though, please answer Flower's questions because we still need a little more info. about these debts. Once you've answered the questions, send a CCA request to everyone else; for each account that company holds. Each CCA request costs £1 and in order to by-pass signing a cheque, it's best to enclose a £1 postal each time. Every one then needs to be sent by rec. delivery (so you can track it, if necessary) and the corresponding rec. delivery receipt then attached to a copy of the CCA request that it relates to. This way you don't lose track of things. You then need to file each one away.

Personally, I see no harm in sending a CCA request for all accounts (apart from Veolia Water) at this stage, as you will soon find out what they've got and whether it's relevant by what you get back.

Finally, are any of these account CCJs (County Court Judgements)?.... because if so, we need details.

Remember the mantra:

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Just updating this thread for Vicky.....

it turns out that only 3 of these debts need immediate action because only 3 DCAs have made contact recently....

Robinson Way (client is Cabot, previous DCA was Mack Hall and prior to that, Fire... who are Cabot anyway). CCA request to go off, along with doorstep collection feck off letter.

Buchanan, Clark & Wells (client Aktiv Kapital; creditor Barclays). CCA request to go off.

Inter-Credit International Ltd (utility bill). Monthly offer of £1 to be made, along with request for a full breakdown of the amount alleged to be owing... and, a doorstep collection feck off letter.

The other debts can be ignored for now ('coz they're phishing) or, can be left until something stronger is received because none of them have made contact in the last 6 months and the amounts owing are quite small.

Will update in due course unless V updates herself first.

Remember the mantra:

Comment

Why not suggest she ignores them? We're talking peanuts.

Not exactly liable to commence action
                        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                          Why not suggest she ignores them? We're talking peanuts.

Not exactly liable to commence action
                          Yep.... s'pose you're right.....

Game over then.....
                          Remember the mantra:

Comment

Working...
                          X